Christian Cyclists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Specialized27

Aug 5, 2003
Hey,
I was just wondering who all out there was a christian cyclist? I am and am very proud of it! So just let me know who you are out there, and if you are not a christian DO NOT use this forum as a christian bashing forum....thanks,

Godbless,

Kyle

Originally posted by Specialized27
Hey,
I was just wondering who all out there was a christian cyclist? I am and am very proud of it! So just let me know who you are out there, and if you are not a christian DO NOT use this forum as a christian bashing forum....thanks,

Godbless,

Kyle

Kyle, I am very definately a Christian and a cyclist, although one has nothing to do with the other.

Being Christian, however, does give me a better outlook on life and on cycling. In fact, I find myself talking with God when I am cycling. It is peaceful and I find talking with Him eases the stress of the day all the more.

Godbless, Babbar

pentagram.gif

My name is Lucifer_Christian, I am a Christian Cyclist. I cycle listening to Iron Maiden and I talk backwards.

Just kidding, I just find it kind of pathetic that you associate religion with something totally off the topic.

I am a Christian sex-machine and beer-guzzler... how does that sound?

I am Christian by the way.

Speaking of a hornets nest there Gabriel! I wish I could be a beer guzzler. This diet has me in fits right now. Specialized, keep your faith, but maybe be more open to a challenge or question of faith sometimes. It isn't all supposed to be peaches and cream, so I read anyways. Keep the rubber side down.

K.

I actually did mean who out there that is a cyclist is also a christian. I did not mean to associate the two. I was simply wondering who all else was a christian AND a cyclist...

ireman I am not closed to challening or questioning my faith. I just did not want this forum to become an argument on whether or not there is a God, but rather that I would be able to find out who else on the board was a christian.

Sorry about the confusion

Don't be sorry! I tend to ramble. I LOVE having people challenge my beliefs! It gives me a chance to share my thoughts and maybe, just maybe get a mustard seed in someone's mind. It serves to help me re-touch with my passion. Stand firm. Be safe.

K.

The only reason why I took up cycling was so I could wear my tight gothic bicycle outfit, and, also chant my encantations while pedaling down the bike path that goes through a haunted forest.

By the way, Freddy Krueger and Jason are in my bicycle club.

I'm not all that devout a Christian. OTOH, every time I ride, I pray I don't get run over...

Specialized,
Did you really didn't think you could start a thread like this and not invite some flames?
Perhaps you already know about them but the International Christian Cycling Club might be just what you're looking for. I'm not a member but know many who are - they are stand up dudes.
Ted

no no I did not think that at all....but I can dream cant I lol....I knew there would be "flames", but I just hoped they wouldnt post here in force..

Hi

I belong to the Elim Christian Cycling Club. We are a strong club in the Gauteng Province with our main base in Pretoria. We present three races a year that draws between 500 and 750 cyclists per race. We race just as hard as other cyclists. Many times during a race one in the bundle would enquire who we are and what we do. Our slogan on our club cycling shirt is CELEBRATE JESUS!!. This is just my way to testify and to spread the Gospel and it works for me.

Keep those wheels spinning

Big H

I thought the Mormons were the only religion who went around irritating people on bikes.

Just a comment I remembered in a book, one minute after we all die, we will immediately know who was right and who was wrong.
Lets just say I don't want to take a chance.

I love life and enjoy riding.

Catchya guys

Dave

Specialized27,
Good on you for honouring Him and proclaiming His name in places other than in church once a week. Jesus and cycling are two of my greatest passions and I know there are many others out there who train and race for a similar reason too.
Best wishes and ride for a reason!
J

Originally posted by Jess
Specialized27,
Good on you for honouring Him and proclaiming His name in places other than in church once a week. Jesus and cycling are two of my greatest passions and I know there are many others out there who train and race for a similar reason too.
Best wishes and ride for a reason!
J

we shoot the little critters down this way

Just a question: Why do we (humans) always have to compartmentalise ourselves? Aren't you excluding others by making yourself a Christian Cyclist? What would happen if a Jew or Hindu or Moslem wanted to ride with you? I'm not having a go but I find the idea of subcategorisation to the enth degree rather strange...

Personnally, I'm a cyclist. I'm white, non-religious, and hetrosexual but I'm a cyclist. Not an abc cyclist.... or an xyz cyclist just a cyclist. I ride with whoever wants, regardless of belief.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we stopped drawing lines and taking sides?

Like I said, I'm not having a go - just airing my opinion...

Ssushhi

Just spotted this at the bottom of the page:
Blind Cyclists
Brighton area cyclists
African cyclists in pro-races!

These subcats seem to make more sense to me.

Well I understand that some people might do that, but honestly any person who is truly a christian would ride with anyone. I dont care what someone believes in, and even though it might be something I wouldn't do it does not give me the right to look down on someone. I would never pass up the opportunity to ride with someone regardless of age, or race, or religious background....some people might do that, but I am not one of those.......good point though

Status
Not open for further replies.