Chung

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Nancy1, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. Nancy1

    Nancy1 Guest

    Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    attention, he might disappear.

    N.

    Tags:

  2. Jo Ling

    Jo Ling Guest

    "Nancy1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    > He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    > attention, he might disappear.
    >
    > N.

    Good idea.

    I posted a perfectly polite question about an oven, and everyone did a great
    job of ignoring *me*.

  3. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    Nancy1 wrote:
    > Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Douche Bag Chung so he'll go away?
    > He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    > attention, he might disappear.

    It's way too late for not responding... Douche Bag Chung is not the
    problem... only reason for those posts finding their way here in the
    first place and their perpetuation is one certain fetid WOP troll who
    initially initiated the crossposting thereof, and continues still.
    First ignore the WOP troll.

  4. kilikini

    kilikini Guest

    "Nancy1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    > He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    > attention, he might disappear.
    >
    > N.

    I set my reader, yeah OE, Oh Well, to block anything that has his name in
    it. I don't see a thing.

    kili

  5. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "Nancy1" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    > He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    > attention, he might disappear.
    >
    > N.

    Thank you Nancy for this post!!!!! Every time I kill the person who answer
    and my killfile is full!
    Why they post here? Are they trolls? I don't know!
    Cheers
    Pandora

  6. "Nancy1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    > He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    > attention, he might disappear.

    THANK YOU! Part of the problem though is cross-postings. People from other
    groups respond to the cross-posted groups and it gets posted here.
    Ah the beauty of usenet.

  7. kevnbro

    kevnbro Guest

    >Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away? He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays attention, he might disappear.

    Unfortunately, no amount of ignoring will cause Doc Chung to
    disappear. I know the type... he's a desktop minister- his idea of,
    "sharing the good news with the world" is sitting on his ass drinking
    coffee and bangin' out bible verses on message boards. Being a
    missionary kid myself and having truly sacrificed in both Central and
    South America, I have to say I take some offense. If he were truly
    devoted, he'd take the time to get ordained, join a missions program
    and commit to years of sharing the bible with those who wouldn't know a
    computer from a Coke bottle. Kev

  8. Nancy1

    Nancy1 Guest

    Sheldon wrote:
    > Nancy1 wrote:
    > > Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Douche Bag Chung so he'll go away?
    > > He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    > > attention, he might disappear.

    > It's way too late for not responding... Douche Bag Chung is not the
    > problem... only reason for those posts finding their way here in the
    > first place and their perpetuation is one certain fetid WOP troll who
    > initially initiated the crossposting thereof, and continues still.
    > First ignore the WOP troll.

    I don't know who the troll is, but Shel, please don't put adjectives in
    my posts.
    Thanks in advance ;-)

    N.

  9. "Nancy1" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    > He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    > attention, he might disappear.
    >
    > N.

    I don't even know who he/she/it is. It's in my killfile but I don't
    remember when I stuffed it in there. If I put one more nym in the killfile
    they will all smother.

    Michael

    --
    Pics aren't great but here are 2 of my 4 brats.
    Hoot about to snatch the snack out of my mouth:

    Ramsey ever curious about electronics breaking into the TMobile bag:
    http://tinypic.com/jtrwgn.jpg

  10. limey

    limey Guest

    "Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Nancy1" <[email protected]> looking for trouble wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    >> He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    >> attention, he might disappear.
    >>
    >> N.
    >>

    > I don't even know who he/she/it is. It's in my killfile but I don't
    > remember when I stuffed it in there. If I put one more nym in the
    > killfile
    > they will all smother.
    >
    > Michael

    I clean out my killfile periodically and start over, since a lot of the
    pests finally disappear and, as you say, the file gets overloaded.

    Dora

  11. ensenadajim

    ensenadajim Guest

    On 11 Jan 2006 11:39:02 -0800, "Sheldon" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Nancy1 wrote:
    >> Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Douche Bag Chung so he'll go away?
    >> He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    >> attention, he might disappear.

    >It's way too late for not responding... Douche Bag Chung is not the
    >problem... only reason for those posts finding their way here in the
    >first place and their perpetuation is one certain fetid WOP troll who
    >initially initiated the crossposting thereof, and continues still.
    >First ignore the WOP troll.

    Another troll has spoken.

    jim

  12. Jen

    Jen Guest

    "Nancy1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    > He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    > attention, he might disappear.
    >
    > N.

