Cinelli Lux Bartape?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Mathias Koerber, Feb 1, 2004.

  1. [originally mistakenly posted to r.b.r - cancelled there - MK ]

    Does anyone in this group have experience/opinions about the Cinelli Lux handlbar tape with 3m
    strips? A Google search for ¨Cinelli Lux¨ only resulted in for-sale ads etc, no experiences or
    opinions anywhere..

    I am most interested in:
    a) how visible is the strip in the daytime? Is it the picture on the Cinelli website
    <http://www.cinelli.it/snap/prodotti/original/prodotto/lux.jpg> accurate?
    b) can one feel the strips (protruding or indented) or are they flush with the rest of the tape,
    and are theu harder or softer than the rest?
    c) how are the reflective properties?

    thx Mathias

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Mathias Koerber wrote:
    > [originally mistakenly posted to r.b.r - cancelled there - MK ]
    >
    > Does anyone in this group have experience/opinions about the Cinelli Lux handlbar tape with 3m
    > strips? A Google search for ¨Cinelli Lux¨ only resulted in for-sale ads etc, no experiences or
    > opinions anywhere..
    >
    > I am most interested in:
    > a) how visible is the strip in the daytime? Is it the picture on the Cinelli website
    > <http://www.cinelli.it/snap/prodotti/original/prodotto/lux.jpg> accurate?
    > b) can one feel the strips (protruding or indented) or are they flush with the rest of the tape,
    > and are theu harder or softer than the rest?
    > c) how are the reflective properties?

    a)It looks like a silver band in daylight, like 3M Scotchlite.
    b)Can't feel it
    c)It's 3M Scotchlite or else something just like it.( I don't have any right now to look at but we
    did last autumn and it reflects pretty well)