Christmas Day overindulgence

>> For the past year I've been saying "because I'm sixty"! I'll have to
>> stop
>> that in January. <g>
>>

> Well Happy birthday to you then. You'll just have to change it to
> "Because I'm a Grumpy Old Fart", and thus hiding your actual age.

Did anyone see the special about 'old people' this weekend - the ones who
have succeeded in life. There was a doctor who did the first by-pass who is
abt. 97. One thing they all had in common in addition to their physical
health was/is their mental facilities/faculties. I would've loved to have
heard some hard questions asked about their eating habits. Mostly it was
about work, success, stress and exercise, family relations, faith, but
nothing about that which we put in our mouth/fuel tank.

What reminded me of this is 'because I'm 60,' was that one guy said that
when he hit 60, he wondered if he'd make it to 70, and so on, something
about each decade, and now that he is 87, he says it is his best decade, but
he was the most active physically one interviewed.
Dee Dee

On Mon 26 Dec 2005 04:12:44p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee
Randall?

>>> For the past year I've been saying "because I'm sixty"! I'll have to
>>> stop that in January. <g>
>>>

>> Well Happy birthday to you then. You'll just have to change it to
>> "Because I'm a Grumpy Old Fart", and thus hiding your actual age.

> Did anyone see the special about 'old people' this weekend - the ones
> who have succeeded in life. There was a doctor who did the first
> by-pass who is abt. 97. One thing they all had in common in addition
> to their physical health was/is their mental facilities/faculties. I
> would've loved to have heard some hard questions asked about their
> eating habits. Mostly it was about work, success, stress and exercise,
> family relations, faith, but nothing about that which we put in our
> mouth/fuel tank.
>
> What reminded me of this is 'because I'm 60,' was that one guy said that
> when he hit 60, he wondered if he'd make it to 70, and so on, something
> about each decade, and now that he is 87, he says it is his best decade,
> but he was the most active physically one interviewed.
> Dee Dee

No, I didn't see it. No one on either side of my family has passed away
younger than 83. My paternal granmother was 101. I try not to speculate
on how many years I have left, but I hope it's quite a few. <g>

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

On 26 Dec 2005 17:29:17 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
<[email protected]> wrote:

>For the past year I've been saying "because I'm sixty"! I'll have to stop
>that in January. <g>

Come this March, I will be able to say, "because I am 55".....

Christine, who finds it hard to believe

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 13:52:48 -0800, sf <[email protected]>
wrote:

>What's a little extra weight among friends? LOL You can lose it
>later.

I have been saying that for years..and each year I have a little more
to lose.... LOL

Christine

Dee Randall wrote:
> > I Did Not Die
> >
> > Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
> > I am not there; I do not sleep.
> > I am a thousand winds that blow.
> > I am the diamond glints on snow.
> > I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
> > I am the gentle autumn's rain.
> > When you awaken in the morning's hush
> > I am the swift uplifting rush
> > Of quiet birds in circled flight.
> > I am the soft stars that shine at night.
> > Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
> > I am not there. I did not die.
> >
> > Melinda Sue Pacho

> Thanks for your thoughtfulness in posting this poem.
> Dee Dee

Yes, thank you very much! Very touching, much appreciated.

Dee wrote:

> What reminded me of this is 'because I'm 60,' was that one guy said that
> when he hit 60, he wondered if he'd make it to 70, and so on, something
> about each decade, and now that he is 87, he says it is his best decade,
> but he was the most active physically one interviewed.

Reminds me of when Phyllis Diller asked Bob Hope who would ever want to be
100 years old. Hope replied, "Anybody who's 99."

Bob

Re: Grandparents of 4 year olds club. My youngest (Alexis Grace) will
be 4 in February. Carol

Our life may not always be the party we would have chosen, but while we
are here, we may as well dance!

