Chocolate Milk - I always knew it was true

Richard Sherratt wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:59:02 GMT, Halcyon <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable
>>would know if 5 tablespoons of sugar is necessary or should he have said
>>5 teaspoons?

> Also bear in mind that Australian tablespoons are 20ml whereas in the
> rest of the world a Tbsp is 15ml.

And if it is a USA recipe, you start with 1/4 of the recipe quantity. So
convertng to teaspoonsis probably a good start.

On Sep 2, 7:51 am, Terryc <[email protected]> wrote:
> Richard Sherratt wrote:
> > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:59:02 GMT, Halcyon <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > <snip>

> >>Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable
> >>would know if 5 tablespoons of sugar is necessary or should he have said
> >>5 teaspoons?

> > Also bear in mind that Australian tablespoons are 20ml whereas in the
> > rest of the world a Tbsp is 15ml.

> And if it is a USA recipe, you start with 1/4 of the recipe quantity. So
> convertng to teaspoonsis probably a good start.

hello, thank you for welcome me to this group

On Sep 1, 3:40 pm, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2w8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Roadie_scum Wrote:
>
> > The study was supported by the Dairy and Nutrition Council Inc.

> hmmmmm supported by the Dairy council.... actually I was hoping it
> might have been the company that makes flavoured milk drinks just to
> add some spict to the story :)
>
> --
> MikeyOz

hiii hot cococolate is very delicious to our.....

On Aug 31, 6:33 am, Kingsley <[email protected]>
wrote:
> So maybe I always espouse the benefits ofchocolatecustard,
> but that's just milk with extra flour right?
>
> From:http://www.bikeradar.com/fitness/article/technique-chocolate-milk-mak...
>
> Or:http://tinyurl.com/2t8k2h
>
> Technique:Chocolatemilk makes you faster
>
> [...]
>
> A study by scientists at Indiana University showed thatchocolatemilk is
> very effective in recovery after hard exercise. They compared the effects
> ofchocolatemilk against a series of commercially produced recovery
> drinks. To their surprise, they found that thechocolatemilk more than
> held its own.
>
> On three separate days, nine male, endurance-trained cyclists performed an
> interval workout followed by four hours of recovery and, finally, a
> time-to-exhaustion test. The men drank equivalent volumes ofchocolate
> milk, fluid replacement drink (FR), or carbohydrate replacement drink (CR)
> immediately after the first exercise bout and two hours into the recovery.
> Thechocolatemilk and CR had equivalent carbohydrate content.
>
> The results showed that time to exhaustion and total work were
> significantly greater forchocolatemilk and for FR trials than for CR
> trials, suggesting thatchocolatemilk is an effective recovery aid
> between two exhausting bouts of exercise.
>
> "Our study indicates thatchocolatemilk is a strong alternative to other
> commercial sports drinks in helping athletes recover from strenuous,
> energy-depleting exercise," said coauthor Joel M. Stager in a news
> release.
>
> "Chocolatemilk contains an optimal carbohydrate to protein ratio, which
> is critical for helping refuel tired muscles after strenuous exercise and
> can enable athletes to exercise at a high intensity during subsequent
> workouts."
>
> -kt
>
> --
> Kingsley Turner,http://MadDogsBreakfast.com/ABFAQ- news:aus.bicycle Frequenly Asked Questions

hiii i like chocolate milk

On Sep 2, 5:30 pm, lyza <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sep 1, 3:40 pm, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2w8...@no-
>
> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> > Roadie_scum Wrote:

> > > The study was supported by the Dairy and Nutrition Council Inc.

> > hmmmmm supported by the Dairy council.... actually I was hoping it
> > might have been the company that makes flavoured milk drinks just to
> > add some spict to the story :)

> > --
> > MikeyOz

> hiii hot cococolate is very delicious to our.....

hmmmmmmm

On Sep 2, 2:23 am, Roadie_scum <Roadie_scum.2w8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Richard Sherratt Wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:59:02 GMT, Halcyon <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > <snip>

> > > Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable
> > >would know if 5 tablespoons of sugar is necessary or should he have

> > said
> > >5 teaspoons?

> > Also bear in mind that Australian tablespoons are 20ml whereas in the
> > rest of the world a Tbsp is 15ml.

> > --
> > Regards.
> > Richard.

> That's a very good point - well picked up.
>
> --
> Roadie_scum- Hide quoted text -

hi can i join this group

On Sep 2, 2:23 am, Roadie_scum <Roadie_scum.2w8...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Richard Sherratt Wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:59:02 GMT, Halcyon <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > <snip>

> > > Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable
> > >would know if 5 tablespoons of sugar is necessary or should he have

> > said
> > >5 teaspoons?

