Cigarettes and Running

RunningRose

Guest
I live in NY city and know plenty of people who smoke and run and have
done so for years. I am a journalist writing a piece about smokers who
routinely exercise. Do you know anyone who smokes cigarettes but still
manages to get to the gym 2-3 times a week? If so, it would be great to
interview them. Email me or call the number below and leave a message.

Thanks,
Catherine Saint Louis
The New York Times
212 556 1234

>Email me or call the number below and leave a message.>

The message with heavy breathing, and screams of ectasy, was me.

RunningRose wrote:
> I live in NY city and know plenty of people who smoke and run and

have
> done so for years. I am a journalist writing a piece about smokers

who
> routinely exercise. Do you know anyone who smokes cigarettes but

still
> manages to get to the gym 2-3 times a week? If so, it would be great

> interview them. Email me or call the number below and leave a

message.

> Thanks,
> Catherine Saint Louis
> The New York Times
> 212 556 1234

How about writing an article about some unsavory characters who lurk
about a 'public' NG conducting themselves in a manner which is
'affront' to the pastime which they profess to enjoy and represent?

I take it for granted that this NG provides for a representative sample
of the runner's 'attitude'.

Henceforth, I shall keep it in mind, every time that I see a jogger.
I myself have wasted enough time, herein.

Good bye.

RL

On 27 Mar 2005 18:24:02 -0800, [email protected] wrote:

>RunningRose wrote:
>> I live in NY city and know plenty of people who smoke and run and

>have
>> done so for years. I am a journalist writing a piece about smokers

>who
>> routinely exercise. Do you know anyone who smokes cigarettes but

>still
>> manages to get to the gym 2-3 times a week? If so, it would be great

>> interview them. Email me or call the number below and leave a

>message.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Catherine Saint Louis
>> The New York Times
>> 212 556 1234

>How about writing an article about some unsavory characters who lurk
>about a 'public' NG conducting themselves in a manner which is
>'affront' to the pastime which they profess to enjoy and represent?

Those characters are not interesting enough.

>I take it for granted that this NG provides for a representative sample
>of the runner's 'attitude'.

No. You have come across losers, not runners.

_g

On 27 Mar 2005 14:50:51 -0800, "RunningRose"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I live in NY city and know plenty of people who smoke and run and have
>done so for years. I am a journalist writing a piece about smokers who
>routinely exercise. Do you know anyone who smokes cigarettes but still
>manages to get to the gym 2-3 times a week? If so, it would be great to
>interview them. Email me or call the number below and leave a message.
>
>Thanks,
>Catherine Saint Louis
>The New York Times
>212 556 1234

I know people who surf waves in Hawaii and smoke. I don't. Any fool
can smoke and go to the gym. It's a lot more serious when you get
held down by a big wave.

You don't have much of a story IMO unless you find some interesting
characters. Addiction is addiction.

_g

On 27 Mar 2005 15:18:56 -0800, "Al Capone" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>>Email me or call the number below and leave a message.>

>The message with heavy breathing, and screams of ectasy, was me.

Bending over and taking it in.

_g

On a more serious note, I often climb high mountains in
Colorado. This can take a effort equivalent running when
you are at high altitude and/or doing technical moves on rock.
I was surprised the first couple of times to see people
smoking on the summit or during rest breaks. Its not a large
number of people, but unexpected.

rick++ wrote:
> On a more serious note, I often climb high mountains in
> Colorado. This can take a effort equivalent running when
> you are at high altitude and/or doing technical moves on rock.
> I was surprised the first couple of times to see people
> smoking on the summit or during rest breaks. Its not a large
> number of people, but unexpected.

I also enjoy climbing. I don't know if you saw it, but there was a
whole article in Alpinist on climbers and 4:20.

Martha