Chucksbikes.com Tsunami TT frame issue

rudycyclist

Mar 14, 2006
Before chucksbikes.com went out of business, I bought a Tsunami TT frame (Time Traveler) from them. It did not include a seat post collar or anything to tighten a seatpost. It looks like it's supposed to be an integrated seat mast. Just wondering if anyone has this same frame or if anyone knows what I can do. I have sent a few emails to them and they have not responded so I'm sure the email address is dead now. I do not want to throw this frame away because I cannot find a seatpost collar. Please help!

I already looked into this and unfortunately, there is a disclaimer on the bottom of the home page of the (American) Tsunami website you gave me saying they have no relation to Chucks Bikes and the frame I bought is Chinese. Another dead link...

rudycyclist said:
Before chucksbikes.com went out of business, I bought a Tsunami TT frame (Time Traveler) from them. It did not include a seat post collar or anything to tighten a seatpost. It looks like it's supposed to be an integrated seat mast. Just wondering if anyone has this same frame or if anyone knows what I can do. I have sent a few emails to them and they have not responded so I'm sure the email address is dead now. I do not want to throw this frame away because I cannot find a seatpost collar. Please help!
If the frame doesn't use an integrated seatmast and/or the seat tube is ROUND, then measure the Outer Diameter of the seat tube ... and then, buy a collar whose inner diameter matches the OD measurement -- either quick release or not -- for example, an alloy frame which uses a 27.2 seatpost might use a 31.8 collar.

The last time I looked, the cost of a seat post collar ranged between about $6 & $60.

Seat tube is not round. It looks like a Trek TTX except it's fully integrated, or so it seems. This is a picture I found of the same frame online.

My recollection from that website is that the white/blue "Tsunami" frames had an integrated seat mast, and that there was some guidance about measuring carefully and having a machine shop cut the mast to the right size. I think they also had a link (or at least a name) for a shop who could do the cutting for a price.

How about posting a pic of your frame, and folks might have suggestions on how the seat gets fixed to the top of the (cut) mast?

Apparently there is a little black cap with some sort of device to tighten the seatpost that covers where the seatpost goes, then a round seatpost is used there. This is a real wild goose chase.

Rudy
I was surfing around on the web a few days ago and saw your post. I was able to get to the place I have the rest of my things stored and after looking around for over an hour was able to find a seat post clamp for the Time traveler frame. I am sorry that you had this problem but I really wish you would have contacted me before I closed down. I would have been more then happy to have sent out one to you then. So send me an email with your address and I will get it out to you. Email me at [email protected].

rudycyclist said: