Chichester to Seaford

Taz

Guest
Hi all, can anyone tell me the best and safest route to get to seaford. I
can go along the southcoast cycle route to Shoreham but don't know the best
way from there. Any suggestions welcome.
TIA
Taz

Taz said:
Hi all, can anyone tell me the best and safest route to get to seaford. I
can go along the southcoast cycle route to Shoreham but don't know the best
way from there. Any suggestions welcome.
TIA

There's really only two ways; the shortest but by no means safest is along the coast through Brighton and Newhaven, or from Shoreham a much more scenic but slightly longer route is up the A283 to Upper Beeding, then R through Edburton and Fulking to Poynings, over the A23 (follow the Brighton cycle route) on a bridge to Pyecombe, over the top to Clayton (not too bad) then along the underhill lane past the foot of Ditchling Beacon to join the B2216 to Lewes, then down the old Newhaven road through Rodmell and from Newhaven along the coast, but why stop there, the fantastic scenery of the Seven Sisters through Birling Gap to Eastbourne is well worth the climb.
Enjoy ;-)

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 06:57:32 +1000, MartinMM
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> or from Shoreham a much
>> more scenic but slightly longer route is up the A283 to Upper Beeding,

Funny old world. I lobbed this up a few days ago
<http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/MikesRoute.jpg>

My legs hurt :-/
James

Sorry, the file size of
<http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/MikesRoute.jpg> is a bit large.

James

Hi, thanks for your replies. Martin, that is my plan to go to Birling Gap
etc. Seaford seems a good stooping off point to find a b+b or youth hostel.
James, it is a funny old world, I have an Orbea Larrau, only mine's white
and cream.
Taz

news:[email protected]...