Chocolate Milk Question

UncleFred said:
Thanks to everyone that answered my question, the Lactose Free mile is only 18g Carb per serving whilst the Nesquik Milk I can tolerate is 32g, so I'll stick with the Nesquik.

Rationator - Thanks for Hijacking the thread and not answering my question.
So sweeten the lactose-free milk with some chocolate milk powder!

UncleFred said:
Rationator - Thanks for Hijacking the thread and not answering my question.
UncleFred said:
anybody know if Lactose Free Low Fat Chocolate Milk has the same benefit
I am sorry that you are an unreceptive, ineducable, perpetual ignoramus. I pity you for being an utter moron; I feel sorry for you, seriously I do.

I am very sorry that you are a cognitive dissonant and that you cannot face the truth when it is clearly presented to you. I am sorry that you fail to recognize good advice when it is put in front of you. They say not to cast pearls before swine. That advice certainly applies here and especially when dealing with such examples of the walking dead as yourself.

You think I have hijacked this thread? Are you really that stupid? Did you even read my posts? Your dumbness beggars belief! Are you really so numb, so obtuse that you actually think what I have posted here is not relevant? You are an insult to the concept of intelligence.

What you wrote about me is outrageous, and you should retract it without delay, if not for civility and politeness then to save face.

I am dumbfounded by what you accuse me of! Never could a comment be more ill judged or groundless.

Quite frankly, you disgust me.

Ratiocinator said:
Compared with the outrageous and highly unfounded abuse directed at me from certain other members here I have been the epitome of politeness.

It is without hyperbole and without exaggeration to state that cows milk is toxic to humans. It promotes heart disease, diabetes, cancer (especially prostate and breast cancers), it has been linked with Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s, obesity, osteoporosis arteriosclerosis, ear infections, and a huge list of others.

Research carried out on milk, which has received very little publicity, has categorically proved that milk puts human health at massive risk of a multitude of diseases. The corporate world does not want you to know this. People have to take the initiative and find out the truth for themselves.

Milk is designed by nature for calves, not humans. IGF-1 is a hormone in milk that promotes rapid growth in baby cows. It also promotes rapid growth of carcinomas (cancer) in humans.

The research is made clear at www.notmilk.com . Seriously, milk is bad news and should be avoided.

There are no nutrients in milk that cannot be found elsewhere. Milk is actually a poor source of calcium because of the other things in it that promote poor bone health. The magnesium ratio to calcium is less than perfect anyway. Almonds and sesame seeds are a better source of calcium than milk. Hijiki is a type of seaweed that weight for weight contains around 11-times the calcium found in milk (well over a gram per 100-grams of hijiki).

As far as health drinks go, the examples I have posted in this thread are extremely healthful, especially when compared with cow milk. The plant milks do not contain hormones, pus, urine traces, or any of the other nasty stuff found in animal milk. Plant milks contain high protein, carbs, fiber (unlike animal milk which contains no fiber at all thus increasing the likelihood of colon cancer), and a huge amount of healthy vitamins and minerals. Quite frankly animal milk is pus, hormones and glue (casein found in milk is used as industrial adhesive).

There is no need to consume animal milk, only a need not to. I challenge anyone here to justify and validate the consumption of animal milk. It cannot be done.

Why? You are not going to get high from it, you know? Don’t believe the media BS or the government propaganda about hemp. Hemp is a complete protein source (all essential amino acids) and it is also the most superior source of the omega essential fatty acids. It contains omega-6 to omega-3 in the perfect ratio required for optimum absorption in humans (4:1).

If you have a thing against hemp then I would advice you to get over it quick smart. Hemp is a superfood and up until the big bankers had their way around a century ago it was a mass-produced crop used for food, paper, rope, fuel, building materials, and a massive number of other things. Hemp was a threat to the oil trade so it was outlawed for a while and falsely demonized by the controlled mass media.

Hemp grown for food is not the same as what the stoners use. You could eat or drink 10kg of the stuff and you would not get high!
WTF!!!

+1 for the wackjob comment...

humans have been drinking cow's milk for millenia and with the exception of a few areas of the world that historically haven't drank milk and a small amount of other individuals in parts of the world that historically have, we have actually addapted geneitically to drinking cow's milk.. human are the only mamals that as adults can actually even digest lactose...

if what you say is true we should see the street strewn with the dead from all the milk drinkers... the roman empire really fell because of cow's milk.. it just doesn't make any kind of sense.

when you are presented with an argument you need to look out into the world and say to yourself... does then arguement actually mesh with reality?

p.s. it's this statement that garnered you the wackjob label... " It is without hyperbole and without exaggeration to state that cows milk is toxic to humans." ???