    I've been wondering who to killfile, obviously there's the chung guy, but
    all these others who were answering him had me very confused. I'm glad
    someone finally brought the subject up.

    Jen

  13. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:36:48 -0000, "Jo Ling" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I posted a perfectly polite question about an oven, and everyone did a great
    >job of ignoring *me*.

    I've never heard of Baumatic and don't have any experience with the
    Baumatic B910SS, which is what you asked about.

    Thus I didn't respond. I didn't have anything to say. Still don't,
    but there it is, you forced my hand ;>

    So....what did you decide?

    Sue(tm)

  14. Hairy

    Hairy Guest

    "Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:36:48 -0000, "Jo Ling" <[email protected]>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I posted a perfectly polite question about an oven, and everyone did a

    great
    > >job of ignoring *me*.

    > I've never heard of Baumatic and don't have any experience with the
    > Baumatic B910SS, which is what you asked about.
    >
    > Thus I didn't respond. I didn't have anything to say. Still don't,
    > but there it is, you forced my hand ;>
    >
    > So....what did you decide?

    Google shows it to be a UK brand. I've never heard of it, either.

    Dave

  15. Puester

    Puester Guest

    Jo Ling wrote:
    > "Nancy1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    >>He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    >>attention, he might disappear.
    >>
    >>N.
    >>

    > Good idea.
    >
    > I posted a perfectly polite question about an oven, and everyone did a great
    > job of ignoring *me*.

    Please don't feel offended. Usually when a post about a specific
    appliance is not replied to, it's because no one has the information the
    poster requested. People seem to be getting more careful about not
    giving unfounded opinions and that's often a Good Thing.

    gloria p

  16. sf

    sf Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:55:55 +0100, Pandora wrote:

    > "Nancy1" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    > > He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    > > attention, he might disappear.
    > >
    > > N.

    > Thank you Nancy for this post!!!!! Every time I kill the person who answer
    > and my killfile is full!
    > Why they post here? Are they trolls? I don't know!

    They are only Trolls if you respond (fishing (not phishing)/trolling)

  17. sf

    sf Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 16:10:44 -0500, limey wrote:

    > I clean out my killfile periodically and start over, since a lot of the
    > pests finally disappear and, as you say, the file gets overloaded.

    I apply the 30 day rule too. So what if they come back? We have kill
    files! LOL

  18. sf

    sf Guest

    On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:09:39 GMT, Jen wrote:

    > "Nancy1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    > > He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    > > attention, he might disappear.
    > >
    > > N.
    > >

    > I've been wondering who to killfile, obviously there's the chung guy, but
    > all these others who were answering him had me very confused. I'm glad
    > someone finally brought the subject up.
    >
    > Jen

    Oh, come on Jen.... it's not hard. FIRST you filter anything with
    Chung in the title, then you filter all the cross posters by author.

  19. Pandora

    Pandora Guest

    "sf" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    news:[email protected]
    > On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 20:55:55 +0100, Pandora wrote:
    >

    >> "Nancy1" <[email protected]> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> > Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Dr. Chung so he'll go away?
    >> > He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody

    >> pays
    >> > attention, he might disappear.
    >> >
    >> > N.

    >> Thank you Nancy for this post!!!!! Every time I kill the person who
    >> answer
    >> and my killfile is full!
    >> Why they post here? Are they trolls? I don't know!

    > They are only Trolls if you respond (fishing (not phishing)/trolling)

    They seams so serious when they speak of their things :)
    Pan

  20. Sheldon wrote:
    > Nancy1 wrote:
    >
    >>Would everyone PLEASE stop responding to Chung so he'll go away?
    >>He periodically posts to this group and it's just crap. If nobody pays
    >>attention, he might disappear.

    > It's way too late for not responding... Douche Bag Chung is not the
    > problem... only reason for those posts finding their way here in the
    > first place and their perpetuation is one certain fetid WOP troll who
    > initially initiated the crossposting thereof, and continues still.
    > First ignore the WOP troll.

    This would be Shithead Sheldon referring to me in his erudite, educated,
    linguistically skillful way. Moron.

    I wasn't the one who "initially initiated the crossposting." Chung
    started crossposting to RFC to try to embarrass me here. I specifically
    don't "continue still" to post replies to Chung here. Period.

    Sheldon, do not go gently into that good night, but do go...

    And see if you can post one message that's accurate. G'head. Give it
    your best.

    Hope springs eternal even in the face of lamentable history.

    Pastorio