Carol Garbo wrote:
> Re: Grandparents of 4 year olds club. My youngest (Alexis Grace) will
> be 4 in February. Carol

Okay, you're eligible....

gloria p

In article <7%[email protected]>,
Puester <[email protected]> wrote:

> Carol Garbo wrote:
> > Re: Grandparents of 4 year olds club. My youngest (Alexis Grace) will
> > be 4 in February. Carol
> >

> Okay, you're eligible....
>
> gloria p

Membership roles have been adjusted to reflect the addition, Madam
President. Annual membership dues are payable to me--annually, on the
anniversary of the grand's birth. Badge, magic ring, Secret Password,
DVD demonstrating the Secret Handshake, and subscription to Cookie Times
will be forthcoming upon receipt and deposit of dues.
-Barb, Recording Secretary and Treasurer
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 12-22-05

> Dee Randall wrote:
> > > I Did Not Die
> > >
> > > Do not stand at my grave and forever weep.
> > > I am not there; I do not sleep.
> > > I am a thousand winds that blow.
> > > I am the diamond glints on snow.
> > > I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
> > > I am the gentle autumn's rain.
> > > When you awaken in the morning's hush
> > > I am the swift uplifting rush
> > > Of quiet birds in circled flight.
> > > I am the soft stars that shine at night.
> > > Do not stand at my grave and forever cry.
> > > I am not there. I did not die.
> > >
> > > Melinda Sue Pacho

> > Thanks for your thoughtfulness in posting this poem.
> > Dee Dee

> Yes, thank you very much! Very touching, much appreciated.

i bought this poem as a rubber stamp to put on handmade
sympathy cards. the only variation is the forever in the 1st
& next to the last lines, it's not on my stamp. i think various
companies make it.

On 25 Dec 2005 19:31:35 -0800, "itsjoannotjoann"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>We had a Christmas brunch today as well but no over indulgence. We
>usually have a full blown Christmas dinner but today was very subdued.
>We buried our 60 year old brother on Friday, so our spirits are pretty
>low.

Oh, Joan, so sorry to hear that.

serene

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 15:24:32 -0800, serene <[email protected]>
wrote:

> On 25 Dec 2005 19:31:35 -0800, "itsjoannotjoann"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >We had a Christmas brunch today as well but no over indulgence. We
> >usually have a full blown Christmas dinner but today was very subdued.
> >We buried our 60 year old brother on Friday, so our spirits are pretty
> >low.

> Oh, Joan, so sorry to hear that.

How did I miss your original post, Joan? I'm so, so sorry. 60 is too
young. Please accept Crash and my condolences.

Carol

Ranee Mueller wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Puester <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>folar (Portuguese white bread baked with chunks of ham and
>> meaty, garlicky linguica sausage throughout)

> Do you have a recipe for this, or is it something you just make and
> know how to do?
>
> Regards,
> Ranee

I usually buy raw French or Italian bread dough from an instore bakery,
let it rise once, punch down, and spread thinly to place the meat in
it, roll up into a log, then fold into a circular glass or hreavy metal
pie pan, let rise again, then bake. There's really no recipe.

Congratulations on your impending arrival. When are you due?

gloria p

"Puester" <[email protected]> wrote

> I usually buy raw French or Italian bread dough from an instore bakery,
> let it rise once, punch down, and spread thinly to place the meat in it,
> roll up into a log, then fold into a circular glass or hreavy metal pie
> pan, let rise again, then bake. There's really no recipe.

Yeah! Stromboli! And add all the roasted peppers/hot peppers/
whatever, you like, before you roll it up. Cheese. Olives.
Nice to paint the outside with beaten egg for a nice finished look.

nancy

In article <[email protected]>,
Puester <[email protected]> wrote:

> I usually buy raw French or Italian bread dough from an instore bakery,
> let it rise once, punch down, and spread thinly to place the meat in
> it, roll up into a log, then fold into a circular glass or hreavy metal
> pie pan, let rise again, then bake. There's really no recipe.

Sounds good, I can do that.

> Congratulations on your impending arrival. When are you due?

Thank you. Due early September, probably delivering late August.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/