Chicken enchilada rec. I promised to post :)

Roberta

Guest
Well I finally broke down and dug through stacks of boxes to find my
cookbook (It's called "Favorite Brand Name Best-loved Recipes of all
time" --- the title is ridiculous I know lol)

I am making this this weekend and I CAN'T WAIT! :)

Chicken Enchiladas
------------------

4 Cups finely chopped cooked chicken
1 Cup chopped onion
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 1/2 Cups hot water
1 tbls Wylers chicken-flavor instant bouillon or 3 chicken-flavor
Bouillon cubes
8 oz Borden sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz can chopped green chilies, drained
1 teaspoon ground cumin
10 (8 inch) flour tortillas

**NOTE** I only included the brand names 'cause the cookbook does :)
And if I remember right I use more cheese and sour cream than the recipe
calls for

Preheat oven to 350F. In medium saucepan, cook and stir onions in
butter until tender. Stir in flour, then water and bouillon; cook and
stir until thickened and bouillon is dissolved. Remove from heat; add
sour cream.

In large bowl, combine 2 cups sauce, chicken, 1 cup cheese, chilies and
cumin. Soften tortillas according to package directions. Place equal
portions of chicken mixture on tortillas; roll up. Arrange, seam side
down, in greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and 1
cup of cheese. Cover; bake 25 minutes or until hot. Garnish as
desired. Refrigerate leftovers.

Makes 6-8 servings (not really LOL)

Roberta (in VA)

"Roberta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Well I finally broke down and dug through stacks of boxes to find my
> cookbook (It's called "Favorite Brand Name Best-loved Recipes of all
> time" --- the title is ridiculous I know lol)

Thanks!! I asked. Looks great, I printed it and I'll make
it soon. Appreciate it.

nancy