Chorus 2004 Lever upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Justin F. Knotz

Well I crashed yesterday. Turns out SpeedPlays don't give as much clearance as I originally thought.
Swerved right then bounced hard left and slid some 10 meters. Damn that hurt.

That crash and a few others over the past 3 years have cut up my brake hoods and levers. They
work fine but they look nasty.

I see that the 2004 Chorus will have CF levers like the 2003 Record. Will it be possible to
simply replace the actual levers on my 2001 Chorus with the new levers or am I better off
replacing the entire brake lever, hoods, index shifter and all?

Thanks

J

--
Justin F. Knotzke [email protected] http://www.shampoo.ca

"Justin F. Knotzke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Well I crashed yesterday. Turns out SpeedPlays don't give as much clearance as I originally
> thought. Swerved right then bounced hard left and slid some 10 meters. Damn that hurt.
>
> That crash and a few others over the past 3 years have cut up my brake hoods and levers. They
> work fine but they look nasty.
>
> I see that the 2004 Chorus will have CF levers like the 2003 Record. Will it be possible to
> simply replace the actual levers on my 2001 Chorus with the new levers or am I better off
> replacing the entire brake lever, hoods, index shifter and all?
>
Haven't seen the 2004 Chorus ergo levers yet, but all parts are available for all Campy ergo levers,
including parts for 2003 Record. The problem is cost. Its probably going to be cheaper for you to
replace the entire shifter than to buy individual pieces. However, if you must, you may want to
contact someone who deals with ergo levers and not only knows what works, but has or can get the
parts. One person to contact is Peter Chisholm at www.vecchios.com

> Haven't seen the 2004 Chorus ergo levers yet

A summary of the parts for 2004 can be found at: http://www.campyonly.com/rumors/2004_lineup.html

Very nice stuff and upgrades through the lines, can't see Shimano selling much (non EOM) stuff
next year.

"bfd" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Justin F. Knotzke" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Well I crashed yesterday. Turns out SpeedPlays don't give as much clearance as I originally
> > thought. Swerved right then bounced hard left and slid some 10 meters. Damn that hurt.
> >
> > That crash and a few others over the past 3 years have cut up my brake hoods and levers.
> > They work fine but they look nasty.
> >
> > I see that the 2004 Chorus will have CF levers like the 2003 Record. Will it be possible to
> > simply replace the actual levers on my 2001 Chorus with the new levers or am I better off
> > replacing the entire brake lever, hoods, index shifter and all?
> >
> Haven't seen the 2004 Chorus ergo levers yet, but all parts are available for all Campy ergo
> levers, including parts for 2003 Record. The problem is cost. Its probably going to be cheaper for
> you to replace the entire shifter than to buy individual pieces. However, if you must, you may
> want to contact someone who deals with ergo levers and not only knows what works, but has or can
> get the parts. One person to contact is Peter Chisholm at www.vecchios.com

justin-<< I see that the 2004 Chorus will have CF levers like the 2003 Record. Will it be possible
to simply replace the actual levers on my 2001 Chorus with the new levers or am I better off
replacing the entire brake lever, hoods, index shifter and all? >><BR><BR>

Not sure what you are asking since you can put 2003 ERGO 'parts' onto your ERGO lever now, like a
brake lever. It is cheaper to replace what is broken or marred up. The bodies are the same, Record
to Chorus as is the guts. The only difference is the shift lever and the brake lever.

2004 Chorus will be relabeled 2003 Record.

Surprised once again at 2004 DA, which will be a real yawner compared to 2004 Chorus, IMO...and more
expensive than Chorus as well. With a carbon crank, it will be about the same.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

<quote who= Qui si parla Campagnolo [email protected]/>:

> Not sure what you are asking since you can put 2003 ERGO 'parts' onto your ERGO lever now, like a
> brake lever. It is cheaper to replace what is broken or marred up. The bodies are the same, Record
> to Chorus as is the guts. The only difference is the shift lever and the brake lever.

The brake lever is marred up. The rest of the guts, hoods etc are fine. I just want to replace
the actual lever and shifter to 2004 Chorus. I'm happy to hear that it will be cheaper then the
entire Ergo.

Thanks

J

--
Justin F. Knotzke [email protected] http://www.shampoo.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.