Choice of books on training for cyclists

Blair P. Houghton

Guest
I saw these titles in an LBS the other day. Anyone got
any reviews?

1. _The Lance Armstrong Training Program_ (Only didn't buy it instantly
because it only counts 5 of his TdF wins...I'm waiting for the sequel
with the GOOD info in it).

2. _The Cyclists Training Bible_

The titles are approximate; I was taking quick notes into a Palm,
not photographing the LoC page.

--Blair
"Broke 21mph over a lap today with
only 10 weeks back in the saddle.
Maybe I don't need no steenking
books."

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 04:58:17 GMT, Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:

>I saw these titles in an LBS the other day. Anyone got
>any reviews?
>
>1. _The Lance Armstrong Training Program_
>
>2. _The Cyclists Training Bible_

If you are racing are racing, the latter book is extremely good.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

John Forrest Tomlinson <[email protected]> wrote:
>On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 04:58:17 GMT, Blair P. Houghton <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I saw these titles in an LBS the other day. Anyone got
>>any reviews?
>>
>>1. _The Lance Armstrong Training Program_
>>
>>2. _The Cyclists Training Bible_

>If you are racing are racing, the latter book is extremely good.

I'm thinking about racing again, but the way I got smoked
yesterday (I was just past the end of my last training lap
and yipping over the time I'd set, and there was a group
of three guys ahead of me so I spin past them at full
cadence - maybe 23 mph in my current state - instead of
warming-down, and I guess they took offense, because half
a mile later the big one with the Deutsche Bank jersey and
the real-deal gastrocnemeii slams past me doing about 28
sitting down on a short 10% grade I was huffing up...) I
think I'm going to need time and an objective methodology.

--Blair
"Unless you're the guy handing out
the little yellow wrist bands, you
have reason to be humble."