Chronic Fatigue? Over Training Syndrome?

i do a light spin on the spin bike in the gym that i train on for about 45 minutes. Other wise no.
Because , i dont know wut helps or how or w/e i just follow wut my trainer says and learn more on forums about my fatigue issues.

CaLDwELLkID said:
i do a light spin on the spin bike in the gym that i train on for about 45 minutes. Other wise no.
Because , i dont know wut helps or how or w/e i just follow wut my trainer says and learn more on forums about my fatigue issues.

Over training/fatigue issues with a 45 minute light spin, LMAO.

Sounds like your current workout (45mins spinning) isn't covering your fatigue issues.

If I was a BMX racer, I would lift weights to increase explosive strength for my starts/acceleration & to cover the latic acid/heavy legs issue, I would purchase a road bike & put in 1-2 hour hard efforts on the road 4x per week.

Your legs will adapt better to the BMX racing, the latic acid build up & you won't be so prone to fatigue issues.

Chapeau! said:
Sounds like your current workout (45mins spinning) isn't covering your fatigue issues.

If I was a BMX racer, I would lift weights to increase explosive strength for my starts/acceleration & to cover the latic acid/heavy legs issue, I would purchase a road bike & put in 1-2 or 3 hour hard efforts on the road 4x per week.

Your legs will adapt better to the BMX racing, the latic acid build up & you won't be so prone to fatigue issues.

Mountain bikers put many hours in the saddle on the road.

Where do you get this stupid stuff? :confused:

I'm sorry if this was mentioned already -- I only quickly scanned this thread. There are many possible answers to the OP's question but one thing that he might want to check is his thyroid. Do you have low body temperature (below 97.5 or so)? That might be an indication of a thryoid issue. One source of information is Wilson's Temperature Syndrome (google it). I can't vouch for it one way or another, but it seems worth looking into. Good luck.

Chapeau! said:
What would you suggest?.

My background and expertise is strength training. I would not suggest or recommend lifting for the OP as a means to overcome fatigue and or improve cycling performance, but then again you have already seen this sentiment from others who specialize in physiology.

I don't know enough about the OP to give advice and I am not going to attempt without knowing more about the conditions and second the OP mentioned using a trainer from CTS. I would suggest to the OP keep approaching the trainer and if the results are not good switch to a different coach.

CaLDwELLkID said:
CTS is training me. I have a trainer from there.

Ok heres an update. Ive been drinking gatorade and water since 1 o clock yesterday. 1 and 3/4 of water down and 11 20oz gatorades down. 7 multi vitamins and 2 B complex time released.

The legs arent cramping ( as bad ) but i still kinda can feel it when i get up off the chair ( when i can feel it most ) . They def do still feel heavey and a little weak. I want to test them out on the bike but i dont dare. I dont wanna ruin anything for this wknd. Ill keep it up and touch the bike on Friday. Race saturday and sunday. Ill update another tomorrow before i leave for michigan bound :)

If CTS is training you then you should be having this conversation with your assigned coach.

Drinking that much sucrose/ fructose (all that Gatorade and cytomax) will probably do more harm than good. 11, 20oz bottles? I'm surprised you've not ended up sitting on the pot and are more busy spraying the bowl walls brown than typing on here.

Gatorade isnt the most complete electrolyte drink out there either... But consuming that much if the stuff probably made matters in that department worse too.

You need to stop p1ssing around with half as$ed 'internet solutions' and have a very in-depth conversation with your coach that included mentioning everything that you've been doing (both training on and off the bike and dietary faux-pas) - not just the training scheduled they assigned you. If there is no logical explanation as to why you're feeling as bad as you do hen just 'head' off to the docs for an hones chat with them. At worst they'll run a full blood panel, you'll get the results in a day or two and you'll be able to see what you're deficient in, if anything.

Felt_Rider said:
My background and expertise is strength training. I would not suggest or recommend lifting for the OP as a means to overcome fatigue.

Nor would I.

I initially suggested thyroid issues, Hashimoto's Autoimmune Thyroid disease or Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Felt_Rider said:
and or improve cycling performance.

For improving the explosion & acceleration out of the starting gate in BMX racing. Strength is an extremely important component because you have to overcome the inertia of your body & the bike in the least amount of time. Weight training develops this quality. So yes, your wrong, he would see an increase in his cycling performance because races can be won & lost from the start & as for the expertise, keep studying.

holy ****, we could sit here all night and speculate on many different various things that could result in those symptoms. Instead of playing doctor, all we should be doing is telling the OP the simplest things to do first and if they don't work go see a doctor at that point. But to sit and speculate on all sorts of scary schit that 99.999% of the time will be wrong anyway, is just futile and only serves to scare the OP for no reason. And on top of all that, the OP said he's already doing better and in fact is 1st in points after a race...so let's get him to the doctor fast because he's sick as a dog with this or that syndrome and did to well in the race!!!

