children who tell lies

Kathy Springer

Guest
Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

kathy springer wrote:

> Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

Take away their license to operate a daycare center?

"kathy springer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

How old, and what do you define as a "pathological lying problem"?

Tsu Dho Nimh

--
When businesses invoke the "protection of consumers," it's a lot like politicians invoking morality
and children - grab your wallet and/or your kid and run for your life.

"kathy springer" <[email protected]> wrote in news:c1111m$616jr$1
@hades.csu.net:

> Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

You say the problem is the lying of the child, but the lying is just a manifestation of a different
and likely more obscure problem. To make the issue even more difficult, the real problem is one that
is likely brought on by the actions/inactions of the adults taking care of the child.

Look not at the child, but at the actions of those around him. The child is just defending itself.

"kathy springer" <[email protected]> wrote in news:c1111m$616jr$1
@hades.csu.net:

> Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

Of course my previous message outline but one possible answer, and while it is not the only answer,
it is the most likely given the average demographics of the populace with children.

>Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

I can say with great certainty that the parents of Debbee Adams, Jan Drew, Charles Edwards
(DrCeePhd), and Rod-Munch did not either.

This is not a question for an alt-health forum, try one dealing with children and/or psychology.

As an attorney, who deals with child abuse on a weekly basis, I would be very concerned about a
child, whom you have labelled as having a pathological lying problem.

Could be that you do not wish to believe what the child is saying.

Could be that you do not wish for others to believe what the child is saying.

Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) to you.

Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) about you.

Either way, I would take the child to a licensed counselor, who specializes in children, and
determine where the problem lies.

If you cannot afford a counselor, contact the local child protective state agency.

Act quickly.

j.

kathy springer wrote:
> Anyone know how to deal with children with a pathological lying problem?

Say not the Struggle nought Availeth <[email protected]> wrote in news:C%
[email protected]:

> As an attorney, who deals with child abuse on a weekly basis, I would be very concerned about a
> child, whom you have labelled as having a pathological lying problem.
>
> Could be that you do not wish to believe what the child is saying.
>
> Could be that you do not wish for others to believe what the child is saying.
>
> Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) to you.
>
> Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) about you.
>
> Either way, I would take the child to a licensed counselor, who specializes in children, and
> determine where the problem lies.
>
> If you cannot afford a counselor, contact the local child protective state agency.
>
> Act quickly.
>
> j.

Different words, same conclusion.

Rich Andrews wrote:
> Say not the Struggle nought Availeth <[email protected]> wrote in news:C%
> [email protected]:
>

>>As an attorney, who deals with child abuse on a weekly basis, I would be very concerned about a
>>child, whom you have labelled as having a pathological lying problem.
>>
>>Could be that you do not wish to believe what the child is saying.
>>
>>Could be that you do not wish for others to believe what the child is saying.
>>
>>Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) to you.
>>
>>Could be that the child is telling lies (or truth) about you.
>>
>>Either way, I would take the child to a licensed counselor, who specializes in children, and
>>determine where the problem lies.
>>
>>If you cannot afford a counselor, contact the local child protective state agency.
>>
>>Act quickly.
>>
>>j.
>>

> Different words, same conclusion.

sometimes repetition is necessary, albeit redundant.

j.