CHILDREN 27-TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DEVELOP AUTISM WITH EXPOSURE TO MERCURY-CONTAINING VACCINES, FINDIN

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Anth, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Anth

    Anth Guest

    (from Bolen Report)

    http://www.nationalautismassociation.org/pdf/release020904.pdf

    CHILDREN 27-TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DEVELOP AUTISM WITH EXPOSURE TO MERCURY-CONTAINING VACCINES,
    FINDINGS REVIEWED AT TODAY'S IOM MEETING IN
    DC...

    Washington, Today, the Institute of Medicine will hold a one-day meeting to review important new
    research on the link between thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative in vaccines, and
    neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism. One of the larger studies under review comes from the
    CDC own Vaccine Safety Datalink. Under independent investigation, CDCs data concludes children are
    27-times more likely to develop autism after exposure to three thimerosal-containing vaccines
    (TCVs), than those who receive thimerosal-free versions. The findings are not only disturbing to
    government officials like U.S. Rep. Dave Weldon, M.D. (R-FL), who is also scheduled to speak before
    the IOM panel, they suggest autism via TCVs has a higher relative risk than that between lung cancer
    and smoking...

    Anth

    Tags:

  2. Hcn

    Hcn Guest

    "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > (from Bolen Report)
    >
    > http://www.nationalautismassociation.org/pdf/release020904.pdf
    >
    > CHILDREN 27-TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DEVELOP AUTISM WITH EXPOSURE TO MERCURY-CONTAINING VACCINES,
    > FINDINGS REVIEWED AT TODAY'S IOM MEETING IN
    > DC...

    ... This is old news, it has been posted a couple times .... the slides for the presentations are
    available here: http://www.iom.edu/subpage.asp?id=18065

    If you go through them, you will find that only the Geier slides claim any association, and here
    is a comment on their previous reports: http://www.cispimmunize.org/pro/doc/Geiersummary.doc and:
    http://www.aap.org/profed/thimaut-may03.htm

  3. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Anth <[email protected]> wrote:
    >(from Bolen Report)

    That *alone* should set off alarm bells.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net These are my opinions only, but they're almost always
    correct. "If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my
    shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  4. Ilsa9

    Ilsa9 Guest

    >In article <[email protected]>,
    >Anth <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>(from Bolen Report)
    >
    >That *alone* should set off alarm bells.

    Its the MHA equivalent of the KOTH "Gribble Report".

    > -- David Wright :

  5. Anth

    Anth Guest

    So what does this mean then - does mercury actually increase the risk of autism by 27 times or not?
    Is it unknown/debatable or wrong right ? (I see a lot of arguments about mercury in vaccines) Anth

    "HCN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...

    > "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > (from Bolen Report)
    > >
    > > http://www.nationalautismassociation.org/pdf/release020904.pdf
    > >
    > > CHILDREN 27-TIMES MORE LIKELY TO DEVELOP AUTISM WITH EXPOSURE TO MERCURY-CONTAINING VACCINES,
    > > FINDINGS REVIEWED AT TODAY'S IOM MEETING IN
    > > DC...
    > >
    > ... This is old news, it has been posted a couple times .... the slides for
    the
    > presentations are available here: http://www.iom.edu/subpage.asp?id=18065
    >
    > If you go through them, you will find that only the Geier slides claim any association, and here
    > is a comment on their previous reports: http://www.cispimmunize.org/pro/doc/Geiersummary.doc and:
    > http://www.aap.org/profed/thimaut-may03.htm

  6. Hcn

    Hcn Guest

    "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So what does this mean then - does mercury actually increase the risk of autism by 27 times or
    > not? Is it unknown/debatable or wrong right ? (I see a lot of arguments about mercury in
    > vaccines) Anth

    No. Read the slides of ALL the presentations that are available for download at the Institute of
    Medicine Events website... then wait for the full report from the conference which will be out in
    about 6 months.

  7. "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > So what does this mean then - does mercury actually increase the risk of autism by 27 times or
    > not? Is it unknown/debatable or wrong right ? (I see a lot of arguments about mercury in vaccines)

    If you re-read the original article, you will see that autistic kids clear much mercury in their
    urine than non-autistic kids. Logically, they should have less mercury in thei rbodies....

    Now, think about it....

    If autistic kids get the same series of shots that non-autistic kids do, and they clear more mercury
    in their urine than non-autistic kids do, then is it not logical to at least infer that mercury in
    vaccines may actuall protect the child from developing autism?

  8. Anth

    Anth Guest

    "Mark Probert-February 28, 2004" <Mark [email protected]>

    > "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > So what does this mean then - does mercury actually increase the risk of autism by 27 times or
    > > not? Is it unknown/debatable or wrong right ? (I see a lot of arguments about mercury in
    > > vaccines)
    >
    > If you re-read the original article, you will see that autistic kids clear much mercury in their
    > urine than non-autistic kids. Logically, they should have less mercury in thei rbodies....
    >
    > Now, think about it....
    >
    > If autistic kids get the same series of shots that non-autistic kids do,
    and
    > they clear more mercury in their urine than non-autistic kids do, then is
    it
    > not logical to at least infer that mercury in vaccines may actuall protect the child from
    > developing autism?

    I do see your point clear as day, but what about other factors such as pre vaccination levels of
    mercury? As I recall mercury stays in the CNS, it doesn't come out unless you pull it out using
    something that will bind to it. So in which case, high urine levels of mercury just means that those
    kids have more mercury in their systems, which would also mean more mercury locked up in their CNS?
    Do female dentists have higher levels of autistic children than non dentists? Anth

  9. "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Mark Probert-February 28, 2004" <Mark [email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "Anth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > So what does this mean then - does mercury actually increase the risk
    of
    > > > autism by 27 times or not? Is it unknown/debatable or wrong right ? (I see a lot of arguments
    > > > about mercury in vaccines)
    > >
    > > If you re-read the original article, you will see that autistic kids
    clear
    > > much mercury in their urine than non-autistic kids. Logically, they
    should
    > > have less mercury in thei rbodies....
    > >
    > > Now, think about it....
    > >
    > > If autistic kids get the same series of shots that non-autistic kids do,
    > and
    > > they clear more mercury in their urine than non-autistic kids do, then
    is
    > it
    > > not logical to at least infer that mercury in vaccines may actuall
    protect
    > > the child from developing autism?
    >
    > I do see your point clear as day, but what about other factors such as pre vaccination levels of
    > mercury?

    That can vary...however, it does not defeat the point I made.

    > As I recall mercury stays in the CNS, it doesn't come out unless you pull
    it
    > out using something that will bind to it.

    Not true.

    > So in which case, high urine levels of mercury just means that those kids have more mercury in
    > their systems, which would also mean more mercury locked up in their CNS?

    See above.

    > Do female dentists have higher levels of autistic children than non dentists?

    Unknown. I looked at medline and found nothing.