Choice of frames

artnolis

Jan 23, 2004
Pinarello Dogma FP 2005, Colnago HM 2005, or Time VXRS 2005.
What frame to buy?

Holy moly! :eek:

Has father christmas arrived early down under this year.

All excellent frames. Having said that, I would go with the Pinarello Dogma - great frame, top pro cred (Petacchi rides one!) and none of the weird Colnago paint jobs! :cool:

Have fun riding!

artnolis said:
What frame to buy?
If you have to ask, maybe a Huffy is a better choice. That's a better answer than all the BS and lame opinion you will get anyway.

Powerful Pete said:
Holy moly! :eek:

Has father christmas arrived early down under this year.
!

YIKES!!! you're not bloody wrong, matey :p

by crikey!!!!

I can't imagine all three of those frames being anything less than GREAT, so I'd go for the best looking.

I can't find the Colnago HM on their web site.

artnolis said:
I too have no idea what a colnago HM is, and the link above does not go to one. It sent me to a Colnago C50 (which makes sense based on the other two frames). All of the frames you mentioned are pretty serious (and expensive). I can't imagine you could go wrong with any of them. This is a dream scenario for me, but I would choose the Dogma FP. I have never ridden any of them, and this is based purley on asthetics, but Pinarellos are the most beautiful bikes I have ever seen. Especially the Dogma with the graceful curves of its Onda fork and carbon seat stays. But seriously, each of these bikes feel and ride very differently because they use different materials, and if you are going to drop that much money on a frame you should try to test ride each before making a decision.

gerardbjr said:
I too have no idea what a colnago HM is, and the link above does not go to one. It sent me to a Colnago C50 (which makes sense based on the other two frames). All of the frames you mentioned are pretty serious (and expensive). I can't imagine you could go wrong with any of them. This is a dream scenario for me, but I would choose the Dogma FP. I have never ridden any of them, and this is based purley on asthetics, but Pinarellos are the most beautiful bikes I have ever seen. Especially the Dogma with the graceful curves of its Onda fork and carbon seat stays. But seriously, each of these bikes feel and ride very differently because they use different materials, and if you are going to drop that much money on a frame you should try to test ride each before making a decision.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=PRODUCT&PRODUCT.ID=1249

artnolis said:
What frame to buy?
I have three Pinarello's so you know my answer. One question I would ask is what do you plan on using it for. I know the Dogma will sprint like a scalded cheetah, but it's not the lightest bike (but no heavyweight either) of the three. The Time is an intriguing frame with the wider steerer at the crown and integrated seatpost. Not traditional by any means. The Colnago is a piece of art as well with a great pedigree. Really tough choice, like trying to decide which Sports Illustrated swimsuit model you want to go out with...
:cool:

I plan to use the frame for Critermeriums and sum short road race's up to 120km . Do you have an idea of the weight of a Pinarello Dogma FP 57cm

Thank's

artnolis said:
I plan to use the frame for Critermeriums and sum short road race's up to 120km . Do you have an idea of the weight of a Pinarello Dogma FP 57cm

Thank's
Three pounds on the nose for the 57. The fork is .89 lbs. 3.89 for frame and fork which is the same weight as my Pinarello Opera frame only. Built with Record and Campy Proton Wheels my bike is 18 lbs. If you go with Record, carbon cranks and lighter wheels, you will probably have a bike in the 16 lb range. And super fast too. I hope I don't have to race you.

artnolis said:

Thank's
Log on to competitivecyclist.com and you can build it to your specs with the total weight calculated.

artnolis said:
I plan to use the frame for Critermeriums and sum short road race's up to 120km .

Thank's
Sheeot,get a disposable Cdale aluminum frame and pocket some dinero for beer.

PeterF said:
Three pounds on the nose for the 57. The fork is .89 lbs. 3.89 for frame and fork which is the same weight as my Pinarello Opera frame only.
Curious that the opera has been advertived a 2.9 pounds.Someone saw you coming and put in in ya if you bought something that piggy for so much money. :rolleyes:

boudreaux said:
Curious that the opera has been advertived a 2.9 pounds.Someone saw you coming and put in in ya if you bought something that piggy for so much money. :rolleyes:
I knew it was a 3.9 lb frame when I bought it, maybe the 47cm frame is 2.9. Former display model, never ridden. Paid $975 for the frame, fork and carbon seatpost. I love steel and at 220 lbs I'm not that concerned about the weight. It soaks up the road and it is a pleasure to ride. I use the aluminum bike for crits.