children who tell lies

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Kathy Springer, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

    Tags:

  2. Mark Thorson

    Mark Thorson Guest

    kathy springer wrote:

    > Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

    Take away their license to operate a daycare center?

  3. Tsu Dho Nimh

    Tsu Dho Nimh Guest

    "kathy springer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

    How old, and what do you define as a "pathological lying problem"?

    Tsu Dho Nimh

    --
    When businesses invoke the "protection of consumers," it's a lot like politicians invoking morality
    and children - grab your wallet and/or your kid and run for your life.

  4. Rich Andrews

    Rich Andrews Guest

    "kathy springer" <[email protected]> wrote in news:c1111m$616jr$1
    @hades.csu.net:

    > Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

    You say the problem is the lying of the child, but the lying is just a manifestation of a different
    and likely more obscure problem. To make the issue even more difficult, the real problem is one that
    is likely brought on by the actions/inactions of the adults taking care of the child.

    Look not at the child, but at the actions of those around him. The child is just defending itself.

  5. Rich Andrews

    Rich Andrews Guest

    "kathy springer" <[email protected]> wrote in news:c1111m$616jr$1
    @hades.csu.net:

    > Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

    Of course my previous message outline but one possible answer, and while it is not the only answer,
    it is the most likely given the average demographics of the populace with children.

  6. Ilsa9

    Ilsa9 Guest

    >Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

    I can say with great certainty that the parents of Debbee Adams, Jan Drew, Charles Edwards
    (DrCeePhd), and Rod-Munch did not either.

    This is not a question for an alt-health forum, try one dealing with children and/or psychology.

  7. Anth

    Anth Guest

  8. No Way

    No Way Guest

    kathy springer <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

    It starts with the parents and their influence ;)

  9. As an attorney, who deals with child abuse on a weekly basis, I would be very concerned about a
    child, whom you have labelled as having a pathological lying problem.

    Could be that you do not wish to believe what the child is saying.

    Could be that you do not wish for others to believe what the child is saying.

    Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) to you.

    Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) about you.

    Either way, I would take the child to a licensed counselor, who specializes in children, and
    determine where the problem lies.

    If you cannot afford a counselor, contact the local child protective state agency.

    Act quickly.

    j.

    kathy springer wrote:
    > Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

  10. Rich Andrews

    Rich Andrews Guest

    Say not the Struggle nought Availeth <[email protected]> wrote in news:C%
    [email protected]:

    > As an attorney, who deals with child abuse on a weekly basis, I would be very concerned about a
    > child, whom you have labelled as having a pathological lying problem.
    >
    > Could be that you do not wish to believe what the child is saying.
    >
    > Could be that you do not wish for others to believe what the child is saying.
    >
    > Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) to you.
    >
    > Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) about you.
    >
    > Either way, I would take the child to a licensed counselor, who specializes in children, and
    > determine where the problem lies.
    >
    > If you cannot afford a counselor, contact the local child protective state agency.
    >
    > Act quickly.
    >
    > j.

    Different words, same conclusion.

  11. Rich Andrews wrote:
    > Say not the Struggle nought Availeth <[email protected]> wrote in news:C%
    > [email protected]:
    >

    >>As an attorney, who deals with child abuse on a weekly basis, I would be very concerned about a
    >>child, whom you have labelled as having a pathological lying problem.
    >>
    >>Could be that you do not wish to believe what the child is saying.
    >>
    >>Could be that you do not wish for others to believe what the child is saying.
    >>
    >>Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) to you.
    >>
    >>Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) about you.
    >>
    >>Either way, I would take the child to a licensed counselor, who specializes in children, and
    >>determine where the problem lies.
    >>
    >>If you cannot afford a counselor, contact the local child protective state agency.
    >>
    >>Act quickly.
    >>
    >>j.
    >>

    > Different words, same conclusion.

    sometimes repetition is necessary, albeit redundant.

    j.