child molesters

el Ingles

Oct 3, 2003
as , according to the experts , each child molester has an average of 197 victims before being caught ( a university student of about 24 was recently arrested and admitted to raping more than a 100 children ( babies???? ) then it has always seemed unlikely that Michael Jackson was guilty because this is a serial behavior thing : you find what you like then do it again and again , like all sexual behavior , so that if the accusations were true then there would have been literally hundreds of victims coming out of the woodwork - see the catholic church scandals .
Jackson is weird , but we´ve known that for decades but he is not a pederast on the evidence we´ve seen up to now , and I don´t think we´ll see more evidence as the years pass .

"according to the experts , each child molester has an average of 197 victims before being caught ( a university student of about 24 was recently arrested and admitted to raping more than a 100 children ( babies???? )"

Your 'experts' are off by about x10. There are about 100 registered child molester in a three county area around Atlanta, Ga. With your experts figures, there would be 197,000 victims.
The figure is probably closer to 19.7 victims. Nevertheless, your point about their continuing what makes them feel good is true.
But, thanks to outstanding organizations like ACLU and Amnesty International, we cannot keep these citizens in prisons, or hospitals forever. They must be allowed to serve their time, get released, and then continue to do what makes them feel good. Isn't that right, Jessica Lunsford? Well, isn't it? Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot....you were raped and buried alive by a 'reformed pervert."

As far as Michael Jackson is concerned...Put his parents in jail for screwing him up (or for knowing he was becoming this screwed up) And, in the next cell, put any parents that would allow their child to spend the night with Michael Jackson.

el Inglés said:
as , according to the experts , each child molester has an average of 197 victims before being caught ( a university student of about 24 was recently arrested and admitted to raping more than a 100 children ( babies???? ) then it has always seemed unlikely that Michael Jackson was guilty because this is a serial behavior thing : you find what you like then do it again and again , like all sexual behavior , so that if the accusations were true then there would have been literally hundreds of victims coming out of the woodwork - see the catholic church scandals .
Jackson is weird , but we´ve known that for decades but he is not a pederast on the evidence we´ve seen up to now , and I don´t think we´ll see more evidence as the years pass .

The statistic that is missing is how many of these case go unreported.The estimates of these unreported cases vary in magnitude of number depending on which expert is doing the estimating but all agree that they exist.
Thats pretty scary when you consider the possibilities.

any child molester no matter how many times should get the death penalty. they are sick in the head. enough said!

NYY2183 said:
any child molester no matter how many times should get the death penalty. they are sick in the head. enough said!

Idiots that make statements like the one above should get the death sentence! As for your statistics...give me a break. The vast majority of child abuse is NOT done by strangers, its done buy relatives and friends of the victim. To say that the average child molester abuses 197 children before being caught is ridiculous. People who abuse children are created, in most part by their own abuse, they are sick and require alot of work to reintegrate back into society. These pathetic morons that throw massive tantrums when they here a released child abuser may move into their neighborhood (probably because they dont want the competition for the little girls) or make stupid statements like they should all be killed contribute vastly to the re-offense rate!

Fixey said:
Idiots that make statements like the one above should get the death sentence! As for your statistics...give me a break. The vast majority of child abuse is NOT done by strangers, its done buy relatives and friends of the victim. To say that the average child molester abuses 197 children before being caught is ridiculous. People who abuse children are created, in most part by their own abuse, they are sick and require alot of work to reintegrate back into society. These pathetic morons that throw massive tantrums when they here a released child abuser may move into their neighborhood (probably because they dont want the competition for the little girls) or make stupid statements like they should all be killed contribute vastly to the re-offense rate!
You wouldn't be saying that if it happened to your child.

Fixey said:

You're obviously not a parent.

There's a reason that child molesters have a tough time surviving in prison.

rule62 said:
There's a reason that child molesters have a tough time surviving in prison.

The only thing worse than a child molester is a.......... hell there is nothing worse.

Fixey said:
"...they are sick and require alot of work to reintegrate back into society."
Speaking of stupid statements, please tell me how someone's "stupid statements like they should all be killed" contributes vastly to the re-offense rate? You think that it is someone else's fault that these people commit these crimes. You think that someone must be blamed...just not the one committing the crime.
It is dangerous, naive, thinking like this that contributes to the extremely high recidivism amongst child molesters.
I have found that many people who think like this have spent most of their 'adult' life in college (I too am a college grad) and not in the real world.

TrekDedicated said:
You wouldn't be saying that if it happened to your child.

lumpy said:
You're obviously not a parent.

But someone with a child is likely to be much more emotionally involved when a topic like this one arises, and hence less able to discuss and analyse it using only strict logic and reason, which is the only way for complicated organisations like a justice system to operate effectively.

Child abuse is definitely a very very bad thing and if I were a parent I would surely feel more strongly about it than I currently do (and as I point out above, that is probably not a good thing). But I find it bizarre that child abusers are loathed so much more than, for example, murderers, rapists and drunk drivers, all of whom, it can easily be argued, are just as (or more) harmful to society and to their victims.

mjw_byrne said:
But someone with a child is likely to be much more emotionally involved when a topic like this one arises, and hence less able to discuss and analyse it using only strict logic and reason, .
someone without a child cannot possibly understand fully the emotional hell that a parent would go through if the situation arises and doesnt know what they are talking about.

its not about logic or reason, if it were then there would be no child molestors.

if i found myself in the situation, the molestor would have to be in prison, its the only place he would be safe from me...i would hunt him/her down and kill them...this isnt logical or reasonable either.

mjw_byrne said:
But someone with a child is likely to be much more emotionally involved when a topic like this one arises, and hence less able to discuss and analyse it using only strict logic and reason, which is the only way for complicated organisations like a justice system to operate effectively.

