Chicken soup

Kakashi

Feb 3, 2018
Have you ever wondered why old folks always say that if you're feeling tired and drained of energy or if you're not feeling well to.eat a bowl of chicken soup? It's because home made chicken broth from the bones, meat and feet of chickens are packed with nutrients that fights and prevents infections, heals joint pains, inflammation, helps bone growth, repair and helps in promoting healthy skin, hair and nails. It's also cheap and easy to make and is a good replacement for supplements.

Just the other night, I saw in the food channel how they make chicken broth in Indonesia. They boil the chicken in slow fire for 12 hours. The broth is harvested and directly placed in plastic packets for delivery to the store. The program host said that the chicken broth is eaten as it is as he did a demo by sipping the soup with a spoon. Aside from the delicious taste, the chicken broth has lots of vitamins that can strengthen the immunity of our body.

I recently learned about the trend where people are drinking bone broth, and I was surprised to find out all the potential benefits. I found it particularly surprising because in my culture, we exclusively make soups using homemade bone broth.

It is a ritual of ours, to eat bone broth soup before our afternoon meal on Sundays. We only ever make soup using bouillon cubes when we’re feeling particularly lazy. Who knew, I was keeping up with the latest trends and didn’t even know it!

It is nutritious and tastes really good, but the main reason it's popular is because of how easy it is to prepare and economical as well and does help alleviate symptoms of a disease.

I love chicken soup with vegetables and sometimes just chili and pepper is enough for me. We used to have that since we have a food business and if I'm not the mood to drink coffee in the morning chicken soup is my second choice.