CHOLESTEROL CONTENT OF COMMON FOODS LISTED HERE

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Dr. Jai Maharaj, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Cholesterol Content of Common Foods
    in milligrams per 100 gram portion

    ANIMAL FOOD PLANT FOOD

    Eggs, whole 550 All grains 0
    Kidney, beef 375 All vegetables 0
    Liver, beef 300 All nuts 0
    Butter 250 All seeds 0
    Oysters 200 All legumes 0
    Cream Cheese 120 All vegetable oils 0
    Lard 95
    Beefsteak 70
    Lamb 70
    Pork 70
    Chicken 60
    Ice Cream 45

    Pennington, J., Food Values of Portions Commonly Used,
    Harper & Row, N.Y., 1985.

    Jai Maharaj
    http://www.mantra.com/jai
    Om Shanti

    Panchaang for 24 Ashadh 5104, Tuesday, July 22, 2003:

    Shubhanu Nama Samvatsare Dakshinaya Nartana Ritau
    Kark Mase Krishna Pakshe Mangal Vasara Yuktayam
    Bharani Nakshatr Shool-Ganda Yog
    Gar-Vanij Karan Navami-Dashami Yam Tithau

    Hindu Holocaust Museum
    http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

    Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
    http://www.hindu.org
    http://www.hindunet.org

    The truth about Islam and Muslims
    http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

    o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the
    educational purposes of research and open discussion. The contents of
    this post may not have been authored by, and do not necessarily represent
    the opinion of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright law
    and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
    considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
    current e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number.
    o Posted for information and discussion. Views expressed by others
    are not necessarily those of the poster.

    Tags:

  2. Anth

    Anth Guest

    There's other stuff we need from animal produce. i.e. we need animal
    products to live.
    Anth

    "Dr. Jai Maharaj" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Cholesterol Content of Common Foods
    > in milligrams per 100 gram portion
    >
    > ANIMAL FOOD PLANT FOOD
    >
    > Eggs, whole 550 All grains 0
    > Kidney, beef 375 All vegetables 0
    > Liver, beef 300 All nuts 0
    > Butter 250 All seeds 0
    > Oysters 200 All legumes 0
    > Cream Cheese 120 All vegetable oils 0
    > Lard 95
    > Beefsteak 70
    > Lamb 70
    > Pork 70
    > Chicken 60
    > Ice Cream 45
    >
    > Pennington, J., Food Values of Portions Commonly Used,
    > Harper & Row, N.Y., 1985.
    >
    > Jai Maharaj
    > http://www.mantra.com/jai
    > Om Shanti
    >
    > Panchaang for 24 Ashadh 5104, Tuesday, July 22, 2003:
    >
    > Shubhanu Nama Samvatsare Dakshinaya Nartana Ritau
    > Kark Mase Krishna Pakshe Mangal Vasara Yuktayam
    > Bharani Nakshatr Shool-Ganda Yog
    > Gar-Vanij Karan Navami-Dashami Yam Tithau
    >
    > Hindu Holocaust Museum
    > http://www.mantra.com/holocaust
    >
    > Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
    > http://www.hindu.org
    > http://www.hindunet.org
    >
    > The truth about Islam and Muslims
    > http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate
    >
    > o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the
    > educational purposes of research and open discussion. The contents of
    > this post may not have been authored by, and do not necessarily represent
    > the opinion of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright law
    > and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
    > o If you send private e-mail to me, it will likely not be read,
    > considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
    > current e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number.
    > o Posted for information and discussion. Views expressed by others
    > are not necessarily those of the poster.

  3. Al. Lohse

    Al. Lohse Guest

    "Dr. Jai Maharaj" wrote:

    > Cholesterol Content of Common Foods
    > in milligrams per 100 gram portion
    >
    > ANIMAL FOOD PLANT FOOD
    >
    > Eggs, whole 550 All grains 0
    > Kidney, beef 375 All vegetables 0
    > Liver, beef 300 All nuts 0
    > Butter 250 All seeds 0
    > Oysters 200 All legumes 0
    > Cream Cheese 120 All vegetable oils 0
    > Lard 95
    > Beefsteak 70
    > Lamb 70
    > Pork 70
    > Chicken 60
    > Ice Cream 45
    >
    > Pennington, J., Food Values of Portions Commonly Used,
    > Harper & Row, N.Y., 1985.
    >
    > Jai Maharaj

    <<<<<<< snip >>>>>>>>

    With such low cholesterol in vegetables and
    the fact that most East Indians are
    vegetarians, coronary heart disease must be
    unheard of there.

    True?

    A.L.

  4. Al. Lohse

    Al. Lohse Guest

    Does a diet low in cholesterol prevent heart
    disease?

    From:
    http://web.mid-day.com/news/otherheadlines/2003/march/47226.htm

    We get:
    ==================== Start Quote
    ==============================
    * By 2020, India will have the largest
    cardiovascular disease burden.

    * Over 45 million patients suffer from
    coronary artery disease in India and
    one-fifth die due to heart disease.

    * Many young Indians are falling prey to
    coronary artery disease. With millions hooked
    to a roller-coaster lifestyle, the future
    looks even grimmer.

    * This is despite the fact that nearly half
    of Indians them are lifelong vegetarians.

    * Over 30,000 angioplasties were performed in
    India last year across 130 centres of which
    Mumbai accounted for 6,500-7,000 surgeries."
    ==================== End Quote
    ==============================

    "* This is despite the fact that nearly half
    of Indians them are lifelong vegetarians. "

    This is a shame. If a diet low in cholesterol
    reduced "serum" cholesterol and thereby
    reduced coronary heart disease (CHD or CAD),
    the Indians would be first to know!

    The first Indian I ever met (34 years ago)
    had just finished his Phd. in Animal Science.
    He told me, to my own disbelief at that time,
    that a vegetarian diet is incomplete because
    it is lacking certain proteins available only
    in animals.

    An unfortunate fact is that all people alive
    today will have had a string of successful
    hunters in their ancestry.

    A.L.
    (Godda answer your own enquiries around here.
    :-( )