Chip Seal and Neck and Back Pain

Originally Posted by alienator .

Nice! You left out the most important info though: the bike's condition. I hope it's okay.
Right. We don't care about you, just the bike. ;)

I've been fortunate to avoid the falls, but my pedals are decidedly carnivorous. Last year I got one into the back of my left ankle just above the shoe (lost my balance standing still with my other foot clipped in--kicked the pedal getting the other foot clipped out and down on the pavement--the lump took 6 months to go away), and this year, I stopped to help someone who dropped her chain, and when I started back up, I missed when I tried to clip in and got it in the left shin. That was 3.5 months ago, and there's still a red mark there.

I guess I expect a couple injuries a season.... does that sound about right?

Yeah...about right. Depends, for me, on the actions of other racers as much as anything.

Kamikaze riding in close proximity with tired/blind riders at stoopid speeds is a recipe for new ways to experience bleeding, bruising and learning new curse words.

Loose mutt on a banzai charge from behind a parked truck got me. 32 X-Rays later, no busted bones...unless I busted some ribs on muttly. **** happens and will happen again, but I can imagine the injuries davereo got on that nasty C&S stuff. Some asphalt is a fairly smmoth slide and some is very unkind to the hide.

Let's hope Dave protected the bike well with his body! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

Kamikaze riding in close proximity with tired/blind riders at stoopid speeds is a recipe for new ways to experience bleeding, bruising and learning new curse words.
This is why I'm focusing on TTs. If I crash, I have me to blame. But, I guess I need some mass start events to get to Cat4/Masters. Ugh.....

Nice! You left out the most important info though: the bike's condition. I hope it's okay.
It was my Synapse that I went down on./img/vbsmilies/smilies/drool.gif I was in the last weekend and week of the National Bike Challenge so my concern was to patch myself up and continue riding. I was back up and riding the following morning on my CAAD 9. Sunday I will be doing a complete post crash inspection. What I already know is the left brifter is gouged up good and sticking when released during braking. It may be burrs from the plastic. I picked up bar tape so I can remove the existing tape to inspect the bar. I repositioned the brake calipers out on the road so I could ride home. The bike went down non drive side so all the components are good. The frame is solid and no cosmetic scatches at all. So yes I think it's OK.

davereo said:
It was my Synapse that I went down on.:drool:  I was in the last weekend and week of the National Bike Challenge so my concern was to patch myself up and continue riding. I was back up and riding the following morning on my CAAD 9. Sunday I will be doing a complete post crash inspection. What I already know is the left brifter is gouged up good and sticking when released during braking. It may be burrs from the plastic. I picked up bar tape so I can remove the existing tape to inspect the bar. I repositioned the brake calipers out on the road so I could ride home. The bike went down non drive side so all the components are good. The frame is solid and no cosmetic scatches at all. So yes I think it's OK.
Bike's ok. You'll maybe have cool, new scars. You'll be able to spin an entertaining yarn about the crash. All tolled, it sounds perfecto. I suggest the yarns start with, "No sh_t! There I was. The situation was grim as usual."

Bike's ok. You'll maybe have cool, new scars. You'll be able to spin an entertaining yarn about the crash. All tolled, it sounds perfecto. I suggest the yarns start with, "No sh_t! There I was. The situation was grim as usual."
I'm using it !!! LMAO

Originally Posted by davereo .

It was my Synapse that I went down on./img/vbsmilies/smilies/drool.gif I was in the last weekend and week of the National Bike Challenge so my concern was to patch myself up and continue riding. I was back up and riding the following morning on my CAAD 9...
Congrats on finishing fifth place in the State of Massachusetts. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Originally Posted by qdc15 .

Congrats on finishing fifth place in the State of Massachusetts. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif
You know it. Look me up next year because I will use the points system. You opened my eyes.

Originally Posted by qdc15 .

Congrats on carrying me to 5th nationaly. You are still the beast of the east in my book./img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif