Christmas surprise

Nancy Young

Guest
Opened my front door, what to my wondering eyes blah blah blah ...
a really big box from Harry & David. Holy crow, I couldn't even
pick it up.

Lots of apples and pears, strawberry jam, oregold peach jam,
jack cheese, 2 cheddars, some mixed nuts and some chocolates.
All in a nice basket.

Whew! Perhaps this will jumpstart my 'eat more fruit dammit'
promise to myself.

nancy

Nancy Young wrote:

> Opened my front door, what to my wondering eyes blah blah blah ...
> a really big box from Harry & David. Holy crow, I couldn't even
> pick it up.
>
> Lots of apples and pears, strawberry jam, oregold peach jam,
> jack cheese, 2 cheddars, some mixed nuts and some chocolates.
> All in a nice basket.
>
> Whew! Perhaps this will jumpstart my 'eat more fruit dammit'
> promise to myself.
>
> nancy

Would you believe I got a Turducken in the mail? I just have no clue
what to do with that beast. I don't even know if I'll like it!? I'm
working for the nest few nights and won't get off till Christmas morning
so I suppose it will make an easy dinner on Xmas day when I finally wake
up? I just don't feel excited by it though.. yet no energy to organize
an alternative meal. Oy.
Wanna trade? LOL
Goomba

Goomba38 wrote:
> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Opened my front door, what to my wondering eyes blah blah blah ...
>> a really big box from Harry & David. Holy crow, I couldn't even
>> pick it up.
>>
>> Lots of apples and pears, strawberry jam, oregold peach jam,
>> jack cheese, 2 cheddars, some mixed nuts and some chocolates.
>> All in a nice basket.
>>
>> Whew! Perhaps this will jumpstart my 'eat more fruit dammit'
>> promise to myself.
>>
>> nancy

> Would you believe I got a Turducken in the mail? I just have no clue
> what to do with that beast. I don't even know if I'll like it!? I'm
> working for the nest few nights and won't get off till Christmas
> morning so I suppose it will make an easy dinner on Xmas day when I
> finally wake up? I just don't feel excited by it though.. yet no
> energy to organize an alternative meal. Oy.
> Wanna trade? LOL
> Goomba

What, you don't like turkey, duck & chicken all stuffed into each other? :)
The good news is, it should be boneless so just heat it up per the package
directions and slice it up.

I really enjoyed my boudin-stuffed boneless chicken over Thanksgiving.
Still have half of it in the freezer.

Jill

"Goomba38" <[email protected]> wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> Whew! Perhaps this will jumpstart my 'eat more fruit dammit'
>> promise to myself.

> Would you believe I got a Turducken in the mail? I just have no clue what
> to do with that beast. I don't even know if I'll like it!?

Well, that would be a surprise, showing up on the doorstep like that!

> I'm working for the nest few nights and won't get off till Christmas
> morning so I suppose it will make an easy dinner on Xmas day when I
> finally wake up? I just don't feel excited by it though.. yet no energy to
> organize an alternative meal. Oy.
> Wanna trade? LOL

There's just something mean about turducken. Up yours, turkey!
Take that!! and THAT!

(smile) Enjoy. nancy

Nancy Young wrote:
> "Goomba38" <[email protected]> wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> Whew! Perhaps this will jumpstart my 'eat more fruit dammit'
>>> promise to myself.

>> Would you believe I got a Turducken in the mail? I just have no clue
>> what to do with that beast. I don't even know if I'll like it!?

> Well, that would be a surprise, showing up on the doorstep like that!
>
>> I'm working for the nest few nights and won't get off till Christmas
>> morning so I suppose it will make an easy dinner on Xmas day when I
>> finally wake up? I just don't feel excited by it though.. yet no
>> energy to organize an alternative meal. Oy.
>> Wanna trade? LOL

> There's just something mean about turducken. Up yours, turkey!
> Take that!! and THAT!
>
> (smile) Enjoy. nancy

LOLOL Yeah, stuff this! Those wacky Cajuns. Too cheap to make stuffing so
they start stuffing birds together LOL

Of course I'm teasing. Ray told me about how they'd prepare oyster stuffing
and stuff and deep fry the turkey in the oil drum. Not something I want to
do, but when it comes to food the Cajuns don't skimp. They use anything on
hand... and a lot of rice, tomatoes and okra :)

Jill

Goomba38 <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> Opened my front door, what to my wondering eyes blah blah blah ...
>> a really big box from Harry & David. Holy crow, I couldn't even
>> pick it up.
>>
>> Lots of apples and pears, strawberry jam, oregold peach jam,
>> jack cheese, 2 cheddars, some mixed nuts and some chocolates.
>> All in a nice basket.
>>
>> Whew! Perhaps this will jumpstart my 'eat more fruit dammit'
>> promise to myself.
>>
>> nancy

> Would you believe I got a Turducken in the mail? I just have no clue
> what to do with that beast. I don't even know if I'll like it!? I'm
> working for the nest few nights and won't get off till Christmas morning
> so I suppose it will make an easy dinner on Xmas day when I finally wake
> up? I just don't feel excited by it though.. yet no energy to organize
> an alternative meal. Oy.
> Wanna trade? LOL
> Goomba

We got the usual smoked turkey. Same old thang here. I guess it is good,
the same old is good.

Michael

--
....Bacteria: The rear entrance to a cafeteria.

All gramatical errors and misspellings due to Ramsey the cyber kitten. He
now owns all keyboards and computing devices in the household and has the
final say on what is, or is not, posted.
Send email to dog30 at charter dot net