child trailers

spin4fun

Jan 23, 2003
I am looking to buy a child trailer in the next month. Most of my riding will be gravel roads or trails on a mtb or cross bike. I have only one child (1yr old son). I have been looking at the Burley Solo, Wike Supreme, Trek Transit, and Yakima Totrod or Caddyyak. My main concerns will be safety, nimbleness(some of trails are singletrack), and durability. Any information would be helpful. Also did Bob ever make child trailers?? I always assumed they did, but everything on their site is just cargo.

Thanks

Sam

I recently was looking for a trailer also.....ended up with a Burley(not sure what model, bought it used). Had it about 2 months now and love it. Also did some surfing at the time and found a story about a Burley that was hit by a car and the kids were fine....sorry I do not know about the other models mentioned.

I have a trek. My kid loved it. You will just have to get use to extra 30+ lbs. By the way, I don't need mine anymore.
Dave

We recently purchased a Cougar1 trailer by Chariot (www.chariotcarriers.com) at REI. We (especially our son) love it. It's well thought out, relatively narrow in profile , packs well, and is nimble on the road. I don't mind pulling this one around at all, makes for a great training ride.

Dave

Originally posted by spin4fun
I am looking to buy a child trailer in the next month. Most of my riding will be gravel roads or trails on a mtb or cross bike. I have only one child (1yr old son). I have been looking at the Burley Solo, Wike Supreme, Trek Transit, and Yakima Totrod or Caddyyak. My main concerns will be safety, nimbleness(some of trails are singletrack), and durability. Any information would be helpful. Also did Bob ever make child trailers?? I always assumed they did, but everything on their site is just cargo.

Thanks

Sam