> > Also bear in mind that Australian tablespoons are 20ml whereas in the
> > rest of the world a Tbsp is 15ml.

> > --
> > Regards.
> > Richard.

> That's a very good point - well picked up.
>
> --
> Roadie_scum- Hide quoted text -

are like chocolate

On Sep 2, 7:51 am, Terryc <[email protected]> wrote:
> Richard Sherratt wrote:
> > On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:59:02 GMT, Halcyon <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> > <snip>

> >>Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable
> >>would know if 5 tablespoons of sugar is necessary or should he have said
> >>5 teaspoons?

> > Also bear in mind that Australian tablespoons are 20ml whereas in the
> > rest of the world a Tbsp is 15ml.

> And if it is a USA recipe, you start with 1/4 of the recipe quantity. So
> convertng to teaspoonsis probably a good start.

hi do you like chocolate

On Sep 2, 9:07 pm, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2wa...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> lyza Wrote:
>

> > hi do you like chocolate

> just gotta laugh sometimes :)

Is this a new troll, or an old one trying a new method?

Bleve said:
On Sep 2, 9:07 pm, MikeyOz <MikeyOz.2wa...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> lyza Wrote:
>

> > hi do you like chocolate

> just gotta laugh sometimes :)

Is this a new troll, or an old one trying a new method?

Whatever it is, it's rather hyperactive!

MikeyOz wrote:
> lyza Wrote:
>
>>hi do you like chocolate

> just gotta laugh sometimes :)

You wont when she doesn't adjust the settings on the molten chocolate
properly. The burns will really hurt. Believe you me, gravel rash causes
far less pain.

On Sep 2, 9:13 pm, Terryc <[email protected]> wrote:
> MikeyOz wrote:
> > lyza Wrote:

> >>hi do you like chocolate

> > just gotta laugh sometimes :)

> You wont when she doesn't adjust the settings on the molten chocolate
> properly. The burns will really hurt. Believe you me, gravel rash causes
> far less pain.

tq for reply my messages.......i really appreciatte that because now
i'm doing my assignment

Bleve wrote:

> It's also, AFAIK,. spot-on. Shame big-m doesn't work well in a bidon!

It's that old "square peg, round hole" problem again. ;-)

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Rory Williams wrote:

> Susan M. Shirreffs, Phillip Watson and Ronald J. Maughan(2007) Milk as
> an effective post-exercise rehydration drink British Journal of
> Nutrition, 98: 173-180

The acknowledgments at the end of this particular paper read:

"This work was supported by a grant from the Milk Development
Council"

Hmmmm!

--

Bean Long said:
Rory Williams wrote:

> Susan M. Shirreffs, Phillip Watson and Ronald J. Maughan(2007) Milk as
> an effective post-exercise rehydration drink British Journal of
> Nutrition, 98: 173-180

The acknowledgments at the end of this particular paper read:

"This work was supported by a grant from the Milk Development
Council"

Hmmmm!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

You expected maybe the heart foundation? What's your point?

Roadie_scum wrote:
> Bean Long Wrote:
>> Rory Williams wrote:
>>
>>> Susan M. Shirreffs, Phillip Watson and Ronald J. Maughan(2007) Milk

>> as
>>> an effective post-exercise rehydration drink British Journal of
>>> Nutrition, 98: 173-180

>> The acknowledgments at the end of this particular paper read:
>>
>> "This work was supported by a grant from the Milk Development
>> Council"
>>
>> Hmmmm!
>>
>> --
>> Bean
>>
>> Remove "yourfinger" before replying

> You expected maybe the heart foundation? What's your point?

Nutrition research CAN be funded by independent funding bodies. Why not
the heart foundation????

--

Bean Long said:
Roadie_scum wrote:
> Bean Long Wrote:
>> Rory Williams wrote:
>>
>>> Susan M. Shirreffs, Phillip Watson and Ronald J. Maughan(2007) Milk

>> as
>>> an effective post-exercise rehydration drink British Journal of
>>> Nutrition, 98: 173-180

>> The acknowledgments at the end of this particular paper read:
>>
>> "This work was supported by a grant from the Milk Development
>> Council"
>>
>> Hmmmm!
>>
>> --
>> Bean
>>
>> Remove "yourfinger" before replying

> You expected maybe the heart foundation? What's your point?

Nutrition research CAN be funded by independent funding bodies. Why not
the heart foundation????

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

I don't think they have a pressing interest in exercise performance.