Chris Carmichael on NPR

Arthur Ogus

Guest
In a bland and mostly contentless interview on NPR today, Carmichael said "He (Lance) made some some
mistakes in his warmup and preparation for the ITT yesterday."

Isn't Carmichael, as coach, partly responsible for these preparations? Shouldn't he have saide "we
made some mistakes"? And how could Lance and he, famed for their meticulous preparation have made
such a mistake? It reminds me of how Indurain, in his last tour, "bonked" on one of the climbs, and
went on to lose the race. I fear the problems run deeper than just a mistake in preparation.

This tour is, in my opinion, wide open. I'm not disappointed in Lance, since winning the tour is
incredibly hard, but I am disappointed in Carmichael.

In article <190720031802452335%[email protected]>, Arthur Ogus <[email protected]> wrote:

> In a bland and mostly contentless interview on NPR today, Carmichael said "He (Lance) made some
> some mistakes in his warmup and preparation for the ITT yesterday."
>
> Isn't Carmichael, as coach, partly responsible for these preparations? Shouldn't he have saide "we
> made some mistakes"? And how could Lance and he, famed for their meticulous preparation have made
> such a mistake? It reminds me of how Indurain, in his last tour, "bonked" on one of the climbs,
> and went on to lose the race. I fear the problems run deeper than just a mistake in preparation.
>
> This tour is, in my opinion, wide open. I'm not disappointed in Lance, since winning the tour is
> incredibly hard, but I am disappointed in Carmichael.

Ferrari is Lance's coach, not CC. Chris is Lance's friend and Lance wants to help him get publicity
and credibility for his company (that Lance is also a part owner in).

-WG

Carmichael's success is attached directly to Lance's. When Lance finally rides off into the sunset,
CTS will diminish rapidly. So, Chris is hoping beyond Hope that lnace pulls this one out. Which
looks unlikely. Greg

warren <[email protected]> wrote:
> Ferrari is Lance's coach, not CC. Chris is Lance's friend and Lance wants to help him get
> publicity and credibility for his company (that Lance is also a part owner in).
>
> -WG

You are truly clueless, Warren. Truly. Clueless. Dumber even than those backwoods bubbas that went
all "GOSH-DARN-SHUCKS, WHUT WAS THAT?" about those stubby cans of Coke, you know?

Come back next year after you wake up from your

warren <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<190720031901517019%

> Ferrari is Lance's coach, not CC. Chris is Lance's friend and Lance wants to help him get
> publicity and credibility for his company (that Lance is also a part owner in).

Okay, okay, can you shut up about this? We know you have a big hate on for Chris Carmichael.

" I'm not disappointed in Lance,
> since winning the tour is incredibly hard, but I am disappointed in Carmichael.

Are you bashing Carmichael because:

1. you can't afford his services

or

2. you did pay for his services but you are disappointed that he didn't turn you into
another Lance.

Which is it?

How about because a **** who pushed dope on minors while dangling the hopes of pro contracts under
their nose... Once a scumbag, always a scumbag.

news:<[email protected]>...
> " I'm not disappointed in Lance,
> > since winning the tour is incredibly hard, but I am disappointed in Carmichael.
>
> Are you bashing Carmichael because:
>
> 1. you can't afford his services
>
> or
>
> 2. you did pay for his services but you are disappointed that he didn't turn you into another
> Lance.
>
> Which is it?

In article <[email protected]>, Julio Steen
<[email protected]> wrote:

> warren <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Ferrari is Lance's coach, not CC. Chris is Lance's friend and Lance wants to help him get
> > publicity and credibility for his company (that Lance is also a part owner in).
> >
> > -WG
>
> You are truly clueless, Warren. Truly. Clueless. Dumber even than those backwoods bubbas that went
> all "GOSH-DARN-SHUCKS, WHUT WAS THAT?" about those stubby cans of Coke, you know?
>
> Come back next year after you wake up from your

I think it's more accurate to rely on what CC and Lance say in private.

-WG

In article <[email protected]>, Amit <[email protected]> wrote:

> warren <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<190720031901517019%
>

> > Ferrari is Lance's coach, not CC. Chris is Lance's friend and Lance wants to help him get
> > publicity and credibility for his company (that Lance is also a part owner in).
> >

> Okay, okay, can you shut up about this? We know you have a big hate on for Chris Carmichael.

Not at all. He's done alot of good and so has his company, but he does misrepresent his abilities
in public.

-WG