Children put cycling over football

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Sierraman, Sep 3, 2004.

  1. Sonarrat

    Sonarrat Guest

  2. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

  3. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

  4. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:BD5E9907.90C4%[email protected]
    >> in article [email protected], Sierraman at

    >[email protected]
    >> wrote on 9/3/04 9:21 PM:
    >>
    >> > Children put cycling over football
    >> >
    >> > http://tinyurl.com/4u29n
    >> >

    >http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/PA_NEWSPORTCyclingsat02cyclingp?sour
    >> > ce=

    >> I guess nobody told them about David Millar - and all the better...
    >>
    >> -Sonarrat.

    >They're looking at Hoy, not Millar.

    Hoy??????
    But he's to cycling what a weightlifter is to athletics.
    I mean, I like track as anyone and I think track it is as good a form of
    cycling as road or mtb is, but only the real track cycling, ie the 6 days
    stuff, pursuit, madisons, stayers and all the forms of point races one can
    think about.
    But those track sprinters are people that in fact do most part of their
    training in a gym. Theirs is an almost completely anaerobic effort, while
    real cycling - any race over 2 Kms in lenght - is an eminently aerobic
    sport.

    If those albionic kids have Hoy as their hero they won't end up cycling all
    day, but press squatting a few 100 kgs instead.

  5. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Davide Tosi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Sierraman" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >"Sonarrat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >news:BD5E9907.90C4%[email protected]
    > >> in article [email protected], Sierraman at

    > >[email protected]

    >http://www.thisislondon.com/news/articles/PA_NEWSPORTCyclingsat02cyclingp?s

    our

    > >> I guess nobody told them about David Millar - and all the better...
    > >>
    > >> -Sonarrat.

    > >They're looking at Hoy, not Millar.

    > Hoy??????
    > But he's to cycling what a weightlifter is to athletics.
    > I mean, I like track as anyone and I think track it is as good a form of
    > cycling as road or mtb is, but only the real track cycling, ie the 6 days
    > stuff, pursuit, madisons, stayers and all the forms of point races one can
    > think about.
    > But those track sprinters are people that in fact do most part of their
    > training in a gym. Theirs is an almost completely anaerobic effort, while
    > real cycling - any race over 2 Kms in lenght - is an eminently aerobic
    > sport.
    >
    > If those albionic kids have Hoy as their hero they won't end up cycling

    all
    > day, but press squatting a few 100 kgs instead.

    They are children, looking at Hoy in a general sense. They don't dissect the
    sport into segments like the elite at that age usually, except for a few
    maybe but are looking at Hoy's gold and that has rallied them to the cause.
    It's a good thing if Hoy has inspired kids to take up cycling in any form.

  6. smiles

    smiles Guest