Well it is without hyperbole and without exaggeration that anyone that would make such a rediculous comment is either insane or incredibly mentally deficient.

Ratiocinator, I see you are now only placing 1 line between paragraphs. Very strong my Jedi powers are.

To everyone else, "Ratiocinator" seems to be a well known, agenda driven, internet troll on par with Mike Vandeman in the alt.mountain-bike forum. You cannot have a reasonable, two-way conversation with this person.

Please, let's stop feeding the troll.

doctorSpoc said:
humans have been drinking cow's milk for millenia and with the exception of a few areas of the world that historically haven't drank milk and a small amount of other individuals in parts of the world that historically have,

History is not the discussion here, but it is important to remember that we do not know what our actual history is, despite what Hollywood says. It is not relevant anyway. Here and now is what matters, and the effects and consequences of what we do today.

If our ancient ancestors did consume milk it would certainly have been from animals that were very different to the hybridized breeds industrial animal agriculture relies upon today. The animals of old would not have been injected with dozens of different medications or force-fed hormones and other unnatural harmful chemicals. Animals of old also would not have been fed non-organic wheat and soy or genetically modified foods. It is also unlikely that, unlike today, animals (herbivores) of old would not have been fed other animals, garbage and even sawdust.

You may find this book of interest (PDF download link):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=36E71JQM

Many other factors also exist to complicate the situation. But the argument of “because they did it and did it for a long time means that we can do it, stop thinking about it and shut up about it”, holds no water. Such a way of thinking is not particularly intelligent; it lacks logic and is not rational.

doctorSpoc said:
we have actually addapted geneitically to drinking cow's milk.. human are the only mamals that as adults can actually even digest lactose...

Actually many humans are lactose intolerant, just as the thread starter is. Huge numbers of people are intolerant to lactose and do not even realize it! They attribute their problems to other things, stomach flu, etc. Many just learn to live with excess mucus and various pains and discomfort never linking them to their milk consumption.

Lactase (lactose enzyme) supplements is a very profitable business, and for good reason.

doctorSpoc said:
if what you say is true we should see the street strewn with the dead from all the milk drinkers... the roman empire really fell because of cow's milk.. it just doesn't make any kind of sense.

Go to any hospital and survey the patients. Look at the disease statistics and examine the many studies. Plenty of people are ill with various diseases that “just happen”. Such people never make the correlation with their dietary practices. How many old people develop problems with their prostate glands, suffer arthritis, osteoporosis, and have to have hip replacement operations? Many do. Most of these people would have been saved the burden of serious disease had they taken a little more care about what they ate throughout their lives.

The despicable way cows are treated on modern factory farms almost makes the disease and suffering of these foolish people a suitable karma.

I suggest, instead of posting disbelief in this forum, go run a few searches on this subject. www.notmilk.com is an excellent place to start.

doctorSpoc said:
p.s. it's this statement that garnered you the wackjob label... " It is without hyperbole and without exaggeration to state that cows milk is toxic to humans." ???

Well it is without hyperbole and without exaggeration that anyone that would make such a rediculous comment is either insane or incredibly mentally deficient.
It is ridiculous to claim that what a person says is ludicrous without having studied the relevant facts. Going merely by your life-long belief system and the lies you have been subjected to your entire life does not invalidate the substantiated information I am trying to relay here.

Look up the word ‘toxic’ in the dictionary: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/toxic

You will find that my usage of that word is relevant and apt. Do you disagree that a substance that causes cancer and Parkinson’s Disease, amongst numerous others, is toxic? If so, what the hell is toxic?

Scotty_Dog said:
Ratiocinator, I see you are now only placing 1 line between paragraphs. Very strong my Jedi powers are.

To everyone else, "Ratiocinator" seems to be a well known, agenda driven, internet troll on par with Mike Vandeman in the alt.mountain-bike forum. You cannot have a reasonable, two-way conversation with this person.

Please, let's stop feeding the troll.
Showing you up for the fool that you are, posting facts that threaten the lies that your belief system is currently comprised of does not a troll make.

I seem to be a “well known, agenda driven troll”, do I? How interesting. On what is that claim based?

You are incapable of having a reasonable conversation with me because you are an inane dope motivated by ego and a desire to start online arguments. And your obsession with the size of the gaps in-between the lines of my posts is bafflingly interesting!

Ratiocinator said:
History is not the discussion here ... “because they did it and did it for a long time means that we can do it, stop thinking about it and shut up about it”
not a matter of history is a matter of genetics and addapation...

