Cinelli Starship rear wishbone and setpost slipping

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Robert, Apr 21, 2003.

  1. Robert

    Robert Guest

    I have a Cinelli starship frame with the CNC rear wishbone and on this frame the seatpost fixation
    system is 2 bolts that go through the wishbone to close it around the 27.2 seatpost.

    I seem to have tightened the bolts too much so they now don't grip and make the seatpost slip.

    Any suggestions?

    Robert

    The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Robert <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I have a Cinelli starship frame with the CNC rear wishbone and on this frame the seatpost fixation
    >system is 2 bolts that go through the wishbone to close it around the 27.2 seatpost.
    >
    >I seem to have tightened the bolts too much so they now don't grip and make the seatpost slip.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    I haven't touched that particular frame but if the threads in the frame have been stripped then the
    usual fix is to tap it to 1mm larger size. You can probably get the tap handle, tap and cutting
    fluid for $25-35. I also suggest consulting the dealer since they may have superior solutions to
    problems they have seen before. It is also worth examining whether your seatpost is exactly the
    right size. There are variations among 27.2 (nominal) posts and a slightly undersized one would
    encourage overtightening. A digital or dial vernier caliper would be the best way to find out.

    --Paul

    PS: torque wrench

  3. Polly

    Polly Guest

    Robert May I ask is this an older cinelli starship? Black with white decals. 1" headtube?

    Polly

    Robert <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have a Cinelli starship frame with the CNC rear wishbone and on this frame the seatpost fixation
    > system is 2 bolts that go through the wishbone to close it around the 27.2 seatpost.
    >
    > I seem to have tightened the bolts too much so they now don't grip and make the seatpost slip.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Robert

    http://www.uncensored-news.com