Christian Cyclists

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for ur Romans What did happen to their empire? Where did it all go? How did it all end up? Thats what happens when u have authority and u abuse it! STRANGE HOW AMERICA COMES TO MIND!

Originally posted by rossoreduk
I DONT CARE ABOUT U OR WOT U WANT TO BE. AT THE END OF THE DAY I'M GOIN INTO MY GRAVE AND U INTO URS. SIMPLE
All of this isn't about wanting to really be anything. It's about finding what the Truth is. Are there things in this world that we always be wrong? No matter what society says. Put differently, That when we do something wrong or sin, that it isn't wrong because we offend or harm someone else, but that it is wrong because we sin against God.
Why do you say that we will just go to the grave? There will be no one of you who will not enter it (Hell).
This was an inevitable decree of your Lord.
Afterwards he may save some of the pious, God-fearing Muslims out of the burning fire.
-- Sura 19:71-72
Isn't this not from Allah?

Originally posted by rossoreduk
As for ur Romans What did happen to their empire? Where did it all go? How did it all end up? Thats what happens when u have authority and u abuse it! STRANGE HOW AMERICA COMES TO MIND!
First, the Romans were persecuters of the church. "Bring back the romans" refers to the way Christians were killed by them in the Colliseum and blamed for the mishaps in society. How do the Romans and America put Christ on a stick? America isn't a Christian society. Statistics tell of only a third of the people really believing in Christ. SO DON'T ALLOW THE US AND JESUS CHRIST TO BE THE SAME.

Go i2ambler

Personally I just don't care.....
I just appreciate that I have more time left over for more serious pursuits like cycling etc. :)

When you come into a relationship with Jesus it is just so awesome that it effects every area of your life. It's good to meet the bretheren.
Blessings!

I can't see why people feel the need to proclaim their religion on a cycling website.
Don't get me wrong, I am a believer but I cannot see what this has got to do with cycling !
Religion/Spirituality is a personal issue.
I don't personally have a problem with someone professing to be Christian but I think that it is a personal issue for a lot of people
and that by attaching labels to people (by categorising them by their beliefs or lack of) is not something to be encouraged.
I practice my religion but I don't feel the need to tell everyone else what I believe in.
There are too many people on both sides who want to impose THEIR views on other people.
This is why the world is in the state that it's currently in.

Originally posted by limerickman
I can't see why people feel the need to proclaim their religion on a cycling website.
Don't get me wrong, I am a believer but I cannot see what this has got to do with cycling !
Religion/Spirituality is a personal issue.
I don't personally have a problem with someone professing to be Christian but I think that it is a personal issue for a lot of people
and that by attaching labels to people (by categorising them by their beliefs or lack of) is not something to be encouraged.
I practice my religion but I don't feel the need to tell everyone else what I believe in.
There are too many people on both sides who want to impose THEIR views on other people.
This is why the world is in the state that it's currently in.

I'm sorry but if you profess to be a practicing believer, then you would no doubt know that Jesus instructed us to go out and spread the good news... Yes I understand where you are coming from, some people push too hard to spread the gospel. But, we should all be looking for opportunities to do so, not IMPOSE views, but to inform others.

Yes, I am aware of the central tenets of Christianity and I would like to think that others see my faith through the way that
I live - and not by what I may chose to write on a website !

Hello, I am visiting the site for the same reason as the person who started this forum. I was reading the page many placed on the site. And I have to say some is funny, ha ha. And other is just plain sad. I was on the web looking for other to ride with in my area, FL. A christian rider is a great thing I was wondering if there were any clubs/associations in the area. Many responses on the site missed the point of why the orginal question was asked. The point was to ride with other christians in fellowship. Talk about problems of any extent, maybe someone could provide advice from faith. I live a christian state if mind. Yes this means to teach the word of God, but no one wants to be peached at. This would be a way to provide answer to any who was willing to hear about, YES, Jesus. Every christian would love for the world to beleive, but then comes reality. The main goal is to make everyone aware of there past, present and future. Some may deny---that is their choice not to face it. So any way, I was wondering if there was any CHRISTIAN CYCLING CLUB in FL

So to the person who started the site, RIGHT ON. (Specialized 27)
No one asked for those oppinons who don't understand why you created this forum.

Jeremy, Cyclist and Believer

Mormon's do not bother people on bikes, nor do they bother people while on bikes. I think you are thinking of the liberal leftist's that hate cycling. They really hate mountain biker's, they think mountain bike tread causes more erosion than a 1500 pould shawed hourse. Idiots!

I am a Christian. I converted when I was 20 years old. I am now approaching 34 years old. I took up cycling about a year ago when I overcame a health problem that affected/crippled my life for at least the past ten years. I weighted 287 pounds and I am now approaching 200 pounds. My target weight is 185 pounds.

Cycling has little to with my religion except that I marvel at God's beautiful creations. I love mountain and road cycling. A buddy who got me into cycling a year ago wants me to strat training with him, and enter some races. Just for the fun of it and the sense of accomplishment.

I ride a Trek Liquid 30, and a Trek 5900 (My brother owns a Trek dealer in Gardnerville Nevada, "Big Daddy's Bicycle and Fitness".):)

Originally posted by Specialized27
Hey,
I was just wondering who all out there was a christian cyclist? I am and am very proud of it! So just let me know who you are out there, and if you are not a christian DO NOT use this forum as a christian bashing forum....thanks,

Godbless,

Kyle
I am a Christian( Bible believing) and I bicycle.

