Cinder Cone Upgrade?

Caher

New Member
May 22, 2003
Hi all,
I’ve just bought a Kona Cinder Cone on the pretext that this bike has a great frame but components are ‘ripe for upgrading’. Has anyone done any upgrades on a Cinder Cone and got any ideas for?
I will primarily use it for Cross Country riding.
Most grateful for any advice.

caher

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:51:41 +1000, Caher wrote:

> Hi all,
> I’ve just bought a Kona Cinder Cone on the pretext that this bike has
> a great frame but components are ‘ripe for upgrading’. Has anyone done
> any upgrades on a Cinder Cone and got any ideas for?

Upgrade the frame for something titanium. Or just put in a new rear shock.

bomba wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:51:41 +1000, Caher wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>> I’ve just bought a Kona Cinder Cone on the pretext that this bike has
>>a great frame but components are ‘ripe for upgrading’. Has anyone done
>>any upgrades on a Cinder Cone and got any ideas for?

> Upgrade the frame for something titanium. Or just put in a new rear shock.

The Cinder Cone is a hardtail. I don't think a rear shock would do much
good. :)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws