Children 'harmed' by vegan diets

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by none90810, Feb 21, 2005.

  1. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Luna wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Xtile <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Renegade5 wrote:

    >>>You're right... better to go with the recommendations of The Atkins
    >>>Corperation... er... I mean Foundation <tm> :)
    >>>

    >>Of course with Atkins, you need not buy a single thing from his company
    >>to do atkins. Between the website and newsgroup you can do LC no
    >>problemo, unlike most other diets.

    > That's bull. You can do most diets for free. Even if you need to read
    > a book to do it, there are libraries. And any diet which requires the
    > purchase of supplements or diet pills isn't worth doing anyway.

    True, i stand corrected, please forgive me.

  2. Renegade5

    Renegade5 Guest

    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 03:50:05 GMT, "JC Der Koenig"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Do you read and do research using the 'superslow' protocol also?

    Yep, that was me in MFW. I generally read as much as I can, and try
    to stay as current as possible, on both nutrition and exercise.

    Just a casual interest though for general health, fitness and long
    life (I'm defenitey not a gym rat or 'hard body').

    For me, the top reads for nutrition are Atkins (very unfortunate
    loss), Sears (Zone - mad scientist), Agatson (South Beach), Willett
    (Harvard Epidemology), Katz (Yale), Weil (Naturalpath), Brand-Miller
    (U of Sydney), Jenkins, Wolever, Watford, Null, etc.

    For exercise, I tend more toward the 'unconvential' but think some of
    the top reads (at least for me) are: Pavel Tsatsoline (functional
    strength), Ken Hutchinson (SuperSlow protocol), Bruce Lee (a great
    experimentor in exercise), John Peterson/Charles Atlas/Stew Smith
    (body weight/navy seals exercises), Paul Chek (exercise physiology),
    Arnold :), Mejia, Schuler, the monthly rags, and lurking in MFW...

    OK - fire away... ask me if I use a Bowflex or electronic ab
    stimulator or something.... :)

  3. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Luna wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Xtile <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Luna wrote:

    >>>That's bull. You can do most diets for free. Even if you need to read
    >>>a book to do it, there are libraries. And any diet which requires the
    >>>purchase of supplements or diet pills isn't worth doing anyway.

    >>True, i stand corrected, please forgive me.

    > You don't need forgiveness. You didn't do anything immoral or
    > unethical, you just made a mistake. Notice my statement was about the
    > words you wrote, not about you as a person.

    Thank you, oh thank you. You are a very kind person.

  4. I'd rather that you kept your skeletons in the closet.

    --
    Most people are dumb as bricks; some people are dumber than that. -- MFW

    news:[email protected]