Ciocc Designer '84 Road Bike

ARTFRAME

Aug 3, 2011
This vintage Ciocc is a limited edition "Designer '84", purchased in 1984 from the importer, Ten Speeds More Or Less in Linworth, Ohio. It is all original, including Cineli stem and bars, and Campagnolo Super Record equipment throughout, except for the sealed Phil Wood hubs laced to Mavic rims with DT double-butted SS spokes. 59 CM size, comfortable Turbo saddle and Look Pedals (with cleats in fair condition). (Note: At the same price you may substitute the original Campagnolo hubs/rims, which are also assembled with DT double-butted SS spokes.) As-is, weight is about 22 lbs. A 1995 Vetta C10, handlebar-mounted trip computer is included, which worked perfectly in 1995, but it needs a battery.

I am the original owner, and meticulously maintained this bike throughout the decade I rode it. It has been in climate-controlled storage since 1995, so it needs new tires and tubes, but otherwise, it is ready to ride. There are some minor scratches from normal wear and tear, which I have not touched up. A collectible bike should be as close to original condition as possible. This one is. As a classic example of 1980s state-of-the-art bicycle technology, the Columbus SLX steel frame makes it ride like a dream - rigid, quick handling, and very stable.

The bike is in Pickerington, Ohio, a Columbus suburb. I can accept credit cards, and will package and ship the bike as you wish, at your expense. Contact me, Jim Miller, by email for more information or to make an offer: [email protected]

This web site tells the story of Ciocc Bicycles and Giovanni Pelizzoli, aka "Poker Face", who provided the origin of the Ciocc name.