just got my stim-o-stam! hope i feel better ina week or so. the legs have been feeling good ! wearing my recovery skins in my sleeep :)

Froze said:
holy ****, we could sit here all night and speculate on many different various things that could result in those symptoms. Instead of playing doctor, all we should be doing is telling the OP the simplest things to do first and if they don't work go see a doctor at that point. But to sit and speculate on all sorts of scary schit that 99.999% of the time will be wrong anyway, is just futile and only serves to scare the OP for no reason. And on top of all that, the OP said he's already doing better and in fact is 1st in points after a race...so let's get him to the doctor fast because he's sick as a dog with this or that syndrome and did to well in the race!!!

If you went back to my first post all the way back on the first page of this thread that's pretty much what I said. Go to the doc, spent 2 minutes getting a full blood panel and actually see what is (or more likely, isn't) deficient and take it from there.

No 'hoping' or swilling 2 gallons of salty sugar water or wearing fancy pants in bed... I'm surprised that he hasn't rubbed on snake oil or bathed in goats milk or something equally as hokey as everything else on the past couple of pages.

I'm surprised AIDS wasn't mentioned. Symptoms fit. So does cancer... Brain tumors would be a stretch... But a brain infarction from taking random Internet advice - that could be a winner.

Dude. Stuff some multivitamins up your pooper for quick absorption and the clean the ol' colon with A good mixture of bleach and rubbing alcohol - that should kill whatever bugs are ailing you. It might sting a little when you sit down so consider yourself lucky that you race kiddies bikes and have to stand up.

Well your right, but there was also another symptom we all missed but is turning into a epidemic...when aliens from outer space put that chip in your brain during an abduction, you experience the same symptoms as the OP. The only cure for it is to wear a copper mesh hat, aluminum foil hat no longer works, it use to, but the aliens caught on that we were wearing the foil hats so they had to change the technology so that the transducer would not be effected by the foil.

swampy1970 said:
Drinking that much sucrose/ fructose (all that Gatorade and cytomax) will probably do more harm than good. 11, 20oz bottles? I'm surprised you've not ended up sitting on the pot and are more busy spraying the bowl walls brown than typing on here.

This was another one of my suggestions way back when & highly probable.

Having your immune system swimming in sugar ain't good for anyone. You going to burden the whole body.

As an accomplished cyclist/athlete, I actually consume more green tea than energy drinks.

ok guys, heading to the doctor @ 1:30 today. Full Blood Panel will be done. Anything else i should ask or say to doc?

CaLDwELLkID said:
ok guys, heading to the doctor @ 1:30 today. Full Blood Panel will be done. Anything else i should ask or say to doc?

Just tell the Doc everything that you've done - which includes what you were doing when you were OK and how things progressed to the point where you're at now. He's your doc so they should be told all the gory details - including downing more Gatorade in a day than most people swill down in a couple of months and all supplements (vitamins, iron, protein etc etc) you've been taking. The last thing you want is a confused doc trying to figure out what the hell is going on is something seems oddly out of whack with the test results when all that happened was that you consumed about a months worth of sodium in 5 hours from that gatorade. That last point may be a slight exageration - but you get the idea.

Your doc isn't a mind reader. Doctors are normally pretty good at figuring stuff out - but help them help you. It's what you pay them for right, to help you?

Chapeau! said:
As an accomplished cyclist/athlete, I actually consume more green tea than energy drinks.

Pray tell, what have you accomplished as a cyclist?

swampy1970 said:
Pray tell, what have you accomplished as a cyclist?

That would be telling, I'd blow my cover.

Mike, too much of a good thing, is a bad thing, even water, fruit, pasta, vegetables etc, not too mention energy bars/drinks. I've been down that road & learn't from my mistakes.

From past experiences I couldn't rely on doctors & blood tests. I had thyroid issues & neither detected it.

Having said that, my thyroid issues literally made me bed ridden, your winning BMX races. Hmmm...

Chapeau! said:

Mike, too much of a good thing, is a bad thing, even water, fruit, pasta, vegetables etc, not too mention energy bars/drinks. I've been down that road & learn't from my mistakes.

From past experiences I couldn't rely on doctors & blood tests. I had thyroid issues & neither detected it.

Having said that, my thyroid issues literally made me bed ridden, your winning BMX races. Hmmm...

ugh im getting so frustrated. i gotta be fresh by sept 4th. i gotta win this title

Chapeau! said:

You need a cover, huh?

Unless you've finished top 20 in the Tour or ridden under 50 minutes for a 25 without tri-bars, or won a butt load of national champs I'm going to be most dissapointed now.

How about you just get over yourself... ;)

swampy, enough man! i dont want any of this on this thread. go to another thread if yer gonna act like that. along with everyone else. thanks