Cinnamon Roll Pizza/Cinnasticks

Any one have any ideas on how to duplicate those dessert "pizzas" that places
like Dominos Cinnasticks and in the SE US Ciccis
(http://www.cicispizza.com/cicis/) Cinnamon Roll Pizza.

In the case of Ciccis Cinnamon Roll Pizza since the finished product is much
thicker than a pizza appears to have risen more than pizza dough would normally.

This puts a kink in my theory that these are pizza dough based items, although
the cinnasticks still could be as they are not as thick.

My theory was that these places don't want two kinds of dough around to make
these items, and just use the dough they have for pizzas. The thickness of at
least Ciccis products puts that in question as pizza dough is not that thick.

Maybe it is and the dough gets a rise period?

Any one have ides, recipes .....for the dough and toppings, icing ?

Thanks in advance.

----
Support your LOCAL scanner frequency site and groups!
http://www.wpascanner.com http://www.tampascanner.info

I think they are small pieces of pizza dough coated in cinnamon and sugar
(maybe in syrup form), rolled up, stuffed into a pan and baked.

Then after they are baked, they are drizzled with icing.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Any one have any ideas on how to duplicate those dessert "pizzas" that
> places
> like Dominos Cinnasticks and in the SE US Ciccis
> (http://www.cicispizza.com/cicis/) Cinnamon Roll Pizza.
>
> In the case of Ciccis Cinnamon Roll Pizza since the finished product is
> much
> thicker than a pizza appears to have risen more than pizza dough would
> normally.
>
> This puts a kink in my theory that these are pizza dough based items,
> although
> the cinnasticks still could be as they are not as thick.
>
> My theory was that these places don't want two kinds of dough around to
> make
> these items, and just use the dough they have for pizzas. The thickness of
> at
> least Ciccis products puts that in question as pizza dough is not that
> thick.
>
> Maybe it is and the dough gets a rise period?
>
> Any one have ides, recipes .....for the dough and toppings, icing ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> ----
> Support your LOCAL scanner frequency site and groups!
> http://www.wpascanner.com http://www.tampascanner.info
> Newsgroups
> =----

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 18:11:54 GMT, "Cliff Hartle" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I think they are small pieces of pizza dough coated in cinnamon and sugar
>(maybe in syrup form), rolled up, stuffed into a pan and baked.
>
>Then after they are baked, they are drizzled with icing.

That was my theory as well, but the Ciccis product is MUCH TOO THICK for
traditional pizza dough when baked. Its very thick, maybe 1-2" very close to a
normal sweet/cinnamon roll.

So this must be a different dough than the pizza batch.

Cinnasticks are just that pizza dough as they are about the same thickness.
----
Support your LOCAL scanner frequency site and groups!
http://www.wpascanner.com http://www.tampascanner.info

On Mon 02 Jan 2006 11:35:22p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it ?

> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 18:11:54 GMT, "Cliff Hartle"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I think they are small pieces of pizza dough coated in cinnamon and
>>sugar (maybe in syrup form), rolled up, stuffed into a pan and baked.
>>
>>Then after they are baked, they are drizzled with icing.

> That was my theory as well, but the Ciccis product is MUCH TOO THICK for
> traditional pizza dough when baked. Its very thick, maybe 1-2" very
> close to a normal sweet/cinnamon roll.
>
> So this must be a different dough than the pizza batch.
>
> Cinnasticks are just that pizza dough as they are about the same
> thickness. ----

It would seem that a lot depends on how thick you roll out the dough and
how long you let it rise. Pizza dough is not really much different than
many other bread doughs.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*