To quote Todays english version . Mathew 28 19-20 ( Go then to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples baptize them in the name of the Father the Son and The Holy spirit. 20.And teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And I will be with you always even unto the end of the age.) By the way that is Jesus Talking there.

Okay, I'm going to be good and I'm not going to say it.

Really, I'm not.

Just going to keep my mouth shut...

THERE! I did it! That was tougher than I thought!

:D

Any Astrological Kinsfolk on the road?

I don't mean to hi-jack this Christian forum, but I was just wondering if there are any other CAPRICORNS who are also CYCLISTS. You see, I try to give a nod to each passing cyclist I see on the road. However, if I knew that one of them was a fellow CAPRICORN, I might increase the nod-angle and perhaps even make eye contact.

Should this experiment fail, I will make my club less exclusive. Tentative suggestions so far are:

THE CYCLISTS WITH BROWN HAIR CLUB
CYCLISTS WITH PENISES UNITE!
and, last but not least:
THE CYCLISTS WHO PREFER OXYGEN CONSORTIUM

And you are not oppressed by your anti-religion views? Because you refuse to open your eyes, you are a slave to this world. The Truth will set you free. FreeHueco

THIS is why I can't stand "Christians". Why cant the man be free and not believe in god? If there is one god, and he is good, than when we all pass on we'll end up in the same place because he'll see the good in everyone of his children.

I grew up a Christian Scientist, I've since had a falling out, and currently am quite happy, I dont know if there is a god, and I dont care.

i2ambler - Well said.

The only reason why I took up cycling was so I could wear my tight gothic bicycle outfit, and, also chant my encantations while pedaling down the bike path that goes through a haunted forest. - Rabalter

HAHA, Thats funny stuff.

God is loving but he also is righteous . He cannot abide sin . Those who reject Christ do not go to heaven, they go to Hell a real place of torment and separation from God. God"s love is shown by the fact that he sent his son to die to redeem mankind from the power of sin .

Originally posted by james Haury
God is loving but he also is righteous . He cannot abide sin . Those who reject Christ do not go to heaven, they go to Hell a real place of torment and separation from God. God"s love is shown by the fact that he sent his son to die to redeem mankind from the power of sin .

God is loving but if you do any of the 10 things on his list of things not to do, he'll send you to a place of fire and suffering and torment to spend all of eternity... and he needs money. Your money!

And bad little boys and girls get coal in their stockings and the Easter Bunny lays multi-colored eggs for little boys and girls to find and the tooth fairy tries to keep up with the price of inflation.

Sorry, I know that may sound a little harsh but if you move away from the stories and tales of religion for a time and begin to deal with the reality of the universe around us, all of the lessons and doctrines and magical/spiritual information offered as fact by the faithfully religous, it all sounds very much like the tales of Santa, Mother Goose and Peter Pan we invent to entertain our youth.

We are said to have such miniscule intellectual capability in comparison to God that we are no more qualified to question the actions and motives of God than a flea would be to question the actions of a man. Yet, we are given the task to believe, to have faith, even blind faith in what is written within a book whose author chose not to sign. And feeble as we are, we are asked to make a decision which will forever solidify our future for the whole of eternity. And this is asked from an all-knowing, all-powerful entity with only our best interests in mind. And what is the crux of this decision? To bow to the all-consuming ego of this great entity - to accept and worship him and only him.

I'll apologize again but I just can't make any sense of that. It's a contradiction unto itself.

:confused:

Originally posted by Beastt
God is loving but if you do any of the 10 things on his list of things not to do, he'll send you to a place of fire and suffering and torment to spend all of eternity... and he needs money. Your money!

And bad little boys and girls get coal in their stockings and the Easter Bunny lays multi-colored eggs for little boys and girls to find and the tooth fairy tries to keep up with the price of inflation.

Sorry, I know that may sound a little harsh but if you move away from the stories and tales of religion for a time and begin to deal with the reality of the universe around us, all of the lessons and doctrines and magical/spiritual information offered as fact by the faithfully religous, it all sounds very much like the tales of Santa, Mother Goose and Peter Pan we invent to entertain our youth.

We are said to have such miniscule intellectual capability in comparison to God that we are no more qualified to question the actions and motives of God than a flea would be to question the actions of a man. Yet, we are given the task to believe, to have faith, even blind faith in what is written within a book whose author chose not to sign. And feeble as we are, we are asked to make a decision which will forever solidify our future for the whole of eternity. And this is asked from an all-knowing, all-powerful entity with only our best interests in mind. And what is the crux of this decision? To bow to the all-consuming ego of this great entity - to accept and worship him and only him.

I'll apologize again but I just can't make any sense of that. It's a contradiction unto itself.

:confused:
Why do I bother you are so proud of your own cleverness you will never accept Christ .(For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who soever believeth on him should not perish but have everlasting life.)John 3 v 16 The only unpardonable sin is the rejection Of Christ.

Originally posted by james Haury
Why do I bother you are so proud of your own cleverness you will never accept Christ .(For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who soever believeth on him should not perish but have everlasting life.)John 3 v 16 The only unpardonable sin is the rejection Of Christ.

It's not a matter of cleverness, James. It's a matter of using the intellect that, if he exists, God gave us. I can't imagine that he would give us the ability to reason but then intend that we not use it.

Put another way;

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who endowed us with Sense, Reason, and Intellect had also intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galile

I'm not looking to argue, just to discuss.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.