Child abuse is definitely a very very bad thing and if I were a parent I would surely feel more strongly about it than I currently do (and as I point out above, that is probably not a good thing). But I find it bizarre that child abusers are loathed so much more than, for example, murderers, rapists and drunk drivers, all of whom, it can easily be argued, are just as (or more) harmful to society and to their victims.

I, and I am sure many others here will take that argument. Most murderers commit one crime,usually in the heat of emotion,and it's over never to be repeated.
As far as rapists,child molesters are rapists of the lowest form.
Child molesting is an ongoing pattern that is usually repeated over and over.
Drunk driving is bad ,but each time a drunk driver takes the wheel they increase the risk of causing harm. Each time a child molester strikes ,they cause tremendous harm.Every time!
Children are helpless unknowing creatures for the most part and as you get older you will appreciate this fact more.

if i found myself in the situation, the molestor would have to be in prison, its the only place he would be safe from me...i would hunt him/her down and kill them...this isnt logical or reasonable either.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but very slowly but painstaking precision.

jhuskey said:
I, and I am sure many others here will take that argument. Most murderers commit one crime,usually in the heat of emotion,and it's over never to be repeated.
As far as rapists,child molesters are rapists of the lowest form.
Child molesting is an ongoing pattern that is usually repeated over and over.
Drunk driving is bad ,but each time a drunk driver takes the wheel they increase the risk of causing harm. Each time a child molester strikes ,they cause tremendous harm.Every time!
Children are helpless unknowing creatures for the most part and as you get older you will appreciate this fact more.

All this is true, of course. But if I was married with kids and I was presented with two scenarios, one in which one of my kids was molested, and another in which my wife was murdered, I would think overall the most harm is done in the second case. Someone who has been molested as a child at least has a chance of recovering and leading a normal life, but if a murderer or drunk driver kills a mother or a father or for that matter any relative, that is guaranteed to cause irreparable damage and really wreck people's lives (not to mention the victim, who loses their life altogether). Obviously it depends on circumstance but I just think that in general, it is odd that people have SO much more abhorrence for child molesters than for the other types of criminal I mentioned.

MountainPro said:
someone without a child cannot possibly understand fully the emotional hell that a parent would go through if the situation arises and doesnt know what they are talking about.

Wallowing in righteous anger is oh-so-satisfying, but it achieves absolutely nothing. The fact that society condones your lynch-mob style "hunt them down and kill them" attitude doesn't make it any less backward.

mjw_byrne said:
Wallowing in righteous anger is oh-so-satisfying, but it achieves absolutely nothing. The fact that society condones your lynch-mob style "hunt them down and kill them" attitude doesn't make it any less backward.

Society condones that attitude because it understands the gravity of the offense. The scars from abuse last a lifetime and have far reaching consequences. The abhorrence is justified because children can't protect themselves. Any person who inflicts such trauma ruins lives. When you're 6 years old, you don't have the ability to cope and usually blame yourself for what happened - not the molester.

You may not like the "hunt them down and kill them attitude" but it's hardwired in humans to protect their children. It may be backward, but it's the way it is. Have kids and you'll see.

lumpy said:
Society condones that attitude because it understands the gravity of the offense.
Society also by and large condoned the stupid illegal war of profit on Iraq. What society does and does not condone has bugger all to do with what is right and wrong.
lumpy said:
The scars from abuse last a lifetime and have far reaching consequences. The abhorrence is justified because children can't protect themselves. Any person who inflicts such trauma ruins lives.
All this is true of a victim of a drunk driver - they can easily be scarred for lifetime (or maimed, paralysed or killed of course), no-one can protect themselves against a 4x4 doing 60mph and again, anyone who inflicts such trauma ruins lives.
lumpy said:
You may not like the "hunt them down and kill them attitude" but it's hardwired in humans to protect their children. It may be backward, but it's the way it is. Have kids and you'll see.
Yes, and the "I must have sex with her right now" attitude is hardwired into most guys, by the same evolutionary process that makes us want to protect our kids - but guess what, giving in to the urge and raping someone is a BAD thing. Civilised people restrain their animal instincts, and this applies equally to sex and to violence.

mjw_byrne said:
Civilised people restrain their animal instincts, and this applies equally to sex and to violence.

Who said we are civilized? Where in this world of ours do you find civilized people?

mjw_byrne said:
But I find it bizarre that child abusers are loathed so much more than, for example, murderers, rapists and drunk drivers, all of whom, it can easily be argued, are just as (or more) harmful to society and to their victims.

I understand you find it bizarre. It has to do with the innocence of a child.

Regardless, they are loathed much more by society. Perhaps the question you should ask yourself is why you aren't horrified by them like the rest of society?

And I'm curious why you seem to downplay child molestation? In most peoples minds, child molestation is not in the same league as murderers, rapists and drunk drivers - it's much worse. What makes you different?

mjw-byrne,
With due respect, you're arguing this from a logical perspective & this is an emotional reaction parents are having. Unfortunately, a person without a child can not understand the protectiveness all parents feel towards children.

My husband had kids from previous relationship & couldn't watch TV shows involving kids being hurt, medical shows for example. I didn't understand his depth of feelings until I had our son.

The only way I can describe the parent/child bond is by saying it's a complete, unconditional love for a creature (child) who has blind faith in you. My son's 5 & perhaps that'll change but for now it stands.

I'll close by repeating something I heard, "A child never knows how much their parent's love them until he/she has had a child themselves."