Chris Froome

SKY, the TV Channel, tonight are getting their propaganda out earlier.

"Back in Yellow" is a one hour long programme showing Froome's comeback to this years TDF.

There's a definite sense of deja vu about all of this. With Sir Dave Brailsford playing a Johann Bruyneel part in the propaganda piece.

CAMPYBOB said:
Tony Martin caused his own moronic crash. Anyone he took out was as much a victim as G.

Downhill?

You're the one on drugs. Where's the "hill"?

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7raIxrzodt4[/media]

I see no climb or descent in either direction.

Next: Killer Tailwind Propels Pro's To High Speed Crash.
You don't see things because of extreme old age...

The peloton were cruising at 50kph chilling before the hill nearby and Barguil just cruises up the outside a good 10kph faster with not a ton of apparent effort and almost breaks some kids neck by cutting in too soon.

It ain't rocket science - the road was tilting downhill which is why skinny whippet was riding at "sprint lead out train" speeds.

jhuskey said:
It's not just Froome that raises the alarm. Porte shows all the characteristics of past cyclists that were not clean. The ability to spend yourself and then come back time after time with uncanny recovery. Coincidence? Only for me to
speculate. I would like to believe that the entire peloton is clean, I don't but I would like to.
Porte was exceptionally strong.

You've highlighted the point, how can a rider recover and recover umpteen times with no sign of tiring?

2007 TDF when Vino and Klodi both crashed in the same stage.
Vino crawling along the ground with his knees in ribbons.

8 stages later, Vino blows the field away in the ITT. But gets busted subsequently because he doped.

swampy1970 said:
You don't see things because of extreme old age...

The peloton were cruising at 50kph chilling before the hill nearby and Barguil just cruises up the outside a good 10kph faster with not a ton of apparent effort and almost breaks some kids neck by cutting in too soon.

It ain't rocket science - the road was tilting downhill which is why skinny whippet was riding at "sprint lead out train" speeds.

Barguil seemed to be a constant as the cause of crashes this year. He caused at least two, this one and the one with Thomas

Reactions: steve
"You don't see things because of extreme old age..."

You're hallucinating.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdTiNthSgqA[/media]

Quote by Lim:
""Back in Yellow" is a one hour long programme showing Froome's comeback to this years TDF."

Will this be on YouTube anytime soon?

CAMPYBOB said:
Dave Railsforth: "Chris has a 'unique physiology'!'.

Is that something like a heart the size of a football?

Froome looked a little spent those last two days in the Alps. They probably were riding on residual chemistry by that point. It looks like most of the peloton is on something as yet untested for just looking at the speed of that crash on...What was it? Stage 3? I've gone down on motorcycles and not slid that damn far. THAT was freaking fast. Just who the Hell can sit up front and motor that hard for that long without the rocket fuel? Is every other domestique an ITT champion nowadays as well a being a super-climber to assist the boss on the steep stuff too?

"Unique physiology", my skinny white ass.
Yup. Gone are the days when you could load up to a 60% hct level, and walk around with blood the consistency of molasses. They have to be more judicious now. There was also that surprise 6:30 AM visit from Doping Control, and all the whispers in the media. OK guys, they're on to what we're doing, scale back.

Lim, thanks. I doubt I'll get it on the little screen, but I'll try. Sometimes the sports TV blog sites find a way to get broadcasts to the States.

Does Paul Kimmage believe in Sky and Froome? Let's check out his response to Walsh's latest article defending Sky.

@PaulKimmage: @OrangSoul @ST_Sport Orang, I am adamantly stating we're having our plonker pulled.

BroDeal said:
Does Paul Kimmage believe in Sky and Froome? Let's check out his response to Walsh's latest article defending Sky.

@PaulKimmage: @OrangSoul @ST_Sport Orang, I am adamantly stating we're having our plonker pulled.
Good to see you back posting here.

Froome made an appearance here in Dublin today. Lots of media interest.

Kimmage has actually fallen out with Dave Walsh regarding SKY.

And as this thread shows, this is what's wrong with professional cycling these days and I think the reputation as been tarnished that badly that it will never recover. Chris Froome or any cyclists in the future could be tested and found to be 100% clean and people will always have doubts in their mind from now on. It shouldn't be up to the cyclist to prove they're clean, it should be up to the sport to prove that they're not, and with the sport being in the dissary that it is at the moment they can't do that.

Nobody will know if the performance of team sky and Froome in particular was enhanced in any way apart from the people involved, and while his performance was outstanding, while that does raise concerns, at the same time he is an outstanding cyclist and athlete, so it isn't unreasonable to think he really is just that much better than the rest of them may the moment.