chicken allergy question



T

Taradanielle

Guest
Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those allergic
to chicken are often allergic to?

Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
cake, or garlic! Tara
 
D

Dimitri

Guest
"TaraDanielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those
> allergic to chicken are often allergic to?
>
> Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
> Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
> cake, or garlic! Tara

Worcestershire sauce contains anchovies and soy any hints there?

Dimitri
 
F

Frogleg

Guest
On 10 Feb 2004 09:49:20 -0800, [email protected]
(TaraDanielle) wrote:

>Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those allergic to
>chicken are often allergic to?
>
>Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
>Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
>cake, or garlic!

Your husband's allergist should be able to narrow down some of the food questions. I believe there
are several allergy-related newsgroups that may be able to help.
 
C

Carmen Dioxide

Guest
[email protected] (TaraDanielle) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken?

No. And take "hubby" to an allergist for testing before he ends up dead. This isn't the place for
people to diagnose other people's allergies and medical conditions.
 
K

K. Reece

Guest
"TaraDanielle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those
> allergic to chicken are often allergic to?
>
> Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
> Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
> cake, or garlic! Tara

My oldest son is allergic to chicken. He's also allergic to eggs, peanuts, strawberries, cinnamon
and crab meat. Each person is different though. Your husband's allergies are as individual as he is.
You should probably take him in for testing if his allergies are severe.

Kathy
 
D

Dave Smith

Guest
TaraDanielle wrote:

> Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those
> allergic to chicken are often allergic to?

My wife's most recent allergy tests showed an allergy to chicken. She is also allergic to tomatoes,
potatoes, lettuce, salmon and trout, beans, corn, oatmeal, yeast, grasses and molds.
 
K

Kajikit

Guest
TaraDanielle saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us
all about it on 10 Feb 2004 09:49:20 -0800:

>Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those allergic
>to chicken are often allergic to?
>
>Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
>Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
>cake, or garlic!

I've never heard of anyone who's allergic to chicken. It's not common to be allergic to a meat
protein. But it's possible. Go see an allergist ASAP and get diagnosed properly so he'll know what
he has to avoid...
 
T

Taradanielle

Guest
OK it sounds very individualized, so I guess we'll force him to go to the doctor. It's not a deathly
allergy, more like a flu/mild food poisoning. Definitely not fun. Tara
 
K

K. Reece

Guest
"Kajikit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> TaraDanielle saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all about it on 10 Feb 2004
> 09:49:20 -0800:
>
> >Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those
> >allergic to chicken are often allergic to?
> >
> >Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not poultry).
> >Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce, or pork, or
> >cake, or garlic!
>
> I've never heard of anyone who's allergic to chicken. It's not common to be allergic to a meat
> protein. But it's possible. Go see an allergist ASAP and get diagnosed properly so he'll know what
> he has to avoid...
>

It's not all that unusual to be allergic to chicken. That's why they ask you before you get a flu
shot if you're allergic to eggs or chicken. I'm allergic to feathers and flu shots but not eggs
or chicken.

Kathy
 
E

EskWIRED

Guest
In rec.food.cooking, Carmen Dioxide <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] (TaraDanielle) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken?

> No. And take "hubby" to an allergist for testing before he ends up dead. This isn't the place for
> people to diagnose other people's allergies and medical conditions.

I'm fairly sure that your husband is allergic to MSG. Oh - and nuts.

--
...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who
 
B

Barry Grau

Guest
[email protected] (TaraDanielle) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> OK it sounds very individualized, so I guess we'll force him to go to the doctor. It's not a
> deathly allergy, more like a flu/mild food poisoning. Definitely not fun. Tara

They can get worse over time.

-bwg
 
D

Dr B J

Guest
"K. Reece" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Kajikit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
> > TaraDanielle saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told us all about it on 10 Feb 2004
> > 09:49:20 -0800:
> >
> > >Hi Does anyone know anyone who's allergic to chicken? Are there other allergies that those
> > >allergic to chicken are often allergic to?
> > >
> > >Hubby is allergic to chicken, and has been having similar reactions to other foods (not
> > >poultry). Trying to figure out what to rule out! It seems like it could be worstershire sauce,
> > >or pork, or cake, or garlic!
> >
Actually your Hubby is highly unlikly to be allergic to chicken! But possibly to something the
chicken ate or to some spice used on the chicken. Man are predominantly a carnivore so real allergy
to meat of anny kind are wery rare! Do go and have a proper test made - but don't belive blindly in
it - even that may be faulty!