Ratiocinator said:
Actually many humans are lactose intolerant, just as the thread starter is.
some humans don't possess the enzymes to disgest wheat... should we all stop consuming wheat?... my sister is alergic to shelfish.. knock shellfish off the list... some people because of their genetics can't comsume a whole slew of things... but because there are individuals that don't possess some enzyme to consume a food and even though i do possess that enzyme... that is some kind of rationale for me (and everyone on the planet) to not consume that food too.. what kind of crazy logic is that??? time to get off the crack pipe.. hemp pipe or whatever you are smoking...

Ratiocinator said:
The despicable way cows are treated on modern factory farms almost makes the disease and suffering of these foolish people a suitable karma.
*** in case anyone missed it.. here is Ratiocinator's REAL agenda ***

Scotty Dog is right. I did a search>advanced search>find posts by on Ratiocinator and found he more or less only wants to link you to his food toxicity advocacy groups. The only vaguely cycling-related link is one to another cycling site, which he could have learned about after setting out to change the world by posting links to cycling sites.

Theres always User CP>buddy/ignore lists>ignore.

doctorSpoc said:
not a matter of history is a matter of genetics and addapation...
The facts and figures do not support your theory.

doctorSpoc said:
some humans don't possess the enzymes to disgest wheat... should we all stop consuming wheat?... my sister is alergic to shelfish.. knock shellfish off the list... some people because of their genetics can't comsume a whole slew of things... but because there are individuals that don't possess some enzyme to consume a food and even though i do possess that enzyme... that is some kind of rationale for me (and everyone on the planet) to not consume that food too.. what kind of crazy logic is that??? time to get off the crack pipe.. hemp pipe or whatever you are smoking...
It is highly advisable to refrain from eating wheat. This has been mentioned in the ‘empty calories’ thread. Look it up, just like your buddy has done.

Wheat is a mucus forming, acidifying food that causes localized constipation throughout the body. There are lots of risks associated with wheat, especially with the hybridized varieties farmers use today. Research it.

Shellfish should certainly not be eaten. I bet you don’t know very much about the concentrated toxins in shellfish or the way they are farmed and caught? All animal, fish and avian flesh is toxic; it all acidifies the body, promotes a multitude of different diseases and is mucus-forming. The higher up the food chain one goes, the more concentrated the toxins are.

Humans are, after all, anatomically herbivorous. Yes, that’s right. We are herbivores and hospitals would have more free beds if the majority of people accepted this clear fact and lived according to nature:

http://www.earthsave.ca/articles/health/comparative.html

The only thing I am smoking is the truth. Your cocoon of delusion, your hole in the dirt for your head, surely is a comfortable domicile. Yeah, right up until reality comes up from behind and boots you in the ass.

doctorSpoc said:
*** in case anyone missed it.. here is Ratiocinator's REAL agenda ***

Ha! I knew one of you fools would write words to that effect! You idiot. What exactly is my agenda? Compassion? Ethics? Promoting cruelty-free living? Advocating ways that would make the world a healthy and peaceful place for all species?

You hate the truth so much you are too quick in looking for a category and a pigeonhole to encage me in just to satisfy your eagerness to avoid information that you are uncomfortable with.

If you are so eager to fight me, then why not take apart the information and facts I have posted here? Why attack me, the messenger, instead of revealing errors in what I have written?

You are pathetic. What I have posted is valuable information that is lost on you, and some of the others here, because you are destined to live as idiots and sheep.

garage sale GT said:
Scotty Dog is right. I did a search>advanced search>find posts by on Ratiocinator and found he more or less only wants to link you to his food toxicity advocacy groups. The only vaguely cycling-related link is one to another cycling site, which he could have learned about after setting out to change the world by posting links to cycling sites.
Thank you for taking an interest in me. I appreciate it. I would advise you, however, to spend more time studying nutrition, instead of wasting time on my post history.

Again, I am left somewhat perplexed as to why some of you spend so much time and effort attacking me and looking for dirt on me when all I am doing is peacefully posting valid information that could benefit you all.

And before any moron posts back with a quote from one of my messages that is slightly less than stereotypically peaceful, I would advice you first to look at who initiated the tone-lowering of this thread. It certainly was not me.

garage sale GT said:
Theres always User CP>buddy/ignore lists>ignore.
Thank you for the suggestion.

garage sale GT said:
"This message is hidden because Ratiocinator is on your ignore list.</SPAN> "

Take note, people. This fool is forever destined to live as a buffoon. This dope will always have a closed mind to the truth. This moron will always behold lies and treat falsity as truth.

This dummy willfully censors reality and walks blindly in this realm only believing corporate lies!

I am glad I no longer have to deal with uninformed **** from this loser.

Ratiocinator said:
The facts and figures do not support your theory.

