Chocolate Milk Question

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by UncleFred, May 22, 2007.

1. UncleFred

UncleFred New Member

I've heard of the benefits of Chocolate milk as a recovery drink but the problem is I'm Lactose Intolerant, anybody know if Lactose Free Low Fat Chocolate Milk has the same benefit as normal Chocolate Milk?

Either way it tastes great after a hard ride.

Tags:

2. BillBB

BillBB New Member

I don't know if somebody who is lactose intolerant can drink soy milk, but I have tried it and it's really good. The choc flavor is at first a little hard to get used to, but it's good. I now drink more Soy milk than regular mik. Hope this helps.

3. garage sale GT

garage sale GT New Member

I think the "chocolate milk as recovery drink" recommendation is based solely on its carb/protein content. Have that same amount of carbs and protein from any other source and you will be doing as well as with the chocolate milk.

4. dangerousbiker

dangerousbiker New Member

I agree! Me, the taste of soya milk at first was not good but I came to like it and preffered it to milk after a week.:D

5. Ratiocinator

Ratiocinator New Member

Consider your lactose intolerance a blessing. Animal milk should be avoided; the stuff is bad news:

www.notmilk.com

There are lots for you to choose from. Plant milks abound, not only in availability but also in nutritional value. Look for soymilk, oat milk, almond milk, rice milk, hemp milk, quinoa milk, and so on. Google for a ‘soy milk maker’, which is a machine you can buy to convert seeds and beans into plant milks. Google for some recipes too.

If you make your own chocolate milk you can ensure it is extremely healthy by selecting only raw (unheated) and organically grown ingredients. Try to buy raw cacao powder, as it has not been heated and so it is much healthier and more nutrient rich than the commercially available drinks.

6. zaskar

zaskar New Member

notmilk.com Sounds like a reliable source :rolleyes:

7. Ratiocinator

Ratiocinator New Member

I am sure you wrote exactly the same thing in the 'empty calories' thread. Obviously instead of actually taking a look at that site, reading the information and checking the SITED references, you opt to post crap here instead. I pity you.

8. zaskar

zaskar New Member

9. Scotty_Dog

Scotty_Dog New Member

I had no idea there was a new whack job on the forums, and just want to extend my warmest welcome.

Maybe WBT, Wurm, Fausto Coppied, or the anti-fluoride guy (can't think of his name) can lend you an aluminum hat to wear while you're here.

I readily discount the claims of "factual" websites whose main purpose is to sell a book.

Putting many blank lines between my sentences makes me feel important, and clearly shows my superiority to all others.

10. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

Lactose is a carbohydrate so it is part of the total carb intake of chocolate milk. Unless the lactose free chocolate milk has the same quantity of carbs it will not have the same benefit.

Not sure if there was any difference between full-cream or low-fat milk in the original study - will have to go back and check.

11. Ratiocinator

Ratiocinator New Member

Obviously your ill-judged post is directed at me. So, pray tell, what exactly is it that has justifies your declaration that I am a “whack job”?

Why would I possibly require an aluminium hat? Such fatuous puerility you mock this place with.

Of course. I see your logic. Smart people with tangible knowledge never write books or author web sites. What a ludicrous thought!

With that line you continue to display your state of ignorance and provide yet more proof of your ego-driven enthusiasm to attempt to belittle those around you, especially those who actually have messages of worth to post here. I type my messages in MSWord. The gaps between the paragraphs of these messages, when pasted into the forum window, for some reason expand.

I have no desire to assert any superiority here, and if I did I would not do it by inserting blank lines into my posts. However, my superiority over you, in many regards, is by default proven here going merely by the inferior crap you have posted in reaction to my post(s).

By the way, I recommend using a face mask when road riding. Those fumes are really not very healthy.

12. zaskar

zaskar New Member

Prozac anyone? You must live a miserable life of paranoia. I think the exercise out ways that. There is a compromise for everything we do.

