Chris "Slowdio" Evans...a 16 mph liar!



R

raffiman

Guest
Chris has boasted how he is a 46.5 mph rider and yet on his "hpv vs. canoe" ride, it has been disclosed how he really fared:

http://www.lmb.org/mhpva/newsletter/2004-09/page3.htm

"....finally I was struggling to maintain 20 mph. Somewhere out there I saw another bike ahead. It looked like a recumbent! It had a big tailbox! It was Chris Evans, on his VK2 with RazzFazz tailbox. As I passed him, he complained that his legs were dead. Bonked, he was only able to manage 16 mph or so."

Raffi
 

billgout

New Member
Oct 11, 2004
15
0
0
raffiman said:
Chris has boasted how he is a 46.5 mph rider and yet on his "hpv vs. canoe" ride, it has been disclosed how he really fared:

http://www.lmb.org/mhpva/newsletter/2004-09/page3.htm

"....finally I was struggling to maintain 20 mph. Somewhere out there I saw another bike ahead. It looked like a recumbent! It had a big tailbox! It was Chris Evans, on his VK2 with RazzFazz tailbox. As I passed him, he complained that his legs were dead. Bonked, he was only able to manage 16 mph or so."

Raffi

Raffi,

Isn't the author, John Foltz the one claiming to have ridden the Hilly Hundred at a dismal 17 mph average? Apparantly these 2 yo-yo's are limited to recreational riding FOG (fat ol'geezer) paces. Shouldn't they be posting on BROL?

Bill
 

okeedokie

New Member
Nov 30, 2004
3
0
0
billgout said:
Raffi,

Isn't the author, John Foltz the one claiming to have ridden the Hilly Hundred at a dismal 17 mph average? Apparantly these 2 yo-yo's are limited to recreational riding FOG (fat ol'geezer) paces. Shouldn't they be posting on BROL?

Bill

Bill and Raffi,

I've been reading your posts as well as Blazinpedal's, Johnny Nocom's and Slowdio's. Have visited the url's seeing your bikes and have come to these conclusions:

1) The Bikes with those fat things on back look like obese guppies.
2) The carbon NoCom is worthy of display in the Smithsonian

The issue of appearances certainly favor Johnny.

==================================

1) Slowdio and has publicly claimed some phenomenal speeds, 46.5 mph on flat windless grounds.
2) Raffi then challenges Slowdio to duplicate this feat at a recognized venue, the Northbrook 2005 velodrome hpv races with a 10 thousand dollar purse .
3) Slowdio chooses not to participate.

I'm impressed with Raffi's gracious challenge. Where else would we see whether or not Slowdio can in fact do what he claims? I see no "keyboard racing," nor bull when one puts hard cold cash on the line.

Chaulk one up for Raffi.

===================================

1) Slowdio and Blazingpedals posts how they constantly pass traditional riders.
2) Investigating the results from the Avita Black Bear ride we see how both of them were decimated.

Chaulk one up for the upright community.

===================================

1) Slowdio and Blazingpedals brags about passing Frankie Andreu at the Hilly Hundred.
2) Facts are, this is one of the most beautiful Fall "invitationals" one could attend with live music at all the rest stops, wonderful scenery, and superb comraiderie.

The riders and participants at the Hilly EXCLUDING Slowdio and Baloneypedals win this one.

===================================

In conclusion:

I see these two wannabees desperately seeking balance and recognition in their dismal cycling lives, attempting to impress others with outrageous claims without substantiation, and earning a undisputed reputation for lying. Relegating themselves to beat up on ordinary women and children on a festive invitational is the last straw. I have no pity for morons endangering others. The world would be better off without them.

Okeedokie
 
T

Tom Sherman

Guest
okeedokie wrote:

> Bill and Raffi,
>
> I've been reading your posts as well as Blazinpedal's, Johnny Nocom's
> and Slowdio's....


Yes, Monkey Island has once again sunk beneath the waves.

--
Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.
 

lowracervk2

New Member
Oct 23, 2004
77
0
0
Tom Sherman said:
okeedokie wrote:

> Bill and Raffi,
>
> I've been reading your posts as well as Blazinpedal's, Johnny Nocom's
> and Slowdio's....


