Chrysler bikes any good?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jeffrey Engstro, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. I see Chrysler had a line of "PT Cruiser" bicycles out. Does anyone know if they are any good, or
    are they just re-labeled Huffys? Any advice on a comfortable bike for a short commute? Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:21:55 GMT, <[email protected]>, "Jeffrey
    Engstrom" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Any advice on a comfortable bike for a short commute? Thanks

    Go to a bicycle shop that permits dogs in the store.
    --
    zk

  3. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Go to a bicycle shop that permits dogs in the store.

    Excellent criterion, Zoot.

    Another good indicator is a shop where you can bring the mechanics some beer, and they can drink it.

    Chalo Colina

  4. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Go to a bicycle shop that permits dogs in the store.

    Excellent criterion, Zoot.

    Another good indicator is a shop where you can bring the mechanics some beer, and they can drink it.

    Chalo Colina

  5. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    22 Jul 2003 18:57:39 -0700,
    <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Chalo) wrote:

    >Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> Go to a bicycle shop that permits dogs in the store.
    >
    >Excellent criterion, Zoot.
    >
    >Another good indicator is a shop where you can bring the mechanics some beer, and they can
    >drink it.

    Especially if the mechanics happen to be shapely tattooed grrlz.

    I think what does it for me are the olfactory signals but it's hard to describe, yet harder to
    forget, how a good bike shop smells.

    The glitzy bicycle emporiums smell like the inside of a new fridge.
    --
    zk

  6. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:17:53 -0700, Zoot Katz <[email protected]> from Balsa Pacific Aero Ltd.
    Engineering & Bicycle Mongery wrote:

    >Especially if the mechanics happen to be shapely tattooed grrlz.

    Sned gifs. I am over 18.

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace OKAY!! Turn on the sound ONLY for TRYNEL
    CARPETING, FULLY-EQUIPPED

  7. "Jeffrey Engstrom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I see Chrysler had a line of "PT Cruiser" bicycles out. Does anyone know if they are any good, or
    > are they just re-labeled Huffys?

    Think of it this way -- does an automobile company want you to enjoy riding your bike to work, or
    would they rather you drive a car?

    It's just like the advice I used to see on misc.kids.breastfeeding -- don't buy a breast pump
    manufactured by a formula company.

    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
    http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

  8. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Claire Petersky) writes:

    > It's just like the advice I used to see on misc.kids.breastfeeding -- don't buy a breast pump
    > manufactured by a formula company.

    It might be possible to convert one of those into a bike horn, with a little modification.

    cheers, Tom