13. Ratiocinator

Ratiocinator New Member

14. Ratiocinator

Ratiocinator New Member

Ignorance is bliss. You must be constantly ecstatic.

15. GABAjunkie

GABAjunkie New Member

Kind of defensive aren't ya, Ratio?

But honestly, to say that 'normal' milk is to be avoided and is bad news is a little out there.

And I'll pass on the "hemp shake"! ROFL!!:eek:

16. garage sale GT

garage sale GT New Member

While we're on recovery, what happens if after you catch your breath you just need to have a burger and fries? Does it simply slow your recovery or can something bad happen? Perhaps it's habit but my body calls out for a double whopper meal after a ride.

17. GABAjunkie

GABAjunkie New Member

yeah, the triple stacker is good too! Mmmmm:)

18. doctorSpoc

doctorSpoc New Member

I really like choc milk after a ride.. i find it hard to eat a lot of solid food right when i get home and cho milk has the perfect ratio of carbs to protien for max absorption... it tastes good and it goes down really easy and you just grab it out of the fridge and suck it down with no preperation.

don't know for sure, but i'm thinking if you are lactose intolerant i think you're SOL as far as choc milk goes...

19. Ratiocinator

Ratiocinator New Member

Compared with the outrageous and highly unfounded abuse directed at me from certain other members here I have been the epitome of politeness.

It is without hyperbole and without exaggeration to state that cows milk is toxic to humans. It promotes heart disease, diabetes, cancer (especially prostate and breast cancers), it has been linked with Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s, obesity, osteoporosis arteriosclerosis, ear infections, and a huge list of others.

Research carried out on milk, which has received very little publicity, has categorically proved that milk puts human health at massive risk of a multitude of diseases. The corporate world does not want you to know this. People have to take the initiative and find out the truth for themselves.

Milk is designed by nature for calves, not humans. IGF-1 is a hormone in milk that promotes rapid growth in baby cows. It also promotes rapid growth of carcinomas (cancer) in humans.

The research is made clear at www.notmilk.com . Seriously, milk is bad news and should be avoided.

There are no nutrients in milk that cannot be found elsewhere. Milk is actually a poor source of calcium because of the other things in it that promote poor bone health. The magnesium ratio to calcium is less than perfect anyway. Almonds and sesame seeds are a better source of calcium than milk. Hijiki is a type of seaweed that weight for weight contains around 11-times the calcium found in milk (well over a gram per 100-grams of hijiki).

As far as health drinks go, the examples I have posted in this thread are extremely healthful, especially when compared with cow milk. The plant milks do not contain hormones, pus, urine traces, or any of the other nasty stuff found in animal milk. Plant milks contain high protein, carbs, fiber (unlike animal milk which contains no fiber at all thus increasing the likelihood of colon cancer), and a huge amount of healthy vitamins and minerals. Quite frankly animal milk is pus, hormones and glue (casein found in milk is used as industrial adhesive).

There is no need to consume animal milk, only a need not to. I challenge anyone here to justify and validate the consumption of animal milk. It cannot be done.

Why? You are not going to get high from it, you know? Don’t believe the media BS or the government propaganda about hemp. Hemp is a complete protein source (all essential amino acids) and it is also the most superior source of the omega essential fatty acids. It contains omega-6 to omega-3 in the perfect ratio required for optimum absorption in humans (4:1).

If you have a thing against hemp then I would advice you to get over it quick smart. Hemp is a superfood and up until the big bankers had their way around a century ago it was a mass-produced crop used for food, paper, rope, fuel, building materials, and a massive number of other things. Hemp was a threat to the oil trade so it was outlawed for a while and falsely demonized by the controlled mass media.

Hemp grown for food is not the same as what the stoners use. You could eat or drink 10kg of the stuff and you would not get high!

20. UncleFred

UncleFred New Member

Thanks to everyone that answered my question, the Lactose Free mile is only 18g Carb per serving whilst the Nesquik Milk I can tolerate is 32g, so I'll stick with the Nesquik.

Rationator - Thanks for Hijacking the thread and not answering my question.