Chronic tendinitis

Diego Gualino

Guest
My desperation is reaching dangerous levels!!! It's two years now that I've been struggling with
this problem. I play bass guitar and work with a mouse&and what's more (the only optional, which I
gave up) I used to drive a vespa!!! I've seen several doctors, and the scary thing is that they have
come up with different diagnoses. It started kind of ominously. All at once my right thumb started
jerking sideways, in and out, with no help from me. My hand swelled up like a soccerball and I
couldn't even hold a fork. I had to become left-handed for about a month. Ice, anti-
inflammatories&and it got a little better. Since I had to work I worked the mouse with my left hand,
and my left hand started to hurt!

Some people say I have Carpal's Tunnel and some say I have some other, not well identified, problem.
Acupuncture, physiotherapy of several kinds, hot water and an anatomical mousepad give me some
relief, but DO NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

The real nightmare happened this summer. I had a month-and-a-half's vacation driving through Mexico
(wonderful), and was glad to be able to give my wrist a rest. But after two weeks the thumb started
doing it's thing again, only it wouldn't stop. I spent whole days and nights in pain with this thing
jerking back and forth. I bought something similar to Voltaren and after three nights the thing
finally stopped moving and the pain subsided somewhat, but didn't go away altogether.

Since I got back four months ago I haven't used the computer (I'm trying to change jobs) but I can't
stop playing it's my reason for being alive.

The pain is bearable, but it's always with me. Before playing a do stretching exercizes (my hands
often feel half asleep) and the pain slowly disappears, only to come back after about half an hour.
I feel worst at night and first thing in the morning. My arm also itches a lot. Since it has
something to do with the tendon, obviously the pain goes up to my elbow and shoulder.

I've heard a lot of similar stories, but nobody I've talked to has quite the same symtoms as mine.
I'd be very happy to hear from anyone with a similar experience or anybody else who might be able to
give me some kind of advice, because I just don't know what to do anymore.

Thanks in advance. I hope sooner or later they'll find some REAL solution to this enormous problem
that so many people have!

As some of you may know, probably an incorrect IP number for
a Memorial University machine on the Dalhousie upfeed
computer kept close to 100 of my posts from Feb. 2 to a few
days ago from going outside MUN. Now ideally I would edit
and update them before reposting but that would take a while
so I am just going to repost some of them (they are not all
to the same group(s) so it shouldn't swamp any one group and
in some cases only a few interested in the missing posts
will read them ) as
is. But I will in each post mention the original post time
and note that in my newsgroup and web page writing
since then I may have corrected and/or built on that
original post. Now here is the original post, unedited.

Re: Chronic tendinitis From: David Dalton <[email protected]>
Date: February 13, 2004 01:06:23 pm Groups:
misc.health.alternative no references

Diego Gualino wrote:

> My desperation is reaching dangerous levels!!! It's two
> years now that I've been struggling with this problem. I
> play bass guitar and work with a mouse&and what's more
> (the only optional, which I gave up) I used to drive a
> vespa!!! I've seen several doctors, and the scary thing is
> that they have come up with different diagnoses. It
> started kind of ominously. All at once my right thumb
> started jerking sideways, in and out, with no help from
> me. My hand swelled up like a soccerball and I couldn't
> even hold a fork. I had to become left-handed for about a
> month. Ice, anti-inflammatories&and it got a little
> better. Since I had to work I worked the mouse with my
> left hand, and my left hand started to hurt!
>
> Some people say I have Carpal's Tunnel and some say I have
> some other, not well identified, problem. Acupuncture,
> physiotherapy of several kinds, hot water and an
> anatomical mousepad give me some relief, but DO NOT SOLVE
> THE PROBLEM.
>
> The real nightmare happened this summer. I had a month-and-a-
> half's vacation driving through Mexico (wonderful), and
> was glad to be able to give my wrist a rest. But after two
> weeks the thumb started doing it's thing again, only it
> wouldn't stop. I spent whole days and nights in pain with
> this thing jerking back and forth. I bought something
> similar to Voltaren and after three nights the thing
> finally stopped moving and the pain subsided somewhat, but
> didn't go away altogether.
>
> Since I got back four months ago I haven't used the
> computer (I'm trying to change jobs) but I can't stop
> playing it's my reason for being alive.
>
> The pain is bearable, but it's always with me. Before
> playing a do stretching exercizes (my hands often feel
> half asleep) and the pain slowly disappears, only to come
> back after about half an hour. I feel worst at night and
> first thing in the morning. My arm also itches a lot.
> Since it has something to do with the tendon, obviously
> the pain goes up to my elbow and shoulder.
>
> I've heard a lot of similar stories, but nobody I've
> talked to has quite the same symtoms as mine. I'd be very
> happy to hear from anyone with a similar experience or
> anybody else who might be able to give me some kind of
> advice, because I just don't know what to do anymore.
>
> Thanks in advance. I hope sooner or later they'll find
> some REAL solution to this enormous problem that so many
> people have!

Maybe try misc.health.rsi.misc and
misc.health.rsi.moderated .

David