It is highly advisable to refrain from eating wheat. This has been mentioned in the ‘empty calories’ thread. Look it up, just like your buddy has done.

Wheat is a mucus forming, acidifying food that causes localized constipation throughout the body. There are lots of risks associated with wheat, especially with the hybridized varieties farmers use today. Research it.

Shellfish should certainly not be eaten. I bet you don’t know very much about the concentrated toxins in shellfish or the way they are farmed and caught? All animal, fish and avian flesh is toxic; it all acidifies the body, promotes a multitude of different diseases and is mucus-forming. The higher up the food chain one goes, the more concentrated the toxins are.

Humans are, after all, anatomically herbivorous. Yes, that’s right. We are herbivores and hospitals would have more free beds if the majority of people accepted this clear fact and lived according to nature:

http://www.earthsave.ca/articles/health/comparative.html

The only thing I am smoking is the truth. Your cocoon of delusion, your hole in the dirt for your head, surely is a comfortable domicile. Yeah, right up until reality comes up from behind and boots you in the ass.

Ha! I knew one of you fools would write words to that effect! You idiot. What exactly is my agenda? Compassion? Ethics? Promoting cruelty-free living? Advocating ways that would make the world a healthy and peaceful place for all species?

You hate the truth so much you are too quick in looking for a category and a pigeonhole to encage me in just to satisfy your eagerness to avoid information that you are uncomfortable with.

If you are so eager to fight me, then why not take apart the information and facts I have posted here? Why attack me, the messenger, instead of revealing errors in what I have written?

You are pathetic. What I have posted is valuable information that is lost on you, and some of the others here, because you are destined to live as idiots and sheep.
RMAO!!! :eek: i almost fell of my chair reading this

OK garage sale GT... should have listened.. the guy is actually insane...

but it was actually worth it in a way... i'm actually wiping tears out of my eyes from laughing so hard.. that was hilarious!!

i'm out!!

I shouldn't have told you what to do, doctorSpoc. I pulled my post because it was rude.

I would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that the Report SPAM button is not just for commercial advertising posts:
"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

Perhaps milk is essential for emotional stability.

Anyway.......

I have a bit of a hard time with milk myself.

I have not built the giant leg muscles of some cyclists despite riding a lot, so perhaps a big post-ride meal is not such a good idea.

I am currently trying soy protein and a sugary pop in lieu of chocolate milk. I went ahead and sprang for the protein powder on the theory that too much post-exercise nutrition can be a stressor to the body. Maybe a small, lean piece of chicken would promote recovery but you can't always buy that without a lot of extras, anyplace you choose to stop. And a small-size burger and fries will involve slow-to-digest fat as well as excess sodium.

Maybe someone can cite the chocolate milk study but I really think it's just about getting a snack involving a certain amount of protein and carbs.

This is great stuff. Thanks ratio. I think I'll have a big medium rare steak and a glass of milk for supper!:D

garage sale GT said:
Maybe someone can cite the chocolate milk study but I really think it's just about getting a snack involving a certain amount of protein and carbs.
i'll take a look for the study... but yes all you really need is a snack with 4:1 carbs to protein and within the 1st 30min after stopping exercise absorbsion is many times faster than if you wait more than an hour... chicken, ham sandwich, peanut butter and jelly... but as for me choclate milk is just too easy and i have a problem with solid/dry food right after my ride and choc milk gives the carbs, protein, and liquid... a yogurt smootie would likely do the trick too but i'm too lazy for even the minimal prep involved there...

garage sale GT said:
I have not built the giant leg muscles of some cyclists despite riding a lot, so perhaps a big post-ride meal is not such a good idea.

Giant leg muscles wont help your endurance cycling. Cycling is not a strength sport. You know how much force you apply to the pedals? stand up. Cycling is cardio.

garage sale GT said:
....Maybe someone can cite the chocolate milk study but I really think it's just about getting a snack involving a certain amount of protein and carbs.
Here's a link to the study: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/524370
but it doesn't really give you the answer you're looking for. It pretty much just says it works and has a good carb to protein ratio but doesn't define that ratio or try to explain why it works. I ran the OPs question by my wife who runs a nutrition counseling practice and holds an MSRD. Her answer was a lot like those above, get a lot of carbs, along with some protein during the critical half hour and again a couple of hours later. According to her the carb to protein ratio is debated and although a lot of folks advocate 4:1, there isn't a lot of good science backing up that particular number. But I do have to question the folks talking about protein powder and lean chicken. Whatever the ideal carb to protein ratio, it's clear that the carbs are the important part to replace depleted glycogen. Protein powder or meat won't do much for restoring the glycogen you've spent during a hard workout. Put that protein powder in a fruit smoothie maybe.....

-Dave