choosing groupset (mirage 9s vs veloce 10s

scott adf man

Apr 23, 2004
hey,

i am looking to buy a new groupset 4 my 2004 scott adf expert, which is running sora grearing and a ritchey ocr wcs 03' wheelset. i want to make the switch to campagnolo equiptment ( ridden a couple of bikes with it and like its shifter better) and was thinking of mirage nine sp or veloce 10 sp what would be best for me as i am just a recreational cyclist, also is there some sort of adaptor or cluster offered by campag (or 3rd party) that will let me use my existing wheels ( im an aussie so any info on were to source bits would be gr8) as i can't aford to by a new set as i just bought these ritchey wheels

I'd go with the Veloce 10 - nicer levers and it'll be compatible with the higher end 10-speed Campag groups, so if/when your budget allows you can stick nicer derailleurs on, upgrade the shifters etc.

As far as I'm aware, a Shimano cassette should work OK with the Campag stuff, so if you can't find an adapter or something, it's not the end of the world. Mavic make a cassette called the M10, which might be worth checking out - unfortunately I don;t know its exact specs though. Hope this helps - enjoy the new kit!

I'm riding Mirage/Veloce 9's mix. The derailleur and shifters are Mirage and the drivetrain is Veloce. The Mirage shifters are okay but the plastic levers look tacky and I wonder if the alloy brake levers on Veloce would be stiffer and offer better brake feel and performance.