Yes, Monkey Island has once again sunk beneath the waves.

--
Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.
It makes me wonder just how many multiple personalities Johhny nocom has?
lets see, he is also raffi and bill gout and now this okdokee fellow with one post.
With no cage of their own, they must go and mess with others. I used to respect the HPV organization and their races. But with dickheads like most of the chicago crowd, I really don't have any inclination to associate with these losers. At this point, I think showing up at an event would be nothing but trouble. I would lose my cool .....bitchslap one of them and have a bunch of monkees swinging on me. That money offer is also a big joke. They need to keep their money to keep their nocums running.
 

Johnny NoCom

New Member
Oct 28, 2004
53
0
0
lowracervk2 said:
...I would lose my cool .....bitchslap one of them....

It will be impossible for you to slap anyone when you can not keep pace. Hell Slowdio Evans you can only ride a 16 mph pace with those heavy RotorCranks and that big fairing gimmick that was never built specifically for a VK2.

Cheers,
Johnny NoCom
 

lowracervk2

New Member
Oct 23, 2004
77
0
0
Johnny NoCom said:
It will be impossible for you to slap anyone when you can not keep pace. Hell Slowdio Evans you can only ride a 16 mph pace with those heavy RotorCranks and that big fairing gimmick that was never built specifically for a VK2.

Cheers,
Johnny NoCom

How would we know YOUR pace. You still refuse to show any of your own results. You don't need to be on the bike to be bitchslapped either.
 

Johnny NoCom

New Member
Oct 28, 2004
53
0
0
Slowdio Evans,
This is the funniest documented HPV race story of all time. Its a classic that will go down in recumbent history.

http://www.lmb.org/mhpva/newsletter/2004-09/page3.htm

....a big tailbox! It was Chris Evans, on his VK2 with RazzFazz tailbox. As I passed him, he complained that his legs were dead. Bonked, he was only able to manage 16 mph or so.

Cheers,
Johnny NoCom

lowracervk2 said:
How would we know YOUR pace. You still refuse to show any of your own results. You don't need to be on the bike to be bitchslapped either.
 

okeedokie

New Member
Nov 30, 2004
3
0
0
lowracervk2 said:
It makes me wonder just how many multiple personalities Johhny nocom has?
lets see, he is also raffi and bill gout and now this okdokee fellow with one post.
With no cage of their own, they must go and mess with others. I used to respect the HPV organization and their races. But with dickheads like most of the chicago crowd, I really don't have any inclination to associate with these losers. At this point, I think showing up at an event would be nothing but trouble. I would lose my cool .....bitchslap one of them and have a bunch of monkees swinging on me. That money offer is also a big joke. They need to keep their money to keep their nocums running.

lowracervk2,

I must confess, are you grouping me with the "dickheads" and Chicago crowd? Your hypothesis is way off base as I'm a lurker at heart on multiple newsgroups/usenet/bulletin boards. Rarely I post unless discussions are out of the ordinary. And you must admit, your involvement recently is certainly qualifies as being unique at a minimum. If I offended you with my analysis I wholeheartedly extend my apologies. I was was calling it the way I interpreted the content.

By the way, how did you earn the moniker, "SLOWDIO?"

Okeedokie
 
R

raffiman

Guest
lowracervk2 said:
How would we know YOUR pace. You still refuse to show any of your own results. You don't need to be on the bike to be bitchslapped either.


Dang it SLOWDIO,

Get with the program! Original post specifies your 16 mph pace as reported by your own cycling buddy John John. Try to stay "on topic" as this is good net-etiquette.

Perhaps you can provide some insight into:

1) Why you bonked on a bike vs. canoe ride?
2) How is it a carbon fiber low bent with a huge Euro tailbox can average a 16 mph pace?
3) Just how "toasted" were your legs?
4) And finally, when and where are you going to "cruise along" at 46.5 mph again? It'll be great to videotape the effort and convert it to a mpeg movie for all to see.

Raffi