Chinese Jersey Imports?

rodzilla

Apr 6, 2011
I am curious if anyone has ordered any cycling jerseys or uniforms from China? For example, the Livestrong jerseys sell for approx. $100 on the Livestrong website, but they sell for under $50 through the chinese "fake" versions. Anyone bought any of these over the Internet? Can you comment on quality versus the "expensive" ones?

In my experience with trying to finding bargains and buying off eBay, it's a **** shoot on the quality of the Chinese jerseys. The shorts are total JUNK. Consistently, the pad is of the lowest quality possible, in addition to the stitching in the shorts. And I've got totally no qualms in buying products made in China - as long as the quality is there. Needless to say, I don't buy knock-off jerseys or shorts any more.

Better off trying to find from reputable manufacturers that's on sale. Yeah, their stuff may be made in China too, but it will be of much better quality than the knock-off stuff. Good luck if you decide to temp fate...

I ordered a pair of bib shorts last week. I am now 1 week and a few days into the order and still no word on when they will arrive. (based on previous purchases from China (batteries for my cell phone) expect around 3 weeks or so).

once I get them in - I will post a review. I don't really wear cycling shorts much (up to about a 30 mile ride) and do fine without them. That being said - i did purchase a few decent pairs at the end of the season last year on sale in the local bike shop so I do have something decent to compare them to.

I will let you know what I think once they arrive. (I am not expecting them to be as nice as the ones I got from the local bike store, but are they a step above just riding in regular shorts over compression undies?) Anyway - I will let you know.

I ordered 2 set off singapore based store and im quite impress with the quality. they are as much quality item as nashbar sold jerseys. the good thing is i can buy 3 sets of jerseys for a price of one at nashbar or performance.

They are made by lycra/coolmax.....

and if you are against "Made in China" tags, look around your household, where are they from?

I bought one cheaper style jersey on ebay and the quality was ok, but doesn't fit nearly as well when I ride as my real jerseys. Flaps in the wind and doesn't have the rubber on the back edge, so it rides up.

Just keep your eyes peeled for good deals on older stuff. I got a 2010 Cervelo Test Team jersey on ebay for $45 shipped and it was authentic Castelli, even had the 'aero fit'.

I have to add something here. If you look at the fabric content of the most expensive jerseys their all 100% polyester. If you look at the fabric content of cheap Walmart or Target jersey's their 100% polyester. So what's the difference? NOTHING. 100% polyester be it cheap or expensive wicks moisture the same. The more expensive jerseys are made better and will last longer but how many $12 to $15 dollar jerseys can you buy for one $100 jersey? That's right, about 6, I know a $100 jersey will not outlast 6 $15 dollar ones. Of course with the more expensive jerseys you get the rear pocket which I never use anyways unless on a real long ride of over 100 miles then I wear one of those, and also with the expensive jerseys you get the gaudy prints advertising with some bike related stuff on it. Not sure why one has to spend $100 or more to wear a billboard...they should pay us to wear their advertising!! Fortunately jersey manufactures are catching wind of the fact that a lot of us don't like the gaudy prints so we are now finding more and more plain colored no prints jerseys.

But if you must have an "official" cycling jersey then wait for closeouts which will be happening soon. I know Nashbar has a Cavalo Lancio jersey for $39 vs their in season price of $89, or a Louis Garneau Genesis Jersey for $20 vs $45 in season price, just to mention a couple of deals.

I think it is worth from the purchase, I purchased collected from a Chinese website, good quality.

Yes, most jerseys from China are bad quality, but there are also some exception. I got a year's cycling experience, and know a Chinese company can provide very good jersey but set a relatively lower price. If you want more information, you can contact me, and I will tell you more details.

I would like to say all over the world many kinds of products are made in china,Then the products may Paste Brands sell on ebay or other famous sites with high prices.

Originally Posted by leroy1010 .

I would like to say all over the world many kinds of products are made in china,Then the products may Paste Brands sell on ebay or other famous sites with high prices.
yes, if any jerseys is too cheap ,ie a jerseys + pant is $30 means bad quality

I do have something decent to compare them to
14.gif

I once bought cycling shorts from china for 10 dollars but they were 2 sizes too small. The Chinese must have smaller frames.

I also bought very nice cycling jersey for my boyfriend at a Chinese Website. All things Go great.

Jojo0 said:
I also bought very nice cycling jersey for my boyfriend at a Chinese Website. All things Go great.
Did you buy from the same company you work for?

I purchased one "Nalini" jersey from M*****. The fit was odd, as if cut for a Chinese gymnast with big shoulders and medium size waist, rather than for a cyclist. The zipper was always somewhat stiff. Yesterday, the zipper came apart at the bottom. I was able to unzip the darn thing, but the zipper came apart, the tab came off, and the jersey is now a rag. In short, the fit is poor, the quality is poor, and I will henceforth follow the advice of others and either (a) buy good stuff on sale, or (b) pay more for decent jerseys. All my other jerseys are PI, Sugoi, LG, Decente, and fit well and wear well. One exception: I am tempted to order a Livestrong knockoff, so that when people say "That jersey isn't what it claims to be" I can respond, "Neither was Lance."

Reactions: AyeYo