Ciclo Master CM434

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by walkc4, Sep 12, 2003.

1. walkc4

walkc4 New Member

I need some help. I decided to replace my CatEye with a wireless computer and purchased a CM434. The manual has no picture for mounting the sensor and magnet to the fork. I attached the sensor to the front of the fork (battery cap at the top) with the flatter side facing in. I placed the magnet on a spoke within 3 mm of the sensor but cannot get a reading when I spin the wheel. I have the computer in the mount within 60 cm of the sensor, so I don't think that is the problem. I could replace the 12V battery in the sensor but I have a feeling I did something wrong on the sensor or magnet location. Any suggestions?

Tags:

2. jdc2000

jdc2000 New Member

Check the sensor unit to see if there is a marking on it that says 'Magnet' or something else that might indicate which end of the sensor the magnet should pass close to. Also, make sure that the battery polarity is correct. You could remove the magnet from the spoke and pass it close to various areas of the sensor to see what area it needs to pass by. Finally, you could check the battery voltage level.