Christian Vandevelde

Chris

Guest
Christian went to the new Saiz formation (sponsored by Liberty Securities of
Spain) along with Heras (I assume) and is probably one of the only American
cyclists whose reputation is less than he probably deserves. He was thought
of as an up and coming talent until several years ago when a nasty crash
ruined his season and the spotlight never returned. I am not sure but I
don't think he raced in the Tour for USPS since that accident. Does anyone
know any more about him these last few years? Is he still expected to lead
in the future?

> Christian went to the new Saiz formation (sponsored by Liberty Securities

of
> Spain) along with Heras (I assume) and is probably one of the only

American
> cyclists whose reputation is less than he probably deserves. He was

thought
> of as an up and coming talent until several years ago when a nasty crash
> ruined his season and the spotlight never returned. I am not sure but I
> don't think he raced in the Tour for USPS since that accident. Does anyone
> know any more about him these last few years? Is he still expected to lead
> in the future?

Vandevelde is a talent and while he's working in dope central he'll soon be
spotted by Riis and go off to show what he can really do.