Chorus Brake Spring?

andy

Guest
I just mounted a chorus rear brake and it appears to have a weaker spring
than the shimano brakes I am more accustomed to. The brake almost
feels/looks like there is drag in the cable housing, which there isn't. The
brake was purchased used, it appeared clean but I lubed it w/ no
improvement. Is there any adjustment to the pivot points? Is this normal?
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Andy

It has removed 859 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!

andy <trifox13atcovaddotnet> wrote:
> I just mounted a chorus rear brake and it appears to have a weaker spring
> than the shimano brakes I am more accustomed to. The brake almost
> feels/looks like there is drag in the cable housing, which there isn't. The
> brake was purchased used, it appeared clean but I lubed it w/ no
> improvement. Is there any adjustment to the pivot points? Is this normal?

The pivot is serviceabel and contains a small ball bearring on chorus
and record brakes. You should be albe to find a diagram on Camagnolos
website.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

andy wrote:
> I just mounted a chorus rear brake and it appears to have a weaker spring
> than the shimano brakes I am more accustomed to. The brake almost
> feels/looks like there is drag in the cable housing, which there isn't. The
> brake was purchased used, it appeared clean but I lubed it w/ no
> improvement. Is there any adjustment to the pivot points? Is this normal?
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks,
> Andy

Yep, take it apart, lube and reassemble. If still a problem bend the
spring out. may because of the lever you are using, if it's a non
Campag one.