Cinelli Starship rear wishbone and setpost slipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert

I have a Cinelli starship frame with the CNC rear wishbone and on this frame the seatpost fixation
system is 2 bolts that go through the wishbone to close it around the 27.2 seatpost.

I seem to have tightened the bolts too much so they now don't grip and make the seatpost slip.

Any suggestions?

Robert

In article <[email protected]>, Robert <[email protected]> wrote:
>I have a Cinelli starship frame with the CNC rear wishbone and on this frame the seatpost fixation
>system is 2 bolts that go through the wishbone to close it around the 27.2 seatpost.
>
>I seem to have tightened the bolts too much so they now don't grip and make the seatpost slip.
>
>Any suggestions?

I haven't touched that particular frame but if the threads in the frame have been stripped then the
usual fix is to tap it to 1mm larger size. You can probably get the tap handle, tap and cutting
fluid for $25-35. I also suggest consulting the dealer since they may have superior solutions to
problems they have seen before. It is also worth examining whether your seatpost is exactly the
right size. There are variations among 27.2 (nominal) posts and a slightly undersized one would
encourage overtightening. A digital or dial vernier caliper would be the best way to find out.

--Paul

PS: torque wrench

Robert May I ask is this an older cinelli starship? Black with white decals. 1" headtube?

Polly

Robert <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have a Cinelli starship frame with the CNC rear wishbone and on this frame the seatpost fixation
> system is 2 bolts that go through the wishbone to close it around the 27.2 seatpost.
>
> I seem to have tightened the bolts too much so they now don't grip and make the seatpost slip.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Robert
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com - Still Only $9.95 -
http://www.uncensored-news.com
> <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source
<><><><><><><><

Status
Not open for further replies.