chicken allergy question

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Taradanielle, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Taradanielle

    Taradanielle Guest

    Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those allergic
    to chicken are often allergic to?

    Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
    Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
    cake, or garlic! Tara

    Tags:

  2. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "TaraDanielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those
    > allergic to chicken are often allergic to?
    >
    > Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
    > Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
    > cake, or garlic! Tara

    Worcestershire sauce contains anchovies and soy any hints there?

    Dimitri

  3. Frogleg

    Frogleg Guest

    On 10 Feb 2004 09:49:20 -0800, [email protected]
    (TaraDanielle) wrote:

    >Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those allergic to
    >chicken are often allergic to?
    >
    >Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
    >Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
    >cake, or garlic!

    Your husband's allergist should be able to narrow down some of the food questions. I believe there
    are several allergy-related newsgroups that may be able to help.

  4. [email protected] (TaraDanielle) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken?

    No. And take "hubby" to an allergist for testing before he ends up dead. This isn't the place for
    people to diagnose other people's allergies and medical conditions.

  5. K. Reece

    K. Reece Guest

    "TaraDanielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those
    > allergic to chicken are often allergic to?
    >
    > Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
    > Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
    > cake, or garlic! Tara

    My oldest son is allergic to chicken. He's also allergic to eggs, peanuts, strawberries, cinnamon
    and crab meat. Each person is different though. Your husband's allergies are as individual as he is.
    You should probably take him in for testing if his allergies are severe.

    Kathy

  6. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    TaraDanielle wrote:

    > Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those
    > allergic to chicken are often allergic to?

    My wife's most recent allergy tests showed an allergy to chicken. She is also allergic to tomatoes,
    potatoes, lettuce, salmon and trout, beans, corn, oatmeal, yeast, grasses and molds.

  7. Kajikit

    Kajikit Guest

    TaraDanielle saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us
    all about it on 10 Feb 2004 09:49:20 -0800:

    >Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those allergic
    >to chicken are often allergic to?
    >
    >Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
    >Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
    >cake, or garlic!

    I've never heard of anyone who's allergic to chicken. It's not common to be allergic to a meat
    protein. But it's possible. Go see an allergist ASAP and get diagnosed properly so he'll know what
    he has to avoid...

  8. Taradanielle

    Taradanielle Guest

    OK it sounds very individualized, so I guess we'll force him to go to the doctor. It's not a deathly
    allergy, more like a flu/mild food poisoning. Definitely not fun. Tara

  9. K. Reece

    K. Reece Guest

    "Kajikit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > TaraDanielle saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all about it on 10 Feb 2004
    > 09:49:20 -0800:
    >
    > >Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those
    > >allergic to chicken are often allergic to?
    > >
    > >Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
    > >Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
    > >cake, or garlic!
    >
    > I've never heard of anyone who's allergic to chicken. It's not common to be allergic to a meat
    > protein. But it's possible. Go see an allergist ASAP and get diagnosed properly so he'll know what
    > he has to avoid...

    It's not all that unusual to be allergic to chicken. That's why they ask you before you get a flu
    shot if you're allergic to eggs or chicken. I'm allergic to feathers and flu shots but not eggs
    or chicken.

    Kathy

  10. "Carmen Dioxide" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (TaraDanielle) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken?
    >
    > No. And take "hubby" to an allergist for testing before he ends up dead. This isn't the place for
    > people to diagnose other people's allergies and medical conditions.

    OOOO!

    Charlie

  11. EskWIRED

    EskWIRED Guest

    In rec.food.cooking, Carmen Dioxide <[email protected]> wrote:
    > [email protected] (TaraDanielle) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken?

    > No. And take "hubby" to an allergist for testing before he ends up dead. This isn't the place for
    > people to diagnose other people's allergies and medical conditions.

    I'm fairly sure that your husband is allergic to MSG. Oh - and nuts.

    --
    ...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

    - The Who

  12. Barry Grau

    Barry Grau Guest

    [email protected] (TaraDanielle) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > OK it sounds very individualized, so I guess we'll force him to go to the doctor. It's not a
    > deathly allergy, more like a flu/mild food poisoning. Definitely not fun. Tara

    They can get worse over time.

    -bwg

  13. Dr B J

    Dr B J Guest

    "K. Reece" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Kajikit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]...
    > > TaraDanielle saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all about it on 10 Feb 2004
    > > 09:49:20 -0800:
    > >
    > > >Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those
    > > >allergic to chicken are often allergic to?
    > > >
    > > >Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not
    > > >poultry). Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce,
    > > >or pork, or cake, or garlic!

    Actually your Hubby is highly unlikly to be allergic to chicken! But possibly to something the
    chicken ate or to some spice used on the chicken. Man are predominantly a carnivore so real allergy
    to meat of anny kind are wery rare! Do go and have a proper test made - but don't belive blindly in
    it - even that may be faulty!