Cinelli Spinacissimi aero bar

scum1

Mar 23, 2004
Anyone have these mini aero bars? I just got some and was wondering how you like yours and how you adjust them for comfort. I need to get some of the Grippo pads I believe. I put them on a Trek 1200 road bike. I have ridden with them once and it was ok. I mainly ride alone and it is windy here where I live I like the fact that your not so far out front like with regular aero bars. All opinions are welcome.

I bought them about a year ago - I thought they looked cool in the advert's; easier to set up than regular aero bars, just slap on the grippos (they're velcro), so you don't need to fool with elbow pads. WELL.....was_I_wrong! The idea was good, but there needed to be more thought put into the design. They are too wide at the base to fit close to the stem. Since the width is not adjustable (being a one-piece plastic construction), you've got to peel off some handlebar tape to get them on. What a pain in the ###. If the width were somehow adjustable.....yes, they would be a convenient bar to slap on for short TTs. What a disappointment.

Originally posted by BikingBrian
I bought them about a year ago - I thought they looked cool in the advert's; easier to set up than regular aero bars, just slap on the grippos (they're velcro), so you don't need to fool with elbow pads. WELL.....was_I_wrong! The idea was good, but there needed to be more thought put into the design. They are too wide at the base to fit close to the stem. Since the width is not adjustable (being a one-piece plastic construction), you've got to peel off some handlebar tape to get them on. What a pain in the ###. If the width were somehow adjustable.....yes, they would be a convenient bar to slap on for short TTs. What a disappointment.

Yes I had to take off some tape myself. I'll give them a bit longer. I'm still tweaking the angles and such. Thanks