Choice for first bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chip3130

Information overload on the internet here. I am looking to get back into mountain biking after about
an 8 year layoff. Any suggestions on what bike to get in the $500 or less range? Or, is this range
just too low? Thanks!

it realy depends on what you want to do with it e.g. riding through your local park, riding on trails etc.

have a look at giant, they have plenty of bikes at a reasonable price.

www.giantbicycles.com

On Tue, 27 May 2003 04:55:22 GMT, chip3130 <[email protected]> wrote:

>Information overload on the internet here. I am looking to get back into mountain biking after
>about an 8 year layoff. Any suggestions on what bike to get in the $500 or less range? Or, is this
>range just too low? Thanks!

Where to you want to ride, and for how long?

Barry

chip3130 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Information overload on the internet here. I am looking to get back into mountain biking after
> about an 8 year layoff. Any suggestions on what bike to get in the $500 or less range? Or, is this
> range just too low? Thanks!

One that fits. Getting hung up on a particular brand is foolish.

JD

"chip3130" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Information overload on the internet here. I am looking to get back into mountain biking after
> about an 8 year layoff. Any suggestions on what bike to get in the $500 or less range? Or, is this

Hey, I'm also new to mountain biking, and the kind folks here directed me to
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2003_hardtail/index_byprice.shtml. You can see peer-reviews of mountain
bikes sorted by price, to see what's good in your price range. BTW, I just bought a Gary Fisher
Wahoo, have ridden it for a month now, and have been very happy with it. But I'm not stump-jumping
with it yet either!

det

> Hey, I'm also new to mountain biking, and the kind folks here directed me to
> http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2003_hardtail/index_byprice.shtml. You can see peer-reviews of
> mountain bikes sorted by price, to see what's good in your price range. BTW, I just bought a Gary
> Fisher Wahoo, have ridden it for a month now, and have been very happy with
> it. But I'm not stump-jumping with it yet either!
>
> det

Great site! Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the replies from everyone.

chip3130 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

Have a look at the Raleigh M-80. It's in the $500 range, and is definitely a nicely equipped bike.
Out of all the bikes we offer in that range(Trek, Specialized, Cannondale, and Raleigh), it's the
best "bang for the buck".

Frame is aluminum, which is pretty standard, and it comes with a Rock Shox fork. The best part about
the bike is the abundance of Shimano Deore LX parts on it. Shift levers, ft and rr derailleur's, and
crankset are LX components. The wheelset seems to be pretty solidly built as well. We've sold a ton
of these bikes to guys and girls doing some off-roading and they've held up very well.

Best of luck, and have fun!

Steve Spokes, Etc. www.spokesetc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.