Child Bike Trailers -- need advice

jgirl

Jun 28, 2004
I am looking at bike trailers for our 4 and 2 year old. While my son can ride a tag along when my husband rides too, I can't pull both a tag along and the trailer....
I'm in the market for a new trailer and am currently using a pretty heavy basic trailer that has seen its better days.
My problem is this:
I've looked at the Burley's, but the leg room is not very big for my son who is kinda tall and his knees are in his face.
I've also seen the Trek and Instep trailers and the Trek trailers but the width of the interior seems a little tight for two kids. Plus, I would still like a little storage for a few groceries, drinks and diapers.

Can anyone give me advice on Wike or Yakima trailers -- they seem pretty roomy and lightweight and the Wike trailers are quite a bit different than the usual. I'm wondering about durabilty of the base as well?

:D

Originally posted by jgirl
I am looking at bike trailers for our 4 and 2 year old. While my son can ride a tag along when my husband rides too, I can't pull both a tag along and the trailer....
I'm in the market for a new trailer and am currently using a pretty heavy basic trailer that has seen its better days.
My problem is this:
I've looked at the Burley's, but the leg room is not very big for my son who is kinda tall and his knees are in his face.
I've also seen the Trek and Instep trailers and the Trek trailers but the width of the interior seems a little tight for two kids. Plus, I would still like a little storage for a few groceries, drinks and diapers.

Can anyone give me advice on Wike or Yakima trailers -- they seem pretty roomy and lightweight and the Wike trailers are quite a bit different than the usual. I'm wondering about durabilty of the base as well?

:D

I'm about 5'6", 30" inseam...my son, who is 2 1/2, comes to my waist...I tow him around in a '03 Trek CC Ryder..it's not to small for him...

How tall is your son??