Cipo and Peta headed for an early Giro exits?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Richard Adams, May 12, 2004.

  1. Cipo caught Aug's wheel as his leadout man looked back and went
    bouncy-bouncy, dusted himself off, crossed the finish line and went to
    hospital with some rash and possibly injured ankle and/or knee.

    Peta crashed earlier and has injured his coccyx (tail bone, which can
    hurt like hell, let me tell you), though won the sprint for the stage.

    I didn't figure either to finish the Giro, now I wonder how much
    longer they'll stick it out.

    Tags:

  2. Davide Tosi

    Davide Tosi Guest

    [email protected] (Richard Adams) wrote:

    >Cipo caught Aug's wheel as his leadout man looked back and went
    >bouncy-bouncy, dusted himself off, crossed the finish line and went to
    >hospital with some rash and possibly injured ankle and/or knee.
    >
    >Peta crashed earlier and has injured his coccyx (tail bone, which can
    >hurt like hell, let me tell you), though won the sprint for the stage.
    >
    >I didn't figure either to finish the Giro, now I wonder how much
    >longer they'll stick it out.

    In post-race interview, Ale said that there wasn't any real pain anymore.
    He's ok and looks forward to win more stages and take the violet jersey to
    Milan.

  3. Thomas Lund

    Thomas Lund Guest

    Quote from today's cyclingnews.com :

    Cipollini came down hard and tore skin off his shin, elbow and ankle. He was
    taken to hospital in Arezzo where he received 14 stitches - 10 in his shin
    and 4 in his elbow. It's uncertain whether he will start tomorrow.

    Thomas Lund

    news:[email protected]