Chicken Tequila Fettuccine

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Van, Apr 16, 2004.

  1. Van

    Van Guest

    Always looking for new recipes/tastes for dinner, I
    downloaded the recipe below a few weeks ago & decided to try
    it last night.

    Wow. Really, really good! (Probably because I didn't f*ck
    with the recipe, but followed it exactly, with no
    substitutions). Picky wife who "wasn't really hungry" even
    went back for more.

    Just thought I'd share. For me, this is a keeper. Give it a
    try.

    Van

    ----------------
    -----------------

    CHICKEN TEQUILA FETTUCCINE

    Yield: 6 servings Source: National Pasta Association

    INGREDIENTS

    - 1 pound spinach Fettuccine, uncooked
    - 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    - 2 tbsp. minced garlic
    - 2 tbsp. minced jalapeƱo pepper
    - 3 tbsp. unsalted butter or margarine
    - 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
    - 2 tbsp. gold tequila
    - 2 tbsp. lime juice
    - 3 tbsp. soy sauce
    - 1-1/4 pounds chicken breast, diced 3/4-inch
    - 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
    - 1/2 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
    - 1/2 medium yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
    - 1/2 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
    - 1-1/2 cups heavy cream

    DIRECTIONS

    Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.

    Saute cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 tbsp. butter over
    medium heat for 4-5 minutes. Add chicken broth, tequila and
    lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until
    reduced to a paste-like consistency. Set aside.

    Pour soy sauce over diced chicken. Marinate for 5 minutes.
    Meanwhile, cook onion and peppers, stirring occasionally,
    with remaining butter over medium heat until wilted. Add
    chicken and soy sauce; toss and add reserved tequila/lime
    paste and cream. Bring to a boil, until chicken is cooked
    through, about 3 minutes.

    Toss with hot pasta and serve immediately.

    Tags:

  2. Kilikini

    Kilikini Guest

    "Van" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    > Always looking for new recipes/tastes for dinner, I
    > downloaded the recipe below a few weeks ago & decided to
    > try it last night.
    >
    > Wow. Really, really good! (Probably because I didn't f*ck
    > with the
    recipe,
    > but followed it exactly, with no substitutions). Picky
    > wife who "wasn't really hungry" even went back for more.
    >
    > Just thought I'd share. For me, this is a keeper. Give
    > it a try.
    >
    > Van

    (recipe snipped)

    Wow, Van, that does sound good. Simple too, but time
    consuming on the veggies (which is fine).

    Thanks for the idea.

    kili