Chris King Hubs

jbbobj

Nov 23, 2004
I just had a set of wheels built with Chris King hubs. The rear wheel feels "tight", sometimes when I am just walking the bike back to the car the cranks start to turn and when I put my bike up on the stand and spin the rear wheel it stops spinning quickly (all this besides the fact the the rear hub makes a weird scream when I coast, which the guy at the LBS assures me is "normal").

Any thoughts?

thx!

jbbobj said:
I just had a set of wheels built with Chris King hubs. The rear wheel feels "tight", sometimes when I am just walking the bike back to the car the cranks start to turn and when I put my bike up on the stand and spin the rear wheel it stops spinning quickly (all this besides the fact the the rear hub makes a weird scream when I coast, which the guy at the LBS assures me is "normal").

Any thoughts?

thx!
The noise comes free with the hubs. The bearings might need some adjustment.

jbbobj said:

Any thoughts?

thx!
If the screaming is "normal" then you should take the front wheel back for servicing as it is not behaving normally. Think about that one for a minute. :rolleyes:

Seriously, although the rear hub does have more drag than the front hub, it should not spin down immediately. Something is amiss.