Chorus 8 speed query

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Peter Flinn, Apr 13, 2003.

  1. Peter Flinn

    Peter Flinn Guest

    I have a number of unused 1997/1998 8 speed cassettes. Does anyone know whether there is still a hub
    out there which will match (I can't seem to locate a chorus 98 8 speed hub), or should I just
    finally cave in and upgrade to 10 speed altogether? (There was nothing wrong with 7 speeds....still
    only used about 3 or 4 of the sprockets regularly anyway)

    Thanks in advance,

    Peter Flinn

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Peter Flinn wrote:
    > I have a number of unused 1997/1998 8 speed cassettes. Does anyone know whether there is still a
    > hub out there which will match (I can't seem to locate a chorus 98 8 speed hub),

    I would either find an 8sp hub* or wheel (doesn't have to be Chorus, could be Record or Athena,
    etc), or sell the cassettes.

    * used or from www.parker-international.co.uk/components.htm - hubs (I don't know if any US
    suppliers have any left?)

    > or should I just finally cave in and upgrade to 10 speed altogether? (There was nothing wrong with
    > 7 speeds....still only used about 3 or 4 of the sprockets regularly anyway)

    Doesn't have to be 10sp. New up-to-date 9sp Campag equipment is still available, and the hubs take
    both 9 and 10 speed cassettes.

    ~PB

  3. Peter-<< I have a number of unused 1997/1998 8 speed cassettes. Does anyone know whether there is
    still a hub out there which will match (I can't seem to locate a chorus 98 8 speed hub),

    Well, in 1998 Chorus was 9s, 1997 as well...1996 was the last year for Chorus as 8s-I have a new
    Chorus 8s hub-32 hole.

    Campagnolo still makes 8s cassettes, BTW-