Chicken enchilada rec. I promised to post :)

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Roberta, Jan 16, 2006.

  1. Roberta

    Roberta Guest

    Well I finally broke down and dug through stacks of boxes to find my
    cookbook (It's called "Favorite Brand Name Best-loved Recipes of all
    time" --- the title is ridiculous I know lol)

    I am making this this weekend and I CAN'T WAIT! :)

    Chicken Enchiladas
    ------------------

    4 Cups finely chopped cooked chicken
    1 Cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup butter
    1/4 cup flour
    2 1/2 Cups hot water
    1 tbls Wylers chicken-flavor instant bouillon or 3 chicken-flavor
    Bouillon cubes
    8 oz Borden sour cream
    2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    4 oz can chopped green chilies, drained
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    10 (8 inch) flour tortillas

    **NOTE** I only included the brand names 'cause the cookbook does :)
    And if I remember right I use more cheese and sour cream than the recipe
    calls for

    Preheat oven to 350F. In medium saucepan, cook and stir onions in
    butter until tender. Stir in flour, then water and bouillon; cook and
    stir until thickened and bouillon is dissolved. Remove from heat; add
    sour cream.

    In large bowl, combine 2 cups sauce, chicken, 1 cup cheese, chilies and
    cumin. Soften tortillas according to package directions. Place equal
    portions of chicken mixture on tortillas; roll up. Arrange, seam side
    down, in greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and 1
    cup of cheese. Cover; bake 25 minutes or until hot. Garnish as
    desired. Refrigerate leftovers.

    Makes 6-8 servings (not really LOL)

    Roberta (in VA)

    Tags:

  2. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    "Roberta" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Well I finally broke down and dug through stacks of boxes to find my
    > cookbook (It's called "Favorite Brand Name Best-loved Recipes of all
    > time" --- the title is ridiculous I know lol)

    Thanks!! I asked. Looks great, I printed it and I'll make
    it soon. Appreciate it.

    nancy