Chorus Crank/Salsa Chainring Compatability

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Phil B., Apr 16, 2005.

  1. Phil B.

    Phil B. Guest

    Hi Folks -

    I've been decommissioning my Soulcraft, with 2004 Chorus 10spd, to use
    some of the group on my new Saluki, if it _ever_ gets finished.

    In the course of things I'd decided to run the Soulcraft as a fixer. I
    purchased a Salsa 45T 135 BCD to replace the original 53T.

    The bolt holes line up perfectly, but the ring itself wont fit on the
    crank. It seems the Salsa has extra material preventing it from
    getting past the stepped slots on the crank web.

    Should I return the ring, or breakdown and buy a dremel ?

    Thanks for your input.

    Phil

    Tags:

  2. waal

    waal Guest

    "Phil B." <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]
    > Hi Folks -
    >
    > I've been decommissioning my Soulcraft, with 2004 Chorus 10spd, to use
    > some of the group on my new Saluki, if it _ever_ gets finished.

    That would be cruelty to animals

    Michael

  3. Phil B. wrote:
    > Hi Folks -
    >
    > I've been decommissioning my Soulcraft, with 2004 Chorus 10spd, to use
    > some of the group on my new Saluki, if it _ever_ gets finished.
    >
    > In the course of things I'd decided to run the Soulcraft as a fixer. I
    > purchased a Salsa 45T 135 BCD to replace the original 53T.
    >
    > The bolt holes line up perfectly, but the ring itself wont fit on the
    > crank. It seems the Salsa has extra material preventing it from
    > getting past the stepped slots on the crank web.
    >
    > Should I return the ring, or breakdown and buy a dremel ?
    >
    > Thanks for your input.
    >
    > Phil

    I'd say return it and get a TA ring. The only crank around that is 135mm
    is Campagnolo and if the 135mm Salsa ring doesn't really fit, what's the
    point?

  4. Phil B. wrote:
    > Hi Folks -
    >
    > I've been decommissioning my Soulcraft, with 2004 Chorus 10spd, to use
    > some of the group on my new Saluki, if it _ever_ gets finished.
    >
    > In the course of things I'd decided to run the Soulcraft as a fixer. I
    > purchased a Salsa 45T 135 BCD to replace the original 53T.
    >
    > The bolt holes line up perfectly, but the ring itself wont fit on the
    > crank. It seems the Salsa has extra material preventing it from
    > getting past the stepped slots on the crank web.
    >
    > Should I return the ring, or breakdown and buy a dremel ?

    Ask the LBS to cut it a bit, and it'll work.
    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training