Children 'harmed' by vegan diets

Luna wrote:
> In article <1109717140.ee17861d0a1b6b108e80b130dbf0d5c1@teranews>,
> Xtile <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Renegade5 wrote:

>>>You're right... better to go with the recommendations of The Atkins
>>>Corperation... er... I mean Foundation <tm> :)
>>>

>>Of course with Atkins, you need not buy a single thing from his company
>>to do atkins. Between the website and newsgroup you can do LC no
>>problemo, unlike most other diets.

> That's bull. You can do most diets for free. Even if you need to read
> a book to do it, there are libraries. And any diet which requires the
> purchase of supplements or diet pills isn't worth doing anyway.

True, i stand corrected, please forgive me.

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 03:50:05 GMT, "JC Der Koenig"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Do you read and do research using the 'superslow' protocol also?

Yep, that was me in MFW. I generally read as much as I can, and try
to stay as current as possible, on both nutrition and exercise.

Just a casual interest though for general health, fitness and long
life (I'm defenitey not a gym rat or 'hard body').

For me, the top reads for nutrition are Atkins (very unfortunate
loss), Sears (Zone - mad scientist), Agatson (South Beach), Willett
(Harvard Epidemology), Katz (Yale), Weil (Naturalpath), Brand-Miller
(U of Sydney), Jenkins, Wolever, Watford, Null, etc.

For exercise, I tend more toward the 'unconvential' but think some of
the top reads (at least for me) are: Pavel Tsatsoline (functional
strength), Ken Hutchinson (SuperSlow protocol), Bruce Lee (a great
experimentor in exercise), John Peterson/Charles Atlas/Stew Smith
(body weight/navy seals exercises), Paul Chek (exercise physiology),
Arnold :), Mejia, Schuler, the monthly rags, and lurking in MFW...

OK - fire away... ask me if I use a Bowflex or electronic ab
stimulator or something.... :)

Luna wrote:
> In article <1109765314.d52aa30babad05bf6ea5ef5474552882@teranews>,
> Xtile <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Luna wrote:

>>>That's bull. You can do most diets for free. Even if you need to read
>>>a book to do it, there are libraries. And any diet which requires the
>>>purchase of supplements or diet pills isn't worth doing anyway.

>>True, i stand corrected, please forgive me.

> You don't need forgiveness. You didn't do anything immoral or
> unethical, you just made a mistake. Notice my statement was about the
> words you wrote, not about you as a person.

Thank you, oh thank you. You are a very kind person.

I'd rather that you kept your skeletons in the closet.

--
Